[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can You Disconnect Yourself via MapleStory Site?

BalmungNLBalmungNL
Reactions: 300
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Hey everyone!

Kind of a stupid question here, but can you forcefully disconnect your character from the game via the MapleStory site? My character is glitched at the moment, and won't "log out". I was disconnected from the game randomly during a boss fight, and now whenever I try to log in to any server, it says that my account is currently logged in and then disconnects me from the game. I was hoping there was a way to forcefully disconnect my character from the game via the MapleStory website. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks! And yes, I've already sent a support ticket, so even if there isn't an easy fix I should have some help with this problem in the next few days. :)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Sadly, you can't.
  • TehuTehuTehuTehu
    Reactions: 700
    edited June 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Sadly, you can't.

there are alot of people having this issue right now including me (happened 10 hours ago) cant nexon force the accounts out or something?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    TehuTehu wrote: »
    Sadly, you can't.

there are alot of people having this issue right now including me (happened 10 hours ago) cant nexon force the accounts out or something?

I know multiple people have contacted Customer Support, and apparently even the Support agents (GMs) can't do it. They only tell the affected people to wait for maintenance.
  • TotallyBrokenTotallyBroken
    Reactions: 720
    edited June 2019
    I don't suppose we could expect a quick server restart or unscheduled maintenance to solve this, could we? Being told to wait for scheduled weekly maintenance, i.e. several days, while we can't log in to do daily or weekly quests and bosses strikes me as unacceptable. To say nothing of the big summer event where we're expected to log in and perhaps stay logged in idling in that one map to cap coins, missing out on a good 350 coins per character per day at the moment.

I don't think I'll hold my breath expecting any compensation for lost time either.
    4thEspadáMiraKuronekonova
  • JonyMaplerJonyMapler
    Reactions: 620
    edited June 2019
    TehuTehu wrote: »
    Sadly, you can't.

I know multiple people have contacted Customer Support, and apparently even the Support agents (GMs) can't do it. They only tell the affected people to wait for maintenance.

Wait in to a maintenance... really? i have my vacations days from work and now i will lose all this for a glitch? come on
  • BalmungNLBalmungNL
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2019
    Thank you all for your replies!! It’s unfortunate that there isn’t a quicker fix... But I guess that just means I’ll need to find something else to occupy my time for the next few days. I’ll also have to really start trying to use up all my time-limited use items when i get back online, just in case this happens again!