[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Medals still not being added to collection

DalethDaleth
Reactions: 1,855
edited May 2018 in Bug Reporting
So a lot of you guys and gals probably experienced this at one time or another, but it's getting to the point for me that I am having to manage my equip tab due to unclaimable medals (not literally but still.)

Medals still not in my collection:
- Guardian of the Five Elements
- Mystic Gate Master
- Mystic Gate Researcher
- Winter Bard

Due to the nature of medal collections it's really not convenient to have medals not added to the collection in the order they are received. Perhaps it might be prudent to make it so when you equip a (untradable) badge it checks if it's in your collection and adds it if you don't?

1. Does this bug bother you?7 votes
    1. No
       0% (0 votes)
    2. No, not really. I don't care much for collections.
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Yeah, but it's not the end of the world.
       14% (1 vote)
    4. Yes
       29% (2 votes)
    5. Yes, it also haunts my dreams, keeps me up at night, and prevents me from performing every day tasks
       57% (4 votes)

Comments

• DalethDaleth
    edited May 2018
    if it helps, one of the medals listed in the event tab that seems glitched (no forfeit or accept, seemingly unrelated npc icon)

ysPWvet.png
  • DalethDaleth
    edited August 2019
    I don't mean to necro bump but these are still an issue on my account so I suppose the thread is still relevant :shrugs:
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited August 2019
    You might find this thread interesting.

I don't think those of us who lost our event medals when events returned are ever going to get our medals back. It made me give up on participating in events for medals a few years ago, and honestly that's been a sort of relief. Not saying that losing interest in part of the game is the best solution, but maybe that can be an option for you too...

Though if Nexon ever does come around to fixing all the medal bugs, could you also please fix Scared of the Dark and Creature of the Night? Afaik both have been bugged pretty much since the beginning and despite the reports that pop up over the years, it never gets any response.
  • FallenBladeFallenBlade
    Reactions: 800
    edited August 2019
    You might find this thread interesting.

I don't think those of us who lost our event medals when events returned are ever going to get our medals back. It made me give up on participating in events for medals a few years ago, and honestly that's been a sort of relief. Not saying that losing interest in part of the game is the best solution, but maybe that can be an option for you too...

Though if Nexon ever does come around to fixing all the medal bugs, could you also please fix Scared of the Dark and Creature of the Night? Afaik both have been bugged pretty much since the beginning and despite the reports that pop up over the years, it never gets any response.

Basically this. Those 2 medals have been bugged since forever...

• EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited August 2019
    It's the terrible inconsistency by the developers that *usually* do not add medals to collection that have expiring stats. That was the common case until they started to do so, such as for Pink Bean Buddy, I Chose Cadena/Illium (where it has not been registered first but then it did) or my favourite case, Baddest Bug which has been claimed by Nexon, on their event patch notes, that it won't be registered, just to be registered a few weeks later.

Nexon prefers to add more content (with potential bugs, shoutouts to Julietta) without fixing the existing one. Sad reality.
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited October 2019
    The quest for patience incarnate is bugged too. I cant recieve it and I did all the ariant quests years ago.
    Its kind of funny how they keep resetting questlines then wonder why things like this get bugged so much.