[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jump training (Arcade event)

SurbubelSurbubel
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Being in jump training and changing characters, then logging into the same character will cause you to use an additional daily attempt, though you haven't. I haven't tested for dodge training, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens there.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Why would you change characters inside the jump training map?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Surbubel wrote: »
    Being in jump training and changing characters, then logging into the same character will cause you to use an additional daily attempt, though you haven't. I haven't tested for dodge training, but I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens there.

Haven't done either yet, but isn't that's like saying you entered a boss and then tried to change characters and expected to not consume up the daily entrance?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2019
    Hey surbubel,

the issue where disconnecting during the Retro world jump training consumes an extra entry is being looked into

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited March 2019
    Can confirm that if you dc or log out during Jump training, and log back in, it will use up an additional entry.
    The map does not have the function to kick you out of the map when you log out or dc, so when you log back (within 1 minute before the timer expires) you will reappear in the jump training map and it will cost an additional entry and then immediately kick you out if the 1 minute timer runs out while you are logged out.

Bug Reproduction Step timeline (minutes:seconds)
    0:00 Not yet entered, 3 entries remaining
    0:05 Entered the dodge training, 2 entries remaining, 1 minute timer start now
    0:10 Disconnect or log out, 2 entries remaining, 55 second timer
    0:30 Reconnect on the same character, reappear in the dodge training map, 1 entries remaining, 35 second timer.
    0:35 Disconnect or log out, 1 entries remaining, 30 second timer
    0:50 Reconnect on the same character, reappear in the dodge training map, 0 entries remaining, 15 second timer.
    1:15 Timer expires, get kicked out , 0 entries remaining
    Cannot re-enter for the rest of the day due to 0 entries remaining
    YinYangX
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    From a coding standpoint, the variable that stores entry count is most likely decremented right at the start in a for statement.

This also happens to prevent any loopholes of allowing capping of the daily points and/or prevents capping the required points for the castle entry with minimal effort.

@Rexaar's finding seems more like a bug however. They are saying you can lose 2 or all your runs if you happen to DC due to there being no failsafe while continuing to subtract entry counts.