[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Extreme lag after 10/27 maintenance.

Comments

• GMSDillonGMSDillon
    Reactions: 480
    edited October 2016
    We know what the problem is yet they aren't doing anything, Like seriously nexon take down the servers and quit freaking worrying about what halloween events to put out on the weekend because its not like we're going to be able to play them! GG
    KazeyomaLilyflowerdimnut43
  • The5The5
    Reactions: 810
    edited October 2016
    GMSDillon
    GMSDillon said:

We know what the problem is yet they aren't doing anything, Like seriously nexon take down the servers and quit freaking worrying about what halloween events to put out on the weekend because its not like we're going to be able to play them! GG
    ikr, LMAO
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

Asylum
    Asylum said:

Went to Commerci and the lag is still there. My main lags every other second or so while my mule has no problem. Reminds me of error 38 in a way. Maybe farm, inventory size, and the amount of link skills, quests, etc have something to do with this? Hope something is done soon, since "literally unplayable" actually applies in this case...
    Most of my mules are fine too. I'm wondering if having other chat tabs such as guild and alliance would affect it. Cause my main has those, while my mules don't.
    Logged on an alt with no lag that's in my guild. Joined a chat channel: no lag. Went into the CS twice: no lag. Monster life as well with no lag.
    What's interesting is my character select screen has the same lag I encounter on my main.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    edited October 2016
    Asylum
    Asylum said:

KeepComingBack

Asylum
    Asylum said:

Went to Commerci and the lag is still there. My main lags every other second or so while my mule has no problem. Reminds me of error 38 in a way. Maybe farm, inventory size, and the amount of link skills, quests, etc have something to do with this? Hope something is done soon, since "literally unplayable" actually applies in this case...
    Most of my mules are fine too. I'm wondering if having other chat tabs such as guild and alliance would affect it. Cause my main has those, while my mules don't.
    Logged on an alt with no lag that's in my guild. Joined a chat channel: no lag. Went into the CS twice: no lag. Monster life as well with no lag.
    What's interesting is my character select screen has the same lag I encounter on my main.
    That's strange. My character select has no such lag.
    Anyway I managed to join a chat channel. Not a fan, hopefully I'll be able to opt out without having to deal with the lag soon.
    The mesoselling bots are gonna be all over this feature.
  • AsylumAsylum
    Reactions: 880
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

Asylum
    Asylum said:

KeepComingBack

Asylum
    Asylum said:

That's strange. My character select has no such lag.
    Anyway I managed to join a chat channel. Not a fan, hopefully I'll be able to opt out without having to deal with the lag soon.
    The mesoselling bots are gonna be all over this feature.
    Did joining a chat channel fix the lag? I'm getting an empty list atm.

The lag only persists into the character select screen when I log off the character with lag and enter the select screen afterward.
    edited October 2016
    @Asylum

Yeah joining a channel fixed it for me. idk how long it'll be fixed for. Trying to do dailies right now so I'm not really eager to test it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    I don't have any channels to join...RIP.
  • Gennosuke7Gennosuke7
    Reactions: 630
    edited October 2016
    lags still going on Nexon fix this problem i can not play any more to much lags
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    Gennosuke7

lags still going on Nexon fix this problem i can not play any more to much lags
    Tried doing daily event stuff...Like I thought I was gonna crash 50 different spikes :T
  • The5The5
    Reactions: 810
    edited October 2016
    Petalmagic

I don't have any channels to join...RIP.
    Wait for like half hour, it will popped out
    But seriously, Nexon just let this happen, and didnt trying to fix?
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Yea please fix it ! T.T
    Lilyflower
    edited October 2016
    It's randomly refreshing me in the General chat channel. Puts the chat focus on that channel too so I keep almost w/cing stuff.
  • TorpeTorpe
    Reactions: 420
    edited October 2016
    I found definitely a easy fix for this problem i tried 3 times and worked every time

here the steps:
    1-Log in on the character with the lag
    2-Disconnect from this character back to the world choosing page
    3-Wait till the lag goes away (the lag keep even on this screen, you can check it by moving the mouse around and notice the stuttering) (may take up to 10 min)
    4-Log in back on the same character after the mouse stoped stuttering on the menu, now you can successfully join a channel on the Chat menu
    Basuraphread66
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2016
    It's weird that such a problem that affects a lot of people is left like this, should be a priority to fix, i guess this is what they mean with a "Better Maple", right?

But seriously, makes me wonder if the NPC lag is also caused by this issue, a repeted "Failed to connect or do something and then retry every second" times all the npcs they put on the same map.

i remember back then when towns started to lag like crazy, we repeatedly told nexon the problem was the event NPCs, after weeks or months of saying it wasn't their problem but our computer's they finally moved them to the event map and town lag went away. Now we got "Event map lag", because they put all the NPCs on the same spot, an easy workaround would be moving the admin, cassandra and Gaga, each to their own map... call it Admin's office or W/E, it'll be interesting to see the lag reduced a lot, almost gone... but that probably won't happen anytime soon...
    Koffie
  • MayetalaMayetala
    Reactions: 1,520
    edited October 2016
    Well I have a little bit of an update. This lag only seems to happen to me whenever I enter the cash shop and come back out. After that, it seems to just...go away on its own. How long it takes to go away, I have no idea. I entered the cash shop before I went to sleep last night to turn in my reward points, and got the lag spikes whenever I came back out. Whenever I woke up I checked to see if the spikes were still there but they were gone.

So I guess don't enter the cash shop unless you absolutely have to. If you do, make it the last thing you do before you log off the game lol
  • DFHDFH
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2016
    Mayetala
    Mayetala said:

Well I have a little bit of an update. This lag only seems to happen to me whenever I enter the cash shop and come back out. After that, it seems to just...go away on its own. How long it takes to go away, I have no idea. I entered the cash shop before I went to sleep last night to turn in my reward points, and got the lag spikes whenever I came back out. Whenever I woke up I checked to see if the spikes were still there but they were gone.

So I guess don't enter the cash shop unless you absolutely have to. If you do, make it the last thing you do before you log off the game lol
    it seems that entering Cash Shop or Farm disconnects you from the chat channels, lag starts when it tries to connect to chat channels again and fails... eventually, it will connect and lag will be over... 'till you get disconnected from the chat channels again
  • MainemanMaineman
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    yeah this is ridiculous. I've asked people around reboot and they all were either experiencing the lag or had recently. its really annoying and this has gotta go. figures it has to happen right before a big event.... it won;t help if everyone at the event is lagging lol
  • petropetro
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2016
    I have the same problem :(
    I dont know what to do and if there is something to do. I try everything and keep trying :(
  • SuperSuper
    Reactions: 520
    edited October 2016
    I have the same problem. Plz Nexon fix this problem!!! The game is unplayable at the moment :( Extreme lag every 2 secs
  • MainemanMaineman
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    there is a temporary fix on reddit. look on the subreddit you'll find what you need