[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can you please fix the prequests?

KuronekonovaKuronekonova
Reactions: 795
edited March 2019 in General Chat
hi. i've been doing prequests for bosses and arcane river and they are really long and bad and annoying. espicially (idk if i am spelling it right ) the arcane river pres if you dont have enough arcane force. plus, item quest drop rate is absolute garbage. and the dialogue for every prequest is so long that you have to skip it other wise you will need 10 hours to complete the prequest. i think nexon likes making long prequests to slow us down. i am doing chu chu prequest and its soooo long and quest item is sooo bad. please, add a skipper for prequests, or , make every monster drop the quest item in the area.

i'm new to this forum. hi.
TetrisSpy

Comments

• TetrisSpyTetrisSpy
    Reactions: 220
    edited March 2019
    Doing prequest for every new class is pure Cancer, we should at least do this prequest on main character 1 time only or nexon should sell a prequest skipper ticket they will make tons of cash $$$ if they sell those XD. after dealing with the annoying long 5thjob advanced prequest we need to deal with arcane river and so on.
    killing monsters>killing monsters looting items>killing monsters. back in the days it was "are you a trainer or a storyline player".
    darikKuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Took me an hour to finish the vanishing journey questline on my, at the time, newly-200/5th job night lord. Took me about 30 minutes to finish the arcana questline on my now dual blade. 30-60 minutes per area isn't really that bad when you consider how long you're going to be spending in that area before moving on to the next.
    YinYangX
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    I agree that the first area is simply not okay. Having 30 AF and needing to clear monsters with significantly more AF (although they did actually reduce the AFs for Extinction/Repose to make it easier...) is just not really feasible if you're not god funded. Each subsequent area is usually fine as you've built up enough AF from the area(s) before to be able to do decent damage.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    I agree that the first area is simply not okay. Having 30 AF and needing to clear monsters with significantly more AF (although they did actually reduce the AFs for Extinction/Repose to make it easier...) is just not really feasible if you're not god funded. Each subsequent area is usually fine as you've built up enough AF from the area(s) before to be able to do decent damage.

This much I agree with. What would be nice, for new players, is a weeklong title that gives an extra 30 arcane power to help scoot them through the first area and get into doing dailies. By the time the week expires they should be fine.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited March 2019
    I've been pondering suggesting a level 200 Arcane Emblem which gives +10 AF, just to make Vanishing Journey less crap to start with.
    But I sort of expect it will end up being given to you after you finish the Vanishing Journey quests, instead of before you enter the Arcane River, where I'd suggest it happen.