[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please enable full AP Resets to affect HP!

31337waddler31337waddler
Reactions: 700
There are countless threads in various Maplestory forums on this topic spanning years now yet I have never heard a direct response from Nexon on why they don't resolve this issue. With HP Washing having been removed for YEARS now (specifically with a KMS and GMS patch that removed HP Washed Xenon's that were getting 100% uptime on their skills because of this exploit), there's no reason for players to not be able to reset points that they've put into HP to increase survivability on Kanna mules using the normal AP Reset Scrolls that they can get from Matilda. We know this is 100% possible to do from a technical perspective as the are HP AP Reset scrolls that you can get from the Cash Shop... at the rate of 500 NX per SINGLE AP. That's literally $2.50 per each level of your character (assuming you dumped everything into HP of course), which is insanely expensive considering that most characters are lvl200+ and AP scrolls are even purchasable from Matilda for Mesos.

This persistent issue has no reason to persist and is only serving to story-lock HP Kishin Mules as they're unable to get back story mode Lucid much less story mode Will...

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
  • 31337waddler31337waddler
    edited April 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »

Oh it definitely is true: I even pointed it out in my post. The issue though is that it costs 500NX to reset A SINGLE POINT that you've put into HP. As you can image, a LVL200+ HP kanna mule (or in my case, lvl214) who dumped everything into HP won't find this as a viable method. To give you an idea, 5 * 214 = 1070 AP Points * 500NX = $535 worth of NX O_O
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    The problem is that the game does not know whether you put your AP into HP or MP, and therefore does not know which one to automatically take all AP out of.
    When you use an single AP reset scroll, you are asked which stat to take the point out of, for each point.
    Perhaps a more realistic request would be to make the single-AP scrolls available for meso.
    31337waddlerSlicedTimeYinYangX
  • 31337waddler31337waddler
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    The problem is that the game does not know whether you put your AP into HP or MP, and therefore does not know which one to automatically take all AP out of.
    When you use an single AP reset scroll, you are asked which stat to take the point out of, for each point.
    Perhaps a more realistic request would be to make the single-AP scrolls available for meso.

That's a perfectly fine suggestion. The thing is: I actually think it's possible for them to calculate it however.

From what I understand, before the HP Washing change, your HP/MP Growth per level was actually tied to your stat points (hence why people used to put into INT, level up to get extra points in MP since your MP per level gain was attached to your INT stat, then take points out of MP and put it into HP). Then, they fixed this issue during a Xenon nerf and turned the calculation to be strictly based off of your character's level and class: this means that there is an expected progression to your character's base HP and MP at each level.

IIRC, that's what they did when they nerfed all of the HP Washed Xenons in KMS: they simply calculated what your normal base HP and MP would be if you had not put points into HP/MP and hard set your HP/MP to that level. They then would do a simple calculation to see how many AP points you would have per level (around 500 at lvl100 let's say) and gave that to you instead.

Either way, your suggestion of the Individual Reset scrolls being purchasable with Mesos is an excellent idea.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

Ah, mb, just read the first part.