[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Desperate for female Mihile

Comments

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited April 2019
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    I remember when aran was a male then female then male then female lol.

Anyway, OP there are female outfits that you can wear as a male. Just in the tooltip just make sure that it shows a range gain of 0 versus a "--", this even applies to things which are labelled as (F).

Jean/soprano used to be in the April fool rotation so there's hope for decent hairs.

I can see you're all about your char customizations but I feel you can just put a request in and hope something happens later. There's quite a bit of options to make your char look the opposite gender to the point where I feel the only limitation is marriage. Maple heroes, jms and new chars are the only ones with voices so I kinda agree with no gameplay changes. Besides even though there's so many dialogues where Lucid is deemed a guy, people still consider him a girl. If you want to think Mihile as a girl, no one's going to stop you.

The problem is that I have designed a character with a theme and she'd fit best into a Mihile because of the essence and skills of the class. :c I also really want to wear the dress I've picked out because of the colour; I've been through ALL the outfits already and similar ones are still gender locked. The hair will be easier to obtain because of April Fools', but there is a limit to how many suggestions people can ask to be put into that rotation - and not everyone will like the hairstyle I want to use. I would share the look but not before I actually finish it in-game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    Dawn warrior is close to mihile and, in my opinion, a better playstyle all around.
  • KlaraKlara
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Dawn warrior is close to mihile and, in my opinion, a better playstyle all around.

The problem is that I already have a very fitting design for my dawn warrior (who is male). ;_;
    Mihile is perfect because it's pure yellow light / warm sunlight.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    @Klara
    Nexon should communicate better, sure. You shouldn't stop asking for things.
    But you have to realize that most people don't have this problem.
    It doesn't make the issue any less real for those people affected by it, but it does decide how much Nexon cares.
    Ultimately it's an extremely small issue to put on the pile of other extremely small issues.
    Nexon may or may not get around to it.

Aggraphine is basically saying what I'm saying.
    He's not telling you to stop asking for stuff. He's simply being realistic about this change not happening.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    The thing about this mihile being genderlocked is that it's just an inconvinience to your proposed theme. You want it changed just for you, so you won't have to work around it.

Why not just change the theme you had in mind for mihile?.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    The thing about this mihile being genderlocked is that it's just an inconvinience to your proposed theme. You want it changed just for you, so you won't have to work around it.

Why not just change the theme you had in mind for mihile?.

TtUdSle.jpg
    DarkPassengerSlicedTimePetalmagic
  • KlaraKlara
    edited April 2019
    It's not just an inconvenience for me. :^) I made this thread to give one of many reasons why the gender lock is causing problems (in my case: classes). If all equips were gender-neutral then that would solve a lot of complaints people are posting about the fashion side of the game.

Many others have their own reason for wanting a female Mihile.
    Some people only make characters to match their gender.
    Others only play as the opposite or a mix.
    Someone might want female-only warriors, male-only thieves, etc.
    A random might prefer to make all holy/light based classes female...
    Then there's a large amount of the playerbase who make females just because they have better cosmetic options.
    I also know several people who would prefer a male Angelic Buster because they want a magical boy on their character squad.
    etc.

P.S. I'm working with Nexon's light theme for Mihile who is the knight of light. I know there's people who completely flip themes around but you can't predict the way people design their characters.
    JettLuvsU
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Preferences are fine and understandable, but if you can't modify things to work with what you're given, then that's more on the individual than the game or its developers imo

And again, there are exactly two classes, one male and one female, that are gender-locked. Out of 45. Two out of forty-five. 4% of all maplestory classes are gender-locked. I'm sorry, I understand where you're coming from, but to me these numbers don't add up to a problem.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Preferences are fine and understandable, but if you can't modify things to work with what you're given, then that's more on the individual than the game or its developers imo

And again, there are exactly two classes, one male and one female, that are gender-locked. Out of 45. Two out of forty-five. 4% of all maplestory classes are gender-locked. I'm sorry, I understand where you're coming from, but to me these numbers don't add up to a problem.

I agree
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Meanwhile, you guys talking about how unimportant this change is, are constantly bumping the thread and adding to it (3 pages already!), making the topic look like it has a lot of interest from the community.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Meanwhile, you guys talking about how unimportant this change is, are constantly bumping the thread and adding to it (3 pages already!), making the topic look like it has a lot of interest from the community.

The interest is in small issues. Not this particular one. Another subject is people should play the game regardless of small issues.
    Context is important. If you actually read the thread you understand that.
    It only seems important if you just glance at the thread title and see how many pages it has.
    I would hope Nexon actually takes the time to read the entire thread and not just look at the OP + Page Count.

Hijacking a thread to talk about closely related issues is pretty common on the forums. You should know this as well as any of us in the thread.
    This is why we need an official thread for these issues. Community started ones are not good enough and send mixed messages to Nexon.

Edit: Also I believe there's a good amount of interest in making Mihile feel good to play.
    Mihile needs attention, so you could say that yes. We do care about this topic.
    SlicedTime