[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

NPC Pancho Sanza in Momijigaoka using wrong coins

ABCZZTABCZZT
Reactions: 1,495
edited August 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality
Brief bug summary: The Legion Coin Shop in Momijigaoka indicates that you have 0 Legion Coins and cannot afford anything in the shop, even if you do have Legion Coins.
More details: Moving the mouse cursor over the amount of coins shows the description for the old Legion Coins that were stored in the inventory and transferable in account, before they were replaced by new Legion Coins stored per world outside the inventory, in the v.205 update on June 12, 2019. When doing the same thing at a working Legion Coin Shop, no item description is shown. The NPC in Momijigaoka is named Pancho Sanza instead of Squire Pancho Sanza. Whether his name or his location caused his shop to be overlooked in the June 12 update, I cannot determine.
Steps to reproduce: Compare the Legion Coin Shops in Momijigaoka and Haven.
fJTKBTk.jpg
vWehc4c.jpg
Character name: CursedApple
Character level: 228
Character job: Beginner
World name: Broa
Date and time of incident: August 4, 2019, around 9:30 p.m. EST

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    This is actually the most hilarious oversight that I've ever seen. And I've been hanging around here since 2014.

There's literally two different npcs for the legion shop, which don't share coin stocks. That's fantastic.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    I'm curious. Are the item stocks shared? For instance if you buy out the flames in Haven, will the Momijigaoka NPC have that registered?
  • ABCZZTABCZZT
    Reactions: 1,495
    edited August 2019
    I tested that just now by buying a potential stamp.
    The item stocks are not shared.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Two completely separate npcs with two completely separate stocks. Great job, nexon.

@bumbertyr how'd y'all miss this one?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2019
    I can provide some insight into this.

For whatever reason, KMS created a new NPC for the updated coin shop (named Squire Pancho Sanza), whereas the old NPC is just named Pancho Sanza. They replaced all the Pancho Sanza NPCs with Squires, but since Momijigaoka is non-KMS, it seems that GMS missed the memo on that one. Why KMS couldn't just reuse the existing NPC ID instead, I don't know, but they love to bloat the game.
    HHG1