[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Pet Skill - Extraction List

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello

This is a suggestion to add a new pet skill that will automatically extract equips upon looting. If you do not have enough etc space it would instead fall back on regular looting.

Why? Going to ardentmill is a major disruption to grinding - especially if you're in the middle of a 1 hour 2x exp buff! Even if you're not trying to maximize your exp gains this would still save you the time of having to go through the extraction interface.

How will it work? I would suggest giving each pet a list of items (similar to the item ignore list) and only these items when looted would be candidates for extraction. I had considered other options such as a toggle "extract all" in the pet interface but players may forget this is turned on and loot a hard boss drop. The best method is probably a list where you opt in each item you want to extract on looting.

This is a sort of similar suggestion to having honour immediately added instead of looting a use item, it's a big QoL improvement if this would be added.

Also it doesn't have to be a pet skill, it could also be implemented some other way: a new android with a unique skill perhaps, or a new "potion of extraction" which would give the effect while active, etc.

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited March 2019
    That is an interesting suggestion, I kinda like it. I would totally get it :)

It wouldn't make Ardentmill absolute because its not like everyone would buy it or want it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Automatic extraction during combat sounds like it could be laggy or buggy or both.
    I think a more reasonable request is to be allowed to extract normally outside of Ardentmill.
    Yes, you would still have to pause in your killing to extract, but at least you won't have to leave your map and possibly lose it.
    BeefFuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Automatic extraction during combat sounds like it could be laggy or buggy or both.
    I think a more reasonable request is to be allowed to extract normally outside of Ardentmill.
    Yes, you would still have to pause in your killing to extract, but at least you won't have to leave your map and possibly lose it.

This much would be very nice. The extraction UI is already available through the inventory window, it's silly to restrict it to a single map.
    SlicedTime
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    I don't think we should curtail our suggestions on the assumption that it will too complicated for nexon to code. Let them make that decision.