[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reward Points Cap

SweetpatchSweetpatch
Reactions: 510
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I believe that the new Reward Points Cap implemented at 30k is a bit too low. As an endgame 210+ player, I would love to purchase all the cubes so 5 red cubes (6k), 5 black cubes (11k), both superior shielding wards(12k), which basically means I can't buy anything else for the rest of the month. I would be missing out on the pendant expansion, shielding scrolls, guardian scrolls, 1-day shops, and anything else that I might wish to buy. They are supposed to be "Reward" Points after all and the 30k cap seems to be a bit punishing for people committed to grinding out the points. At least a 50k cap per month seems more fair. What do you guys think?
  1. What do you think about the Reward Points Cap?9 votes
    1. I don't really mind 30k is fine by me.
       22% (2 votes)
    2. The monthly cap should be higher than 30k.
       78% (7 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The cap is 45k.

Also, I'm curious to know where you get so many points, now that Star Planet is gone and Monster Collection got nerfed.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    The rewards shop is supposed to supplement the CS, not replace it. It would be counter productive for Nexon to allow you to buy absolutely everything you might need/want each month with reward points.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

The rewards shop is supposed to supplement the CS, not replace it. It would be counter productive for Nexon to allow you to buy absolutely everything you might need/want each month with reward points.
    The OP isn't asking to be allowed to buy everything they might want, only everything that the Rewards Shop offers.
  • SweetpatchSweetpatch
    edited October 2016
    gamechanger

Seeing as how the Reward Shop only offers specific items I don't see the problem. It doesn't really make sense for Nexon to put all these items in the Reward Shop and only allow you to purchase a very select few each month. Assuming everyone wants to buy all the cubes each month, you don't have a lot of room left to decide in terms of other reward items which you want to buy.
  • SweetpatchSweetpatch
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

The cap is 45k.

Also, I'm curious to know where you get so many points, now that Star Planet is gone and Monster Collection got nerfed.
    The Monster Collection "Exploration" tab allows you to earn many reward points daily ( 200-300) as well as getting lucky with some sudden mission rewards. Also where do you get the 45k number because when I read the reward points details it says I max of 30k.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Sweetpatch

AKradian
    AKradian said:

The cap is 45k.

The Monster Collection "Exploration" tab allows you to earn many reward points daily ( 200-300) as well as getting lucky with some sudden mission rewards. Also where do you get the 45k number because when I read the reward points details it says I max of 30k.
    It was updated at v.160, the Black Heaven patch. This was unfortunately before the website update so I can't link you to the actual update notes, but you can see the copy on Southperry.net
  • SweetpatchSweetpatch
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Sweetpatch

AKradian
    AKradian said:

The cap is 45k.

It was updated at v.160, the Black Heaven patch. This was unfortunately before the website update so I can't link you to the actual update notes, but you can see the copy on Southperry.net
    I believe they decreased it in the most recent patch notes but did not include it because they have been trying to slim down their patch notes.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Sweetpatch

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Sweetpatch

AKradian
    AKradian said:

The cap is 45k.

I believe they decreased it in the most recent patch notes but did not include it because they have been trying to slim down their patch notes.
    Did you reach the 30k "cap" and get a notice that you can't get any more?
  • SweetpatchSweetpatch
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Sweetpatch

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Sweetpatch

AKradian
    AKradian said:

The cap is 45k.

Yes
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Sweetpatch

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Yes
    You should have said so to begin with.

Log a ticket.
    Since they never informed us of a reduction to the cap, this counts as a bug.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    I capped several days ago at 44810, possibly because the RP I was trying to register in when they gave me the "you've reached the monthly limit" is over 190. It still says that everytime I go into CS.

This is the first time I hit cap so I didn't know it worked like star planet when it came to capping.

On topic though, it's already hard enough to hit 45k. Personally I can't mathematically hit cap now that MC is nerfed unless I get really lucky w/ MC, sudden missions or get stronger. I like the idea, but won't do much good given the current difficulty getting RP to begin with.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    implement something to add points into the 4 SP left over from guild skills!!! which should be free RP :O
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited October 2016
    I also reached cap of Reward Points. But I was focusing getting Reward Points to finish priming my Fairy Heart, so I got a lot of Reward points, including Star Planet at some occasions. Just saying one day I have done Star Planet on Hero, got some from dailies and later I went do Star Planet in another world of same alliance but in this world, i couldn't go higher than something like 1.1k RP cuz it said I reach the limit for the day. Then yesterday, I finally hit the monthly limit. I have got like 75k nx trying to prime Heart again, with many fails lol but still. PRetty sure you have 45k monthly limit in WHOLE account if you play in Maple World AND Star Planet combined, but if you want to include extra Reward Points from CashShop purchase, it should be 150k monthly limit.
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

On topic though, it's already hard enough to hit 45k. Personally I can't mathematically hit cap now that MC is nerfed unless I get really lucky w/ MC, sudden missions or get stronger. I like the idea, but won't do much good given the current difficulty getting RP to begin with.
    As mentionned above, you can farm Reward Point in another worlds, allowing you to easily break monthly cap. So it makes sense. You can also get multiple items from Reward Shop if you play in big World Alliance, but you will need a friend to transfer from your main world to another OR having a second computer to be more safe.

I already sent a ticket to Nexon about this issue, but I got no answer from that sadly.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Quoting from the Black Heaven update notes I linked upthread:
    Maple Rewards Cap Increase Maple Rewards earnings limits have been increased by 50% for both Daily and Monthly limits. Daily Limit IncreaseMaple Rewards from Star Planet have had their cap increased from 1,000 to 1,500. Maple Rewards from other in-game content have had their cap increased from 2,000 to 3,000. Monthly Limit Increase Maple Rewards (without NX) have had their cap increased from 30,000 to 45,000. Maple Rewards (total with NX) have had their cap increased from 150,000 to 200,000 in order to match KMS, as was requested by many players when this system was released in the Shining Star update.

• KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

I also reached cap of Reward Points. But I was focusing getting Reward Points to finish priming my Fairy Heart, so I got a lot of Reward points, including Star Planet at some occasions. Just saying one day I have done Star Planet on Hero, got some from dailies and later I went do Star Planet in another world of same alliance but in this world, i couldn't go higher than something like 1.1k RP cuz it said I reach the limit for the day. Then yesterday, I finally hit the monthly limit. I have got like 75k nx trying to prime Heart again, with many fails lol but still. PRetty sure you have 45k monthly limit in WHOLE account if you play in Maple World AND Star Planet combined, but if you want to include extra Reward Points from CashShop purchase, it should be 150k monthly limit.
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

As mentionned above, you can farm Reward Point in another worlds, allowing you to easily break monthly cap. So it makes sense. You can also get multiple items from Reward Shop if you play in big World Alliance, but you will need a friend to transfer from your main world to another OR having a second computer to be more safe.

I already sent a ticket to Nexon about this issue, but I got no answer from that sadly.
    I'm sorry I'm confused, what issue? The low RP cap?

As for the bypassing cap, it's not my thing. For one, I'm not really too keen on training another char and funding it to a bossing level. Another thing is that, I'm not into bypassing stuff. The most I do when it comes to bypassing, is cc'ing or moving to another map after I spawn an elite in order to bypass the cooldown because I wanted that pumpkin chair so bad. Even then I felt guilty.

I prefer to play this game the way it's supposed to be played. And this may be a very unpopular opinion but I think all this RP purchases is making the company lose more in revenue. With the dwindling playerbase, it's worrying. They're losing revenue not just to keep the game up but also to combat the abusers.
    JettLuvsU
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited October 2016
    KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

As for the bypassing cap, it's not my thing. For one, I'm not really too keen on training another char and funding it to a bossing level. Another thing is that, I'm not into bypassing stuff. The most I do when it comes to bypassing, is cc'ing or moving to another map after I spawn an elite in order to bypass the cooldown because I wanted that pumpkin chair so bad. Even then I felt guilty.

I prefer to play this game the way it's supposed to be played. And this may be a very unpopular opinion but I think all this RP purchases is making the company lose more in revenue. With the dwindling playerbase, it's worrying. They're losing revenue not just to keep the game up but also to combat the abusers.
    If you look just above the quote I insert, you have a cap of RP in WHOLE account of 45k from playing maple World AND Star Planet combined. By whole account, it's regardless the world you play. If you farm reward points in multiple worlds, you just reach the monthly cap faster. There is also a daily cap of 4.5k, Maple World and Star Planet combined. I forgot to precise, but in example I mentionned, the day I couldn't get higher than 1.1k from Star Planet in Kradia it's because I farmed much by doing that in Mardia and farming from daily bosses. You cannot get higher than 4.5k per day and 45k per month unless you purchase in CashShop. Sorry for lack of details. As AKradian mentionned, the cap if you include CashShop purchases is now 200k, i thought it was still 150k. The only thing we can probably abuse here is if you play in World Alliances and buy items from multiple worlds.

So, lets say you buy all cubes in Mardia and you want get more, buy them in Kradia or Yellonde, etc can be done in GRAZED too. This is a thing we can abuse. And I must assume I abused to buy Guardian Scrolls and Shield Scrolls to Prime my Fairy Heart, plus Protection Scrolls from Free Market, mostly from legit players. I know which ones are from botters don't worry. I passed 6 slots with RP shop scrolls and 5 with actual NX cash. On 11 tries, i passed 3 in September with NX and 10 tries this month, only 2 passes and i managed to pass the two last tries no fail with RP in last weekend before this patch. So yeah, I still had to get 156k NX from these two months, two time 78k, so $100 CAD each time.

I also mentionned I have made a ticket about how we can:
    - Farm reward points from multiple worlds, world alliance or not. I could farm in Reboot or Bera, etc. Anyways you have 4.5k daily and 45k monthly limits, so it's not a big thing.
    - Buying all in stock in multiple worlds of World Alliance like MYCBNK or Grazed, the two biggest alliances in GMS, is considered as abuse in my opinion. I am done priming my Heart, so I don't plan doing that for cubes or anything else. I never did that thing before priming heart. Plus, all my equips on my Hero and Shade, except Shade secondary, are untradeable.
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    How did u even reach cap without Star Planet and Monster Collection. I get 1000 RP per day just doing bosses and never reached cap.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

How did u even reach cap without Star Planet and Monster Collection. I get 1000 RP per day just doing bosses and never reached cap.
    You can also farm reward points in other worlds. Not sure if in same alliance works, but it does for star planet. If not in same world alliance, then i know a buddy who used to farm in Reboot server too.
  • SweetpatchSweetpatch
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

I only play one character. Some sudden missions give reward points and monster collection is very useful.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    edited October 2016
    thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

thrakkes
    thrakkes said:

KerBansot
    KerBansot said:

If you look just above the quote I insert, you have a cap of RP in WHOLE account of 45k from playing maple World AND Star Planet combined. By whole account, it's regardless the world you play. If you farm reward points in multiple worlds, you just reach the monthly cap faster. There is also a daily cap of 4.5k, Maple World and Star Planet combined. I forgot to precise, but in example I mentionned, the day I couldn't get higher than 1.1k from Star Planet in Kradia it's because I farmed much by doing that in Mardia and farming from daily bosses. You cannot get higher than 4.5k per day and 45k per month unless you purchase in CashShop. Sorry for lack of details. As AKradian mentionned, the cap if you include CashShop purchases is now 200k, i thought it was still 150k. The only thing we can probably abuse here is if you play in World Alliances and buy items from multiple worlds.

So, lets say you buy all cubes in Mardia and you want get more, buy them in Kradia or Yellonde, etc can be done in GRAZED too. This is a thing we can abuse. And I must assume I abused to buy Guardian Scrolls and Shield Scrolls to Prime my Fairy Heart, plus Protection Scrolls from Free Market, mostly from legit players. I know which ones are from botters don't worry. I passed 6 slots with RP shop scrolls and 5 with actual NX cash. On 11 tries, i passed 3 in September with NX and 10 tries this month, only 2 passes and i managed to pass the two last tries no fail with RP in last weekend before this patch. So yeah, I still had to get 156k NX from these two months, two time 78k, so $100 CAD each time.

I also mentionned I have made a ticket about how we can:
    - Farm reward points from multiple worlds, world alliance or not. I could farm in Reboot or Bera, etc. Anyways you have 4.5k daily and 45k monthly limits, so it's not a big thing.
    - Buying all in stock in multiple worlds of World Alliance like MYCBNK or Grazed, the two biggest alliances in GMS, is considered as abuse in my opinion. I am done priming my Heart, so I don't plan doing that for cubes or anything else. I never did that thing before priming heart. Plus, all my equips on my Hero and Shade, except Shade secondary, are untradeable.
    Ah, my apologies. I really was confused. I thought when you said "break the monthly cap", you meant actually going beyond 45k on a single account via bossing/MC/Star Planet.

I think buying in multiple worlds should be fine, regardless of world alliances. Players didn't have a choice about the server alliance. For example, if I had a char in Scania and Bera, it would be on me to choose which character I'll spend the RP on. So if I decided to buy out the cubes to use on my Scania char and buy the cubes out again on my Bera char, there's really no harm done.

Now say if Scania and Bera were merged and buying the same items on different worlds be considered abuse, it would be a bit unfair to the players who are actually using it on different chars and had no say in the decision to merge worlds to begin with. I mean,

I agree that it's a d*ck move to abuse the server alliances for personal gain, considering it abuse for everyone is a bit unfair. Though to be honest, if Nexon did consider it abuse, I would understand especially if a lot of users are abusing the server alliances that way. It would be better (and fairer) however, if they simply applied the limits to not be bypassable in allied servers.

Now to go back on topic, thinking on the scenario above about having two actual characters in two different servers, and along with the fact that you can't really buy more than half of the RP items with 45k, raising the cap to 50k sounds a lot more reasonable.