[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Blood Oath Weapon 'special particles' still broken

KittenCoalitionKittenCoalition
Reactions: 1,720
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2019 in Bug Reporting
Unsure if the problem belies with just me or if it's still an issue for everyone else who falls into the criteria.

But this has been an issue since the Black Mage update back in December 2018. And it is still an issue.

If this is relevant to the subject at all, the reason for me bringing this up once more was because of a line I saw on the most recent patch note release (Located here at maplestory.nexon.net/news/43521/updated-april-24-v-204-line-friends-x-maplestory-patch-notes ).

092448d94d.png
"Fixing a missing particle FX issue when using the Cobalt Filigree equipment with a Hayato character."

I know that the Cobalt Filigree Set weapon is a different item, but it borrows assets from the Blood Oath Weapon Skin. Yes, I am aware that the particles are a recolor. With this, I had automatically assumed that had meant that the BOWS effect issue was going to be resolved alongside this one. It wasn't. It is still failing to function in-game.

Therefore, the topic is being necro'd for visibility's sake.

Again.

I am sorry if this has become an annoyance.

Bug Type : Cash Item, Visual

Bug Summary : The Blood Oath Weapon Skin's special 'red mist' trail effects still fail to appear when the NX weapon cover is being worn by a character that uses a base weapon that cannot be found within the game files of the Korean client (i.e Hayato's Katanas, Kanna's Fans, Beast Tamer's Wands, Etc).

Please keep in mind that this effect is a non-toggleable one, and is supposed to be active at all times. It is an effect type separate from those found on items such as Mushroom Shrine's "Wings of Hope", or the Murgoth Event's "Fox Tail" type capes.

Character Name : Åkarin

Level : 241

Class : Hayato

World : Bera

Report submitted on 04/25/2019, at 3:43 PM EDT.

Additionally, there was an old thread tailoring to this same issue.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/87534/

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2019
    Hi KittenCoalition,

Just letting you know the issue where the Blood Oath Weapon Particle effect doesn't correctly appear for some classes is known and is currently being looked into.

Thanks for the report!
    GhibleeKittenCoalition