[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Black mage Boss

SimzSimz
Reactions: 985
edited March 2019 in General Chat
So i kinda had some trouble(spoiler alert; studies) brewing in real life and had to abstain from playing maple, right in the middle of the black mage arc/event.
I have two questions;
1; are the alliance coins useless at this point?
2; how can i access the story mode against the black mage, that i was in the middle of? I definetly remember reading that he was permanently accessible, and i intend to to clear the story, however i dont see where i can do that?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    1. Yes
    2. You don't.

You did read right that it was added as permanent content, but you're mistaken in the rest of your line of thought. The story mode was there solely for the event period. If you want to get there now, you'll need to be 250+ and have the ability to clear non-event versions of all the bosses we dealt with during the event. And yes, they are far more difficult in their permanent forms than they were in the event.

And before you say otherwise, it was never said it would be added as permanent blockbuster content. It is permanent content, but very high-level endgame content.

If you're itching to see how everything progressed, and how it all ended, I'm sure there are a plethora of videos on youtube you could look up.
    Simz
  • SimzSimz
    edited March 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    1. Yes
    2. You don't.

You did read right that it was added as permanent content, but you're mistaken in the rest of your line of thought. The story mode was there solely for the event period. If you want to get there now, you'll need to be 250+ and have the ability to clear non-event versions of all the bosses we dealt with during the event. And yes, they are far more difficult in their permanent forms than they were in the event.

And before you say otherwise, it was never said it would be added as permanent blockbuster content. It is permanent content, but very high-level endgame content.

If you're itching to see how everything progressed, and how it all ended, I'm sure there are a plethora of videos on youtube you could look up.

....well damn it all.
    Do you know if the story mode at lvl 250 is the same as the one that was in the event? If not, i might as well watch the rest through a youtube video :/
    thanks for the reply :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    It's not story mode. "Story mode" was only during the event. Think of heroes of maple damien compared to actual-boss-fight damien.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Story mode very much still exists but you need to be 255. You'll be able to kill the black mage on easy/story mode once only.
  • SimzSimz
    edited March 2019
    thanks guys ;) i better start leveling