[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

all over the world people missing that:

HeziksHeziks
Reactions: 100
in General Chat
its not a secret that all over the world maple is death. we all wants the old maplestory versions. we all comments that on your social media.. why you dont give a answer about that i sure this idea bring you back the succesfull

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Not everyone wants the old versions. I personally don't, they were pretty bad.
    The only thing that made them worth playing were the players.
    The game got better, the community got worse. Don't confuse the two.

Also it's against the rules to suggest old versions of the game be hosted by Nexon, so be careful treading this water.
    darikPirateIzzy
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Not everyone wants the old versions. I personally don't, they were pretty bad.
    The only thing that made them worth playing were the players.
    The game got better, the community got worse. Don't confuse the two.

Also it's against the rules to suggest old versions of the game be hosted by Nexon, so be careful treading this water.

Let's all remember that this is because a single individual kept up a crusade for old maple for the better part of a year or two until two cm's ago decided "okay, that's enough of this".
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Let's all remember that this is because a single individual kept up a crusade for old maple for the better part of a year or two until two cm's ago decided "okay, that's enough of this".

I think this is what it really is. I think most players are nostalgic about old maple, but don't actually want to play it.
    Then you have a handful of people who are extremely vocal and they think because other players are nostalgic, that everyone wants to play the old version.
    The only thing the older versions got right imo, was that party play was clearly faster and everyone understood that.
    Now party play is only faster under the right conditions and it's such a grey area that nobody even bothers.
    WONDERGUYdarikPirateIzzy
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    1st. its not all versions that doing bad/semi-death/closed (KMS its doing fine for years if we see all the issues maple had and still mange to maintain that in a decent shape nothing its perfect tho)

2nd. not all want old maplestory and not all comment that.... in fact there are bunch old versions if you want that much go there ...

3rd. old or new wont change a thing just piss more the players that worked all this years, instead GMS needs to change server,$$business mindset$$ and maplestory engine/spagheti code thing.... (hackers and other things can be dealt after that 3 things eazy)
    darik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Classic maple, or rather essentially restarting maple from an old point never adding p2w and actually listening to the community would likely be successful. However nexon would never pull it off because they are incapable.
    WONDERGUYMira
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Classic maple, or rather essentially restarting maple from an old point never adding p2w and actually listening to the community would likely be successful. However nexon would never pull it off because they are incapable.

A complete rewrite is an expensive process. One they're not even going to consider if the game is doing fine in Korea.
    It would be nice to see an updated engine without the need for p2w elements, but it will most likely never happen.
    I'd just settle for a more stable version of the game, without broken content (Looking at you, Gollux.) and party play being alive.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

I really think the draw of old maple is severely overstated. It's not going to go the way most people want to believe it will. Old maple had nil for content. Too much conflating of a younger, more socially-outgoing player base with actual content beyond grinding forever and a single status-effect-spamming boss.

Like, okay. I'm glad for you that you can look back on your younger days and have fond thoughts of the time you spent, but don't insist that the game was some bastion of perfection because of your fond memories. There was nothing to do outside of grinding. Party quests? Outside of the rewards they were used for more grinding. And past that? A single boss, zakum, whose difficulty was only granted through the lack of player damage and the fact that it spammed status effects and 1/1 and the lack of access to percentage-healing potions.

Putting aside the fact that none of you can ever agree on what, precisely, constitutes "old maple", you're laboring under the assumption that people haven't quit playing for reasons unrelated to development directions this game has gone in. How are you going to convince someone who's convinced nexon is nothing but a gaggle of incompetent morons to come and play again because old maple server?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2019
    Legacy server threads are not allowed, thank you.
    Heziks
This discussion has been closed.