[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Probably already suggested but

JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
Reactions: 1,065
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Dear Nexon,

Stop making temporary insane boosts. If you want more people to play the game and stay in the game, 1) stop making items temporary and 2) stop making the gap between F2P and P2W so wide.

The temporary items make people feel like they are progressing backward in the game when those items expire, which leads to many quitters (referring to titles and boosts).

Most people who start this game are F2P. When they realize that most of the players are P2W, they drop out. While I'm sure P2Ws fund maplestory - which is great, no hate for P2W, they'll be funding a dead game if you keep losing players. Just look at how many worlds you expanded to and need to remerge.

You can make all the new classes/events you want, but you know they won't stay if you keep making it too hard to succeed in the game for F2Ps and temporary boosts that make players feel like they're only progressing backwards. I'm tired of seeing my friends quit.

Sincerely,
Someone who wants the best for their childhood game

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Reboot is a thing for people who don't want P2W, as well as time/effort can counter P2W at this point anyway (still a long road.)
    MMOs are basically a dead genre (In the west). MapleStory is actually pretty active compared to some of the other older ones.
    I've gotten several friends to play MS and they all quit for the same reason. Not enough time to be playing an MMO.
    Save for one friend, who quit because he was already playing two other MMOs.
  • StayGoldStayGold
    Reactions: 1,670
    edited June 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    MMOs are basically a dead genre (In the west). MapleStory is actually pretty active compared to some of the other older ones.

You've never heard of World of Warcraft or RuneScape?? Both are still VERY popular in the West (U.S. and U.K., I'm assuming), with hundreds of thousands of players logging in every week and they both predate GMS.

It'd be hard to believe if even 10k players here in "the West" log into GMS every week.

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    StayGold wrote: »
    You've never heard of World of Warcraft or RuneScape?? Both are still VERY popular in the West (U.S. and U.K., I'm assuming), with hundreds of thousands of players logging in every week and they both predate GMS.

It'd be hard to believe if even 10k players here in "the West" log into GMS every week.

Two decently sized MMOs does not an alive genre make.
    Sure MMOs aren't entirely dead, but they're no where near the popularity they once were.
    When you compare them to how they do over in Korea, they might as well be dead.

Population for MS is hard to peg as clear numbers aren't given.
    As far as not hitting 10k a week, I feel like MapleStory easily has more.
    Since we already had over 10k (characters) banned in the last week and the game isn't void of all players.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24853/ban-data-from-06-06-2019-06-12-2019#latest

I'd love some more transparency on population numbers.
    It would be nice to new comers to know the game isn't dead, just that everyone is spread out doing their own thing.