[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Renegade Fitness Question?

RogueBloodRogueBlood
Reactions: 1,480
edited May 2019 in General Chat
I might be blind, but I'm certain that the lowest level a character must be to become a 'Trainee' is 105. Right?

I have a Corsair, level 106, but it does not appear on the list of available characters that can be assigned.

My question:
Aside from the requirements that we already know:

- Coach and Trainee must be within the same world
- Trainee minimum level 105 and max Level 189
- Trainee Level must be lower than Coach Level
- No Pink Bean or Zero characters
- Cannot cancel or change Coach or Trainee once they have been assigned

Are there any other requirements or restrictions Nexon haven't disclosed?

EDIT:
One other thing I should also mention, the Corsair is a burning character

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited May 2019
    I heard that Burning characters cannot be coached...but I can't personally test due to not having a burner this time around.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I heard that Burning characters cannot be coached...but I can't personally test due to not having a burner this time around.

Burning characters cannot be coached, I can speak from my own experience. I don't know if they can be coached after level 150 when the burning effect ends, however.
    Also, trainee characters cannot receive EXP from Restaurant Red food dishes until after they've claimed their fitness EXP. I'm unsure of what this means specifically, I didn't risk wasting any of the dishes on my trainee character and just moved it to a different character instead.

But that's the only restriction I know of.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2019
    probably has to do with how the exp is gained on the character being trained, as you have to log in to recieve the exp, but that isn't a very good reason? I did hear from others that they cant train their burning character like that
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    edited May 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Burning characters cannot be coached, I can speak from my own experience. I don't know if they can be coached after level 150 when the burning effect ends, however.
    Also, trainee characters cannot receive EXP from Restaurant Red food dishes until after they've claimed their fitness EXP. I'm unsure of what this means specifically, I didn't risk wasting any of the dishes on my trainee character and just moved it to a different character instead.

But that's the only restriction I know of.

Right, well, that minor fact would've been useful to know. It wasn't detailed in the description on the event page, nor was it mentioned during the explanation from the event NPC in-game.
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    edited May 2019
    I just wanted to make a final update to this issue.

I've leveled the Corsair up to 151, checked again and it has now registered on the list of characters to become a Trainee.

So with that in mind, a character that is receiving the burning level boost will not qualify to become a Trainee. But once you reach at least level 150 with that same character, then it will be able to become a Trainee.

Once again... Nexon could've mentioned this beforehand
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2019
    burning is so easy though why would you need it to be trained when it already gains +2 levels
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    edited May 2019
    I think anyone that knows me will confirm that I’m sooo slow at levelling. So coaching for this new char of mine would be additional incentive to go and grind.