[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fix/Improve the in-game Macros

ClawStaffClawStaff
Reactions: 2,950
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know Nexon doesn't want to allow third party macros, because then everyone would be like the blaster bots/hackers, but can we at least improve the ones in game then? It's bad enough that the amount of skills that can be assigned to these macros has been reduced even further, but they have also always worked terribly.

The delay between all the skills used through the in-game macros needs to be reduced. The time before the next skill is cast is much slower than a person with even an average reaction time can press the buttons themselves. I'm not saying to go crazy with it, but can we at least make the in-game macros work at the speed an actual person can cast the skills?

Another thing I highly doubt would be changed is to make buffs get cast almost immediately with the in-game macros. It's fine for classes with only 1 maybe even 2 slots (that's still pushing it though) needed for buff macros, but it takes way too long for the buffs to all be activated. If you're in a boss for example, if you need to recast your buffs, you have to wait for the animations to all go through and in that time the boss is probably already going to launch an attack and kill you, and you still won't be done with the buffs. Sure you can cast some and run, but for some bosses that's much easier said than done. (So much for cast action has been removed).

While we're on this topic though I think people should also think about some skills that have been excluded from the list that can be bound to the in-game macro that shouldn't be.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    From playing Pathfinder...the main skill combo I use on a Macro and it is definitely faster than doing so manually :T so I'm not so sure on the delay issue you are talking about. I also do this with Paladin and it is also faster than manual input.
    This is just my experience but I am not sure there is much that needs changing with in-game macros except maybe allowing us to use freakin CD skills (Looking at you, Haku with your 5 second CD) in a macro. The game already knows you can't cast said skill if its on CD...
    FuhreakDnaman101
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    It'd be neat if (for buff macros anyway) there was one special animation per icon that you choose for your macro, and it casts all the buffs in that macro simultaneously with that one animation.
    dty8gSE.jpg
    Dnaman101
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    It'd be neat if (for buff macros anyway) there was one special animation per icon that you choose for your macro, and it casts all the buffs in that macro simultaneously with that one animation.
    dty8gSE.jpg

So long as it isn't the same length as shadow partner before an update came that significantly cut its cast delay.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Why not just make all buffs long (30 minutes) and no delay (like maple warrior).

No half measures, root out the real problem.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Why not indeed...

Hell, you could go the path of exile route too. Make all buffs toggles that reserve their cost from your mana pool. Have four buffs that, altogether, consume about 400 mp to cast? They're now permanently enabled until you disconnect or die, and that 400 mp is reserved from your maximum pool.
    Fuhreak
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    From playing Pathfinder...the main skill combo I use on a Macro and it is definitely faster than doing so manually :T so I'm not so sure on the delay issue you are talking about. I also do this with Paladin and it is also faster than manual input.

Lol man how slow do you press the keys then? XD From what I've noticed even though some skills can be used like halfway through the previous skill in the combo's animation it waits until the end of the animation to actually cast it. (the same way it waits for buffs). Maybe these particular skills just take long enough and don't allow any skill cancelling at any point that what you say is true (I mean to be fair paladin isn't exactly known for speed), but for example Thunder Breaker and Battle Mage can definitely cast the skills faster if you manually press the buttons (they don't cancel the skills almost immediately like Cadena and Blaster, but still do before the previous skill ends).

To make it worse the whole idea of those classes during 4th job is to combo those skills. If they didn't want you to macro those skills why even can you? I remember it worked this way on other classes too probably on shadower? But I just cannot recall which ones they were (no shadower wasn't the only one). I would say it's an attack speed thing, but honestly those classes have pretty slow skills in the first place.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

Lol man how slow do you press the keys then? XD

If you sit and hold it basically casts instantly after the first skill. If you've played pathfinder you'll know how important that is.
    As far as how much delay on other skills, on buffs it seems to be faster or about the same. The only problem is that if you press any button after you're going to need another skill cast.
    So maybe not the best idea in bossing.

This of course can be fixed by nexon turning everything that needs to "always be on" with no CD into a toggle (or a passive.)
    For example, as a F/P mage, the first thing I do whenever logging in is use 9 buffs. Five out of those should be passive or toggle.
    On top of that I turn on 5 (6) more toggle skills. (Technically the status block isn't required for DPS)

klkxRNw.png
    This is what the standard buff bar looks like for me.
    Something really needs to be done about this bs.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Guess I can't even use TB in this argument anymore, tried them again today and it didn't even work for them anymore. Ah well I know they're not intended to be used that way anyway.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited August 2019
    I kind of like the idea of the toggle on/off for summons/character transformations/shields or Aoe things and make passive the attack+/attack speed/stat buffs