[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Boss Bugs?

ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
Reactions: 1,470
edited May 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Are bugs in Lotus and Damien ever gonna get fixed? Will I ever be able to beat Damien without getting booted out of the entire game whenever I die even once? Will I ever beat Lotus without getting killed by 1st phase laser teleporting from cross shape to X shape (and vice versa) and killing me? Other numerous bugs including
1. Damien's sword in the ground exploding sound not matching with the animation, which leads to insta death when trying to cross it even though it didn't explode
2. Daimen's claw slash hitting you despite being on the OPPOSITE side of the attack direction
3. Lotus 2nd and 3rd phase laser field activating before platform even hits the ground
4. Lotus 3rd phase purple energy ball bug that kills you even though you dodged it and is far away from explosion.

These bugs have been reported many times by players, but the only response people seem to be getting is "please submit video evidence."
Many, including myself, have submitted video evidence of these bugs. There are even several youtube videos of boss fight where these bugs are clearly shown. Everyone already knows these bugs exist for years, but it's not getting fixed at all.
I'm currently WA (stat 21k, range 6 mill, boss dmg >350%, ign def 87%, all 3 essential skill core fully enhanced to lvl60, 800 AF) and I still can't solo these bosses because of these bugs. Honestly, why am I keep playing and investing in this game when I can't even beat bosses that I am capable of defeating because severe bugs that are never getting fixed??
I really like this game. I've made plenty of friends playing this game. I don't want to quit because of bugs. So plz for love of god, fix these boss bugs that people pretty much have come to consider as norm at this point.

Comments

• L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    A lot of these are due to the fights being server sided, the rest are really just how the boss plays out.
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Will I ever be able to beat Damien without getting booted out of the entire game whenever I die even once?

Probably the only one considered a bug. But I would shutdown /r /t 0 just to be sure. I haven't dc'd midfight for a while now.
    Will I ever beat Lotus without getting killed by 1st phase laser teleporting from cross shape to X shape (and vice versa) and killing me?

Server sided calculation issue. When you play when the servers are almost completely empty or there's no botters then watch some of the smoothest lasers you've ever seen.
    1. Damien's sword in the ground exploding sound not matching with the animation, which leads to insta death when trying to cross it even though it didn't explode

Server sided issue, it is annoying when it happens but similarly to the laser when the servers aren't stressed it's pretty synced up. Also the explosion is 99%, so I always make sure to pot beforehand if I'm positioned poorly and traverse through.
    2. Daimen's claw slash hitting you despite being on the OPPOSITE side of the attack direction

It's how it is, consider his dash to be a giant hurtbox. Starts from his starting position to his end location and it persists until he flinches (essentially when he summons the demon marks on the floor). If you try to move into that area before he summons the marks you will get hit. As in, you see him finish his dash and I decide to teleport behind him because logically it would make sense, instead I would get hit because the hurtbox is still active.
    3. Lotus 2nd and 3rd phase laser field activating before platform even hits the ground

Server sided issues, even though it's kinda out of anyone's control this is borderline a buggy mess when it happens. Worst case laser summons before or after the platforms are active. If it happens, act reactively with iframes or aerial dodges.
    4. Lotus 3rd phase purple energy ball bug that kills you even though you dodged it and is far away from explosion.

Server sided issues, again it's annoying and but it is out of anyone's control if the servers are a dying mess. If you know the servers aren't holding up act reactively to this. Use your iframes, if applicable.

I've seen laggy lasers in some KMS videos, so it's not just a gms thing.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited May 2019
    L4d2jpn wrote: »

Server sided issues, again it's annoying and but it is out of anyone's control if the servers are a dying mess. If you know the servers aren't holding up act reactively to this. Use your iframes.

Implying all classes have iframes (rip Wind Archers and Night Lords)

• L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »

Server sided issues, again it's annoying and but it is out of anyone's control if the servers are a dying mess. If you know the servers aren't holding up act reactively to this. Use your iframes.

Implying all classes have iframes (rip Wind Archers and Night Lords)

F

Sorry I'm a mage player. I'll edit.
    PirateIzzy
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited May 2019

It's how it is, consider his dash to be a giant hurtbox. Starts from his starting position to his end location and it persists until he flinches (essentially when he summons the demon marks on the floor). If you try to move into that area before he summons the marks you will get hit. As in, you see him finish his dash and I decide to teleport behind him because logically it would make sense, instead I would get hit because the hurtbox is still active.

That's not what I mean. Damien preps for a claw dash and let's say he's facing left direction. I jump to far right side of the map, on the opposite side of where damien is facing when preparing for dash attack. He dashes, and it STILL HITS ME! I know that move is called dimension claw and that there's long attack remaining time, but the problem I'm talking about is that it hits even if you're not in the hit box of the attack.

Also, even if I use iframes to avoid these server issues/bugs, they're gonna keep happening throughout the entire boss fight, and iframe, most of which has long cooldown time, is not gonna help.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    That's not what I mean. Damien preps for a claw dash and let's say he's facing left direction. I jump to far right side of the map, on the opposite side of where damien is facing when preparing for dash attack. He dashes, and it STILL HITS ME! I know that move is called dimension claw and that there's long attack remaining time, but the problem I'm talking about is that it hits even if you're not in the hit box of the attack.

Also, even if I use iframes to avoid these server issues/bugs, they're gonna keep happening throughout the entire boss fight, and iframe, most of which has long cooldown time, is not gonna help.

I've had the fight spawn with 2-max mini swords at start but I've never seen that one, unless if his hitbox travels to the edge of the map where it sounds like you're always going. I do sometimes see debuffs that I place on Damien goto weird places.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019

Stand on top of him for this attack. It won't hit you then.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2019

I've had the fight spawn with 2-max mini swords at start but I've never seen that one, unless if his hitbox travels to the edge of the map where it sounds like you're always going. I do sometimes see debuffs that I place on Damien goto weird places.

Here's a kms youtuber N Damien boss solo video that shows that bug. Look at the time 10:30. The guy is clearly on the opposite side of the claw dash direction, but it still hits him anyway. If you're going to say "oh he's still in the hit box cause he's close to him" look at other instances like 10:22 where he's pretty much staying the same distance in the opposite direction and the attack doesn't hit him. It's a bug. Literally there are hundreds of youtube videos of boss raids that show all kinds of bugs.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

Here's a kms youtuber N Damien boss solo video that shows that bug. Look at the time 10:30. The guy is clearly on the opposite side of the claw dash direction, but it still hits him anyway. If you're going to say "oh he's still in the hit box cause he's close to him" look at other instances like 10:22 where he's pretty much staying the same distance in the opposite direction and the attack doesn't hit him. It's a bug. Literally there are hundreds of youtube videos of boss raids that show all kinds of bugs.

10:22 - exactly when I mentioned the hurtbox lingers until he flinches...

If you watch that part of the video he flash jumps in before the marks are summoned. Which is him flash jumping into the lingering attack.

10:30 - is as you stated, I am going to say that he's in his giant hitbox of the dash.

I'm not saying this game is perfect, I don't think anyone will. But this hurtbox was like something that I picked up on after maybe my first 2 death run attempts to understand the mechanics of Damien.