[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buff Evan's Teleport

WolfieForeverWolfieForever
Reactions: 400
I'm so jealous at the other mage classes getting their teleports buffed, llike being able to teleport mid-air and teleporting on ropes, but Evan's is still the old style of teleport :(

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    I don't understand why they program every teleport differently.

Just "balance" them on tp distance and have unique animations if needed but keep the core design the same:

Client sided
    Can jump tp
    Can tp from rope
  • LiftedMirageLiftedMirage
    Reactions: 710
    edited June 2019
    To be fair, different mage's have their own unique movement abilities.

Evan: teleport + up jump with mir
    Explorers + Battle Mage: enhanced teleport that can be used on ropes and in the air
    Luminous: longer ranged teleport with a temporary ability to use it while in air during equilibrium phase + the random blink skill
    Blaze Wizard: flash jump + up jump
    Illium: Teleport + Flying (which is literally everything)

I do agree that Evan's mobility is the worst out of all of them though. It definitely takes a lot of skill to play Evan in Spirit Savior. You also have to move to the left/right a bit when using a portal in dream defender if you want to teleport down or else you'd get stuck on the rope, unable to teleport out of it. However, it wouldn't be really fair if Evan could do everything that Explorers could do AND have the up jump, though up jumping and then teleporting mid air to a platform would be really cool. But I guess it already isn't fair if you look at Illium's mobility?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I don't understand why they program every teleport differently.

Just "balance" them on tp distance and have unique animations if needed but keep the core design the same:

Server sided
    Can jump tp
    Can tp from rope

Yet people complained when they made the core design of all non-TP classes the same by giving them flash jump?
    I don't want everyone to have a cookie cutter version of teleport. No thanks.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

Yet people complained when they made the core design of all non-TP classes the same by giving them flash jump?
    I don't want everyone to have a cookie cutter version of teleport. No thanks.

My main gripe is that some are server sided and some are client sided. They should all be CLIENT sided.

>I accidentally said server sided in the original post I made.
    FuhreakMira