[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Orange throwing stars not rechargeable

StayGoldStayGold
Reactions: 1,670
edited May 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Use item, functionality

Brief bug summary: Orange throwing stars, which can be purchased for 100,000 mesos per set from Sentsu, the Armor Seller at Ninja Castle, cannot be recharged anywhere or sold to any vendor NPC. They cannot be recharged by visiting Shinta, the Weapon Seller in Zipangu: Showa Town (the last time I played was in mid-2017 and I was able to sell them to any vendor NPC and have them recharged by Shinta). They also do not appear in the player's Use item inventory when interacting with any vendor NPC.

More details: Paper Fighter Plane Throwing Stars, which can also be purchased for 100,000 mesos per set at Ninja Castle (but from Tatsu, the Weapon Seller) can be recharged by Shinta.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Buy a set of Orange throwing stars from Sentsu, the Armor Seller at Ninja Castle.

2. Travel to Showa Town and interact with Shinta, the Weapon Seller.

3. Select the player's Use item inventory while in the buy/sell window and attempt to locate where the Orange throwing stars are.

4. Discover that the Orange throwing stars do not appear in the buy/sell window, regardless of the type of vendor NPC you interact with, disabling the player to recharge or sell them.

Character name: TastyOranges

Character level: 10

Character job: Rogue

World name: Broa

Date and time of the incident: May 18, 2019 5:00PM

Comments

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited May 2019
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited May 2019
    Okhura wrote: »
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.

Thank you so much. It's not a major bug, but it's nice to see it got some attention :)
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited June 2019
    So I guess either a fix hasn't been found yet, or this issue has been overlooked (most likely the latter). I'm starting to think the option to recharge Orange throwing stars was intentionally implemented in a past update. I acknowledge the fact that opinions should not be included in bug reports, but I don't see how the bug fix "Fixing an issue where Retz was still part of the Ludibrium card set" takes precedence over something players can buy for 100,000 mesos each and not be able to reuse them (they could be recharged by Shinto of Showa Town a few years ago in 2016).

Retz don't even exist in the game anymore due to a previous update that revamped Ludibrium and Helios Tower. However, Orange throwing stars (or Orange) still do. Therefore, I'm re-submitting this bug report.

Bug type: Use item, functionality

Brief bug summary: Orange throwing stars, which can be purchased for 100,000 mesos per set from Sentsu, the Armor Seller at Ninja Castle, cannot be recharged anywhere or sold to any vendor NPC. They cannot be recharged by visiting Shinta, the Weapon Seller in Zipangu: Showa Town (the last time I played was in mid-2017 and I was able to sell them to any vendor NPC and have them recharged by Shinta). They also do not appear in the player's Use item inventory when interacting with any vendor NPC.

More details: Paper Fighter Plane Throwing Stars, which can also be purchased for 100,000 mesos per set at Ninja Castle (but from Tatsu, the Weapon Seller) can be recharged by Shinta.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Buy a set of Orange throwing stars from Sentsu, the Armor Seller at Ninja Castle.

2. Travel to Showa Town and interact with Shinta, the Weapon Seller.

3. Select the player's Use item inventory while in the buy/sell window and attempt to locate where the Orange throwing stars are.

4. Discover that the Orange throwing stars do not appear in the buy/sell window, regardless of the type of vendor NPC you interact with, disabling the player to recharge or sell them.

Character name: TastyOranges

Character level: 153 (previously 10 when initial bug report was submitted to this forum)

Character job: Night Lord (previously Rogue when initial bug report was submitted to this forum)

World name: Broa

Date and time of the incident: May 18, 2019 5:00PM PDT AND June 10, 2019 10:45PM PDT.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24425/orange-throwing-stars-not-rechargeable#latest
    No reason to double post when it has been acknowledged and forwarded less than a month ago.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited June 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24425/orange-throwing-stars-not-rechargeable#latest
    No reason to double post when it has been acknowledged and forwarded less than a month ago.

There's a list of bug fixes with the upcoming update on June 12 and I did not see any mention of the issue I'm reporting.

You're not Nexon staff or a VFM. Why should I listen to you? If there's no reason/no need, then my thread would have been deleted.

A big update for the game is released at once every month, and along with it, there are bug fixes. I don't see how it would take more than a month to fix a visual/functional issue with a particular in-game item. I made another thread because I'm assuming my initial bug report was overlooked.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    StayGold wrote: »
    A big update for the game is released at once every month, and along with it, there are bug fixes. I don't see how it would take more than a month to fix a visual/functional issue with a particular in-game item. I made another thread because I'm assuming my initial bug report was overlooked.

As Okhura said, it was forwarded.
    Just because Nexon didn't consider it a priority to fix this immediately, does not mean it was "overlooked".
    HHG1
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »

There's a list of bug fixes with the upcoming update on June 12 and I did not see any mention of the issue I'm reporting.

You're not Nexon staff or a VFM. Why should I listen to you? If there's no reason/no need, then my thread would have been deleted.

Multiple threads on the same issue are normally merged to avoid spam, while it's not deleted, it's not productive either since your thread was already acknowledged and forwarded.
    I'm no VFM but if you browse the bug section for more than 2 seconds you'll see that there are many more pressing issues that have gone unsolved. Many for over a year since the report.
    Spamming bug reports about your comparatively minor issue doesn't automatically give it a higher priority over others or make it easier for Nexon to solve that specific bug. You shouldn't just make a new thread every week if your particular issue isn't listed in the maintenance posts. It's common sense.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited June 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

As Okhura said, it was forwarded.
    Just because Nexon didn't consider it a priority to fix this immediately, does not mean it was "overlooked".

Acknowledged. Thank you for the clarification, AKradian. I had assumed it had been overlooked because it didn't show up in the patch notes, that's all.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    edited June 2019