[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can we see Ticket2MSFest details, please?

ABCZZTABCZZT
Reactions: 1,495
edited April 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
When I looked at the winning entries of the Tickest2MSFest contest, I noticed that they were all videos. They're not all the same type of media according to the rules - 2 songs, a music video, and a vlog - but I still can't help feeling cheated. I spent at least 10 hours and more than a week working on my drawing. Did I not win just because my entry was not animated?

If the winners were chosen randomly, it wouldn't feel so bad. However, the rules stated each entry was judged based on creativity and uniqueness. How did we all do? If that guy with the vlog had chosen instead to submit a nice picture along with text of the exact same things people said with their voices, would he still have won?

Even if you refuse to show us the scores, can you at least show us who was considered? You announced that some submissions were not displaying on Twitter and asked participants to post links in the forum. I was able to see my submission, so I didn't post a link. But was Nexon actually able to see it?

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2019
    Or they can open another contest, or add more winners to the same contest if the venue can still hold.
  • ABCZZTABCZZT
    Reactions: 1,495
    edited April 2019
    I'm not asking them to overturn any decisions. I just want to know precisely why I didn't win. Either they didn't see my entry, or the others were better. I'm also curious how much better they were. Did I even come close?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited April 2019
    ABCZZT wrote: »
    I'm not asking them to overturn any decisions. I just want to know precisely why I didn't win. Either they didn't see my entry, or the others were better. I'm also curious how much better they were. Did I even come close?

It would be better if they allow more winners out of the contest as well extend the contest.

The venue seats 1500 people, and it is a shock to hear that 500 tickets were sold for the event.
    https://exchangela.com/venue/
    unknown.png

Assuming they operate under the same format as last year with everyone gathering in the auditorium and people leaving to do activities every now and then before returning for news, you can stretch some more people into the venue. Last time, the auditorium had some people people who preferred to catch their breaths and some events such as Maplestory M's demo and the Zakum Challenge were held near the stage. Assuming the rest of the house not counting the auditorium can hold 500 people, it doesn't hurt to have a people who stay behind in the auditorium to socialize or want to play some activities in the room. The auditorium holds 1150 people max, and only inviting 500ish people isn't utilizing the space just because the rest of rooms adds up to 500 and I am sure some people wouldn't mind being in the auditorium. There should be enough time in the event for a everyone to explore the venue even if some parts of it are crowded during the first part of the day.

In terms of who gets to join this hypothetical wave 2, the people who entered the previous Twitter contest should be considered before opening a limited supply of tickets if the auditorium can still hold. I know this decision cannot be made directly by the CMs, but they could forward it to the organizers to see if they can squeeze more people into the venue.