[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon Tag changed by it self

HaruchinHaruchin
Reactions: 300
edited May 2019 in General Chat
I don't know where to post this since it's my first time doing it,anyway i have two accounts and i just got a new laptop so i installed the launcher and downloaded the game,i noticed my tag changed to a random name and some numbers just like when you start new,everything was fine until i noticed my main accounts tag also changed !!!!! is it normal? https://pasteboard.co/If1QhdJ.jpg (my launcher is in spanish but you get the idea)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    Your link doesn't work. And I noticed that as well today. Seems they've decided to move on from normal usernames to a username/tag system similar to how Discord works.
  • HaruchinHaruchin
    Reactions: 300
    edited May 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Your link doesn't work. And I noticed that as well today. Seems they've decided to move on from normal usernames to a username/tag system similar to how Discord works.

owww sorry :c it's just a pic of the idtag :v that means there's no problem if i keep playing ? :3
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    There shouldn't be a problem, no. It's just an account identifier at the moment. I don't know what they plan to add to the launcher in the future, but for now it's about as consequential as the previous names.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019

Could be understanding the op wrong/remembering wrong, but think the issue is that Nexon Launcher, which has always had the tag system (pretty sure since I made a new account to store all the anniversary gear and the little notification showed up), changed the tag on their main, which they would have set the tag on a long time ago. Hence why they said "everything was fine until i noticed my main accounts tag also changed !"
    Basically, problem isn't the tag system is something new, the problem is some how/for some reason, the tag system got reset on every account.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »

Could be understanding the op wrong/remembering wrong, but think the issue is that Nexon Launcher, which has always had the tag system (pretty sure since I made a new account to store all the anniversary gear and the little notification showed up), changed the tag on their main, which they would have set the tag on a long time ago. Hence why they said "everything was fine until i noticed my main accounts tag also changed !"
    Basically, problem isn't the tag system is something new, the problem is some how/for some reason, the tag system got reset on every account.

It definitely has changed, however. Where it used to be this, it's now this. I'm not sure when exactly it changed, as I haven't so much as touched the nexon launcher from about the middle or end of February up to like three or four days ago. Worth noting as well is that it's a random pre-set name that you're given two chances to change. I'm assuming it's for whatever "rocket arena" is, since it says this:
    NexonTag can be used to identify you by your friends. it consists of a customizable NexonTag Name followed by 4-digit numbers. (Currently available only for specific games).