[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring back a well rounded semi-competitive pq

SirWellingtonSirWellington
Reactions: 110
I have played since the old days (i still have the two different years of pumpkin baskets from the original events lol) and I greatly miss the party quests that were also competitive. my all time favorite was Monster Carnival. What I would like is a late game style monster carnival that is balanced, and provides a variety of rewards that can help newbies be able to pass past the p2w wall that exists when getting to late game. things like enhance scrolls, MC cubes, and other rewards for participation and contribution. There are plenty of ways to balance this, create brackets, and add competitiveness like the old monster carnival. anyone else hyped for that concept?
Asters

Comments

• fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited March 2019
    Nexon would rather make a new class, blockbuster or stuff in a daily event than make a new pq. I think it's pretty clear at this point, for whatever (dumb) reason, they don't want to make party quests anymore. It's been literal years. Even GMS, since they took out CWKPQ for n o r e a s o n.
    Beef
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Nexon would rather make a new class, blockbuster or stuff in a daily event than make a new pq. I think it's pretty clear at this point, for whatever (dumb) reason, they don't want to make party quests anymore. It's been literal years. Even GMS, since they took out CWKPQ for n o r e a s o n.

Players adapted to the new style of play and didn't throw enough of a fit.
    The only way Nexon is going to acknowledge something like the party play issue is if enough players voice their concerns.
    Since it's a core gameplay issue, they're most likely only going to listen to a majority of korean players.
    AstersSlicedTime
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited March 2019
    I have played since the old days (i still have the two different years of pumpkin baskets from the original events lol) and I greatly miss the party quests that were also competitive. my all time favorite was Monster Carnival. What I would like is a late game style monster carnival that is balanced, and provides a variety of rewards that can help newbies be able to pass past the p2w wall that exists when getting to late game. things like enhance scrolls, MC cubes, and other rewards for participation and contribution. There are plenty of ways to balance this, create brackets, and add competitiveness like the old monster carnival. anyone else hyped for that concept?

YES! we need all pqs to be revamped for better exp-& worthy rewards.

i believe players are willing to do pqs and competitive contents like yut-omok mini-games in events because they see a benefit

in fact yes totally miss these old party quests, & i used to to do all including the newer ones like ((kenta-& Escapepq that has jumping )).
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited March 2019
    Players adapted to the new style of play and didn't throw enough of a fit.
    The only way Nexon is going to acknowledge something like the party play issue is if enough players voice their concerns.
    Since it's a core gameplay issue, they're most likely only going to listen to a majority of korean players.

If this is Nexon's way of thinking, it is completely disingenuous. Party quests were good like what, 5 years ago, and I'm not sure how much of the people that still played then still play now. How would new people even know how great pqs were to support the people who do want it back?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    If this is Nexon's way of thinking, it is completely disingenuous. Party quests were good like what, 5 years ago, and I'm not sure how much of the people that still played then still play now. How would new people even know how great pqs were to support the people who do want it back?

This is how most companies think. Look at what happens to popular game series after they have a widely successful game.
    They usually focus on the extremes of complaints. Players said that "solo play feels bad" for MapleStory, Nexon fixed it.
    We need a large crowd to change Nexon's mind on this issue.
    Perhaps an Official thread similar to the one we got for the rankings could show Nexon that this matters to us.
    If nothing else it might place a thought in the back of Nexon Korea's mind to get around to it eventually.