[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bugged (low) Flame drop rates

SoloPartySoloParty
Reactions: 820
edited July 2019 in Bug Reporting
Something I've noticed after the Kanna revamp patch maplestory.nexon.net/news/49946/v-205-pathfinder-patch-notes

I'm unsure about normal servers but in Reboot I can say with certainty that flame drops from bosses are much lower. Kinda reminds me of flame drop rate when it was first introduced. (Even when disregarding eternal flames as they are rare even before and super rare now) powerful flames were quite a common drop but now they are really rare.
An outlier that I've found to this low flame drop rate is Madman Ranmaru which still drops Powerful and Eternal flames at a good rate.
I went back to try and check all patch notes but i realized when they fixed the flame drop rate to what it was normally it was never documented the closest thing I can find is in Nox(Sam)'s progression video where he says flame drops are now normal at the time of the video https://youtu.be/dYgoXRHI-cQ?t=418 .
In the maple memo they sound as though the issue is fixed and that no more work needs to be done for it but that is not the case. The memo mentions "Cubic Blade, Cubic Chaos Blade, Unrelenting Flame, and Forever Unrelenting Flame drops" Powerful and Eternal Rebirth Flames not dropping at the normal rate in Reboot isn't not mentioned, perhaps they did not even know that Reboot has been affected in this way. (this is like chopping 9.5mil off most bosses and cutting off the main way players obtained Eternal Rebirth Flames). The rate at which elite monsters drop flames are also much lower and this should be particularly noticeable as the game is very grindy and in the case of Reboot involves long hours of meso farming and hence killing lots of elite monsters.
It does seem however that some weaker bosses( normal root abyss etc) are dropping flames if this is the proposed countermeasure the rates are hardly enough to balance out. Should also note that hhilla and CPB are now weekly bosses and hence the overall chance of getting flames are even lower)

I don't know how to prove this and can only hope that other players are able to notice this big change in flame drop rate. If such changes are to be made intentionally there should be some transparency about it. I really hope its just and accident/ oversight on their part that once made aware a fix will be on the way.
  1. Are Flames dropping at a much lower rate compared to before the patch?6 votes
    1. Yes
       83% (5 votes)
    2. Yes, but only slightly lower
       17% (1 vote)
    3. No, Same as before
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• SoloPartySoloParty
    edited August 2019
    Flames saved in a week before pathfinder patch(SS of one of my flaming vids)
    unknown.png

Flames saved in a week after pathfinder patch (SS straight from game)
    unknown.png
  • SoloPartySoloParty
    edited August 2019
    Just want to add Rainbow flames cannot be purchased from NPC via mesos in reboot and only reliable way is via bossing and event shops where the limit is usually around 5.

Other ways include monster collection boxes but personally have never gotten any flames despite claiming 4, 24hr exploration boxes every day. Eboss chest also drop them but rates are very low.
    unknown.png

Powerful/Red flames also dropped less but there are other ways to get them aside from bossing(buying from NPC with mesos ,legion shop etc) so it not as concerning