[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wind Archer or Not struggle

WindAbagahWindAbagah
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
Hello guys i know this is often posted but i really would like some advice.i am wondering, i'm a WA main, currently over 2m4 flat range, but i feel a lack, i really like my WA , but i feel like i'm not a good farmer and not a good bosser, i don't mind bossing, i only do it for the daily money, but god dammit i love farming and yet i am always outfarmed by other classez, is it my range that should be better ? Or the class is simply not that good, i don't mind making a new character as i have most 140 already, and lately kanna began to be so good, i also dont have a kishin mule because i don't have two pc available, so i began to think of maybe maining kanna, but here i am wondering, because kanna have so many spells, i like simple characters, i don't mind combo as i mained aran back before big bang, but i don't like anything with a gauge like ark or luminous and many others, i am from reboot so doing all the quest is kind of a pain to see which one i like from lvl 200+ ... and for the same reason i feel like i should stick to WA,, it's a long journey to get 200+AF and the range also..

Comments

• WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Also, i like mobility, but not something that you HAVE to move in order to attack, more like flash jump than let's say ark
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    Seeing as you are an Archer, maybe try...Pathfinder? Its a relatively simple combo and has amazing farming/mobbing potential. While I noticed you said you don't like gauges...I personally don't even look at mine much XD but I'm also a lower leveled PF. Not sure what the other forumers would say, but seeing as what you already play...you might like it.
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Will give it a try.. im looking as 5th job tho, since how fast it is to get there... PF looks nice and all but its so op RN im guessing a nerf is incoming, seeing as much time it takes to get invested back into a class im taking this post to see options...
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2019
    WindAbagah wrote: »
    Will give it a try.. im looking as 5th job tho, since how fast it is to get there... PF looks nice and all but its so op RN im guessing a nerf is incoming, seeing as much time it takes to get invested back into a class im taking this post to see options...

Going off of KMS...you are safe till at least winter :T No big nerf except the 10% FD but even then PF still holds a tight spot in terms of damage.
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Videos of WA all seems to be from the past...
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    But for the wind archer part, do you have any idea if it's any good late game or i should quit spending billions to cube it because it's not going anywhere good for what i want ? Because i really love the color scheme and triffling are satisfying to watch
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    But for the wind archer part, do you have any idea if it's any good late game or i should quit spending billions to cube it because it's not going anywhere good for what i want ? Because i really love the color scheme and triffling are satisfying to watch

I know people 24x maining wa,imo is a good class, skills are very flashy, have good ability to survive and mobbing from ehat ive seen on youtube seems fine, not the best but decent.
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Yeah , still figuring out, i'll farm some mesos (3b min) while making a pathfinder 140, then ill make a decision
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2019
    WA is a great class. However, yes, one of her con is her mobbing ability. If u like mobbing a lot, then yeah go with class like PF. I was also pretty sad about her mobbing, but with vortex buff from last year, it's been pretty ok so far for me. Also, if u keep investing into WA, you will eventually reach the point where u can mob with fairy turn, which is much faster than vortex, and then her mobbing becomes pretty decent, especially when u mix her 5th jobs skills in as well. As for end game, WA is pretty good since she's a "tornado" job, where her attacks are constant key down. Not to mention she's one of a few jobs that's been constantly getting buffs lately. She's got another buff patch coming up, and maybe even more in the future as well I imagine.
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Let's forget archers for now , any great mobbing class without gauges?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Gauges don't necessarily have to be a "make or break" point, but I can see why they're a nuisance to some people.

That being said, I'd say cadena. Mobbing is fairly ridiculous, second-fastest non-burning(behind pathfinder) 1-200 I've ever done. The downside for you may be the muscle memory passive, wherein you get a significant damage% bonus for using all of the skills, and you need to keep using different skills to maintain it.

Realistically, cadena has something like 7 or 8 skills that all add a stack to the buff(you can cheese to max stacks with her bind too, but that's impractical), and after that you can basically alternate between two or three skills and maintain the buff. At max stacks the only condition the buff looks for to refresh its duration is not using the same skill twice in a row.

Look up videos on its playstyle, see if that's something you could do or would even be interested in. And don't discount pathfinder just because it has a gauge. The class has phenomenal mobbing, pretty great bossing, and the gauge is little more than a secondary mp source that's tied to maybe five or six skills all said and done. Take a swing at pathfinder, give it a chance at least up to 140(to max out all 4th job skills and get the S-rank legion piece) and see how you feel about it by then.
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Oh i have a pathfinder, just made it 140, semms fairly op, but i dobt like the 5th job skills so much from the videos i've seen
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Yeah I'll give you that one, they seem fairly lackluster, a tornado summon that lasts about 30 seconds, a map nuke with a 90-sec cooldown and a party shield that has different effects based on the symbol on the gauge.
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Is this sarcasm ? Because i believe it is
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    No I was agreeing, pathfinder's 5th job skills are definitely not my favorite ones, but the rest of the class is fairly solid.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2019
    Oh i have a pathfinder, just made it 140, semms fairly op, but i dobt like the 5th job skills so much from the videos i've seen

PF's 5th job is actually pretty good.
    Raven tempest allows u to use astra (hyper burst dmg skill) for longer duration as it charges up relic gauge as it attacks.
    Nova Blast may seem underwhelming just from the look (a simple AoE for 5th job), but it packs ridungculous amount of dmg. 75000% skill dmg + 100% final dmg + 100% ign defense. Cherry on top, u can use it as iframe move as well.
    Obsidian barrier is great party utility. It provides barrier that blocks 40% of max hp dmg so u and party members can tank stuff like lotus' laser and laser field, and papulatus' laser AoE and floor crack patterns. It also gives party members boost in crit dmg when they attack boss with relic debuff, and u can use it situationally. Discharge makes barrier to follow you around so it's good when u have to constantly move (lotus 1st phase). Transition allows u to replace the barrier every 2 sec so u can use it on bosses that keeps moving alot (damien & lucid 2nd phase). Blast also gives you barrier that also attacks so u can use it when boss is standing still (lucid 1st and 3rd phase).
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Well i never said pathfinders werent a solid class, i do believe that they are overpowered compared to others, which is kind of a reason why i don't want that, everyone is a pathfinder nowadays, but i'll give you the fact that i don't enjoy the class... i would like to since it's so good but nope, too much dark purple for me !
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Well i never said pathfinders werent a solid class, i do believe that they are overpowered compared to others, which is kind of a reason why i don't want that, everyone is a pathfinder nowadays, but i'll give you the fact that i don't enjoy the class... i would like to since it's so good but nope, too much dark purple for me !

The class is still extremely new. Give it time and it'll die out.
  • WindAbagahWindAbagah
    edited August 2019
    Maybe i'll test out mihile, sounds like a round up class that has some utility while not being a bad dps , it's just next to WA on dps chart
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited August 2019
    Maybe i'll test out mihile, sounds like a round up class that has some utility while not being a bad dps , it's just next to WA on dps chart

Be warned...if you can't do the shield skill properly you will lose a LOT of DPS...I know cuz I suck at properly proccing it.
    Fuhreak