[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The new Kanna

xedozxedoz
Reactions: 455
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So after this revamp i have been doing some testing, or trying to since constant dcs.

Current obvious bugs i noticed:
-Haku buff doesnt give magic attack.
-Doing nine tailed fox have dcd me every time when i have all buffs up and trying to do 40s tests.
-Random dcs trying to farm, unsure what abilities.
-Hyper stat Mana doesnt affect Kanna

Different issues i think should be looked at:
-Vanquisher charm is completely useless, it deals less damage than shikigami haunting, it costs so much and its only use is to stack domain.
-Summons dealing very little damage (this has been reported by others as being some "old" damage formula)
-Haku buff is now on cd making it unable to be put in buff macros
-Mana Overload hp cost.¨
-After using Tengu you have two messages in chat for left and right disappearing, as if Kannas didnt have enough spam in chat already.

There is also another thing i noticed:
Spamming, or possibly with sticky keys, Alt Gr, or whatever, doing tengu strike and shikigami haunting at the same time will if you stand on top of your target so both hits deal way more damage than just doing shikigami haunting.
Since tengu strike also has a cost and shikigami haunting puts the puddles on the ground you can constantly do this (you still have to move to keep attacking) you can stack domain and the new doll this way to.
Doing it this way my 40s BA increased from 3.2t prepatch to about 4t without haku buff working or ninetail fox buff on.
Comparing Shiki haunting only vs Tengu + Shiki haunting in 10s i did 297b with Haunting and 436b with Tengu aswell using Alt Gr.

My questions for Nexon are the following:
-When are you going to fix the current bugs?
-What is the intended way of dealing damage on Kanna post revamp?
-Is what we have on GMS the final version or will we have it changed anytime soon (i think the tengu trick will work on JMS aswell and their Haunting damage and DPM is insanely much higher than current GMS)
-Is the Tengu strike thing mentioned above an oversight or is it intended?

Edit: Video Showing the Tengu thing
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/438441047
Argent

Comments

• MicaliciousMicalicious
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited June 2019
    To be honest, with all the disaster this patch has been, and now with them downright failing at kanna revamp, I'm not sure how long I will be playing}
    maplestory.

They screwed up farming. 5x mesos should be 6x and even then that's still a large nerf to meso rates and an even larger nerf to items.
    They ruined the kanna class.
    They destroyed HS on bishops.
    The game crashes, dces, channel crashing, and memory leaks. Pop a 2x? It's gone when you relog after a dc. :(
    No pottable badges for people changing mains or newcomers.
    No wandroid still.

I wanted to play pathfinder....but now...I don't know if I even care.
  • StickfingerStickfinger
    Reactions: 315
    edited June 2019
    To be honest, with all the disaster this patch has been, and now with them downright failing at kanna revamp, I'm not sure how long I will be playing}
    maplestory.

They screwed up farming. 5x mesos should be 6x and even then that's still a large nerf to meso rates and an even larger nerf to items.
    They ruined the kanna class.
    They destroyed HS on bishops.
    The game crashes, dces, channel crashing, and memory leaks. Pop a 2x? It's gone when you relog after a dc. :(
    No pottable badges for people changing mains or newcomers.
    No wandroid still.

I wanted to play pathfinder....but now...I don't know if I even care.
    --

I'd like to chime in on this.
    5x meso rates has to be an oversight, if not they straight up lied to us which i don't think is their intention.
    They could have changed the meso rate to 7 or maybe 8 times, along with an increase in drop rate for droplets to mitigate kishin nerf. It's going to take much longer for people in reboot to get their endgame arcane equipment now, if any at all.
    Kanna class isn't ruined because their mobility and mobbing has been increased by a lot, but the nerfs needs to be reverted to be same as JMS. There was no need to nerf Haunting and Ghost Yaksha Boss this badly along with the rest of the things they gutted. What's the point of a revamp if the class is actually going to be a lot weaker after it? I was looking forward to this revamp but my Kanna has lost more than 2m range because of it...
    HS on bishops...yeah they ruined it.
    Bring back pottable badges.
    Wondroid has been confirmed in one of the livestreams to be coming sometime later this year.

N0b0dy
  • DancemonDancemon
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited June 2019
    Some word from the nexon front about all These kanna issues is already Long overdue.

I already know several kanna mains who are desperatly seeking for another class to main, while some others already quit maplestory and some more will return in a couple of months to see if things have improved.

And all was quiet on the Nexon front.......