[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What pet is better?

YakudleYakudle
Reactions: 2,085
edited July 2019 in General Chat
Does anyone know what is better in the long term buying pets? I mean now moonbeam is available and is permanent but I don't like moonbeam lol and I was thinking about the pets that have like special skills when you get 3 of them so I don't know should I buy that ugly permanent or wait
Also how many permanent pets are available? I once saw a white tiger for sale and was permanent also what special skills those trios have anyway and how many even exist?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    In the long term, permanent pets are always better. I can think of absolutely no reality in which a one-time purchase is somehow inferior to constant expenditure on upkeep.

As for liking or disliking specific pets themselves, that's a you problem.

Pets with buffs have been permanent maybe one time, several years ago, and they quickly ran that one back and have never done it again. The buff effect isn't really worth it, in my opinion. It's like 3/5/7 or 5/7/9 attack. I'm reasonably certain the three tiers of bonus(one per pet) stack, but even then having a one-and-done purchase as opposed to persistent monthly expenditure on upkeep outstrips 15 or 21 attack. There are a handful of different sets of pets that give the buff effect, the demon trio is the one that was permanent several years ago. Past that, I refer you back to the previous two sentences in this paragraph.

Here, look at it this way. I got a triple permanent pet pack about three or so years ago. It cost around 15-20k nx. Since then I have had to spend exactly 0 nx and 0 reward points on waters of life to revive them on a monthly basis.
    Yakudle
  • PsychopompSentinelPsychopompSentinel
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine has the right idea tbh. The buff pets aren't that much of a boost, so I only really ever buy them if one, I can afford it without it being a big deal, two I think they're cute, and three, I have a perm pet in any one of the characters that shares a cash inventory with that character. Honestly just get whatever pet appeals to you and don't stress it too much. My main has three dragon perm pets (two perm baby dragons and that cute storm dragon) and the robo lion that I started with from years ago that I revive once in awhile—one day I'll make it a golden robo lion, but it's been years and it still hasn't happened *sob*—so yeah, I'd suggest just getting a perm pet when one appeals to you. And, in the meantime if you need a pet, get one of the temporary ones that you like but don't go nuts on the skills and just get the basics to hold you over until a good perm pet you like pops up.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited July 2019
    Well there is not much info about pets anywhere but the usual list I just realized that moonbeam is a fox so I might actually buy welp but still not 100% sure I want to thanks for sharing your thoughts
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    If you want the pets currently up for sale, check the cash shop update posts as they go up every week or two.

If you want a list of all pets they've ever made available, I'm not sure where to direct you.
  • YakudleYakudle
    edited July 2019
    I know there is a list of the usual pets but not like a complete list of everyone like only images of some at best so I guess it's just a loose end for now