[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.234 Destiny: Homecoming Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Add a subscription based frenzy totem.

PeepPeep
Reactions: 3,950
Posts: 355
Member
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As the title says, please add a sub fee based frenzy totem and improve the fury totem to frenzy values.

It's crazy to me how you refuse to address the issue and balance the playing field with this ridiculous p2w item which forces 2pc meta nobody wants.
Either add a sub fee totem that works the same way as frenzy or improve spawn rates globally and change the effects of kishin and frenzy so they no longer provide a spawn rate advantage.

Thank you.
Kittiesdarik

Comments

  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    Posts: 519
    Member
    edited August 2019
    put it in the mvp random rewards for bronze silver gold and diamond
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Why in the world would you want it to be random? A totem in the cs for a set price available for NX and Maple points for 30 days would be fine.
    darikKuronekonova
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    In addition to being available for a timed duration in the cash shop, it should also be added to mvp diamond as a month-long reward.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Don't people usually complain about pay to win being too prominent in this game?
  • KittiesKitties
    Reactions: 1,245
    Posts: 26
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Yes, this is a great idea. I would like 4 hour or 24 hour duration similar to EXP coupons.
    darik
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Don't people usually complain about pay to win being too prominent in this game?

    Yes, but having to fork out 1-10k USD in marvel or books is worse. You actually can't even get it anymore as it has been removed without explanation.

    With it being available for Maple points as well as NX allows even free players access to purchasing.

    I know Nexon wont actually address the issue which is spawn rate across all maps so I decided on the next best thing that will make them a lot of money.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Peep wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Don't people usually complain about pay to win being too prominent in this game?

    Yes, but having to fork out 1-10k USD in marvel or books is worse. You actually can't even get it anymore as it has been removed without explanation.

    With it being available for Maple points as well as NX allows even free players access to purchasing.

    I know Nexon wont actually address the issue which is spawn rate across all maps so I decided on the next best thing that will make them a lot of money.

    Isn't it better with all players being on equal grounds in this regard then?
    Why would you see a balance in fury totem availability and decide "Nah. That needs to be pay to win."
    Please don't try to tell Nexon "We accept and actually want more pay to win elements."
    darik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Letting a small handful of players have frenzy, and those players charging whatever they want to sell you frenzy service is not equal footing.

    Giving everyone, or no one access to frenzy would be.

    It should be available to more than 0.1% of players.
    darikShadEight
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Letting a small handful of players have frenzy, and those players charging whatever they want to sell you frenzy service is not equal footing.

    Giving everyone, or no one access to frenzy would be.

    It should be available to more than 0.1% of players.

    The answer to that should be obvious. It's long overdue that pay to win elements be stripped from the game.
    Edit: I'd much rather see systems like the bonus items in the monthly fairy bros for a "subscription based" thing.
    There's plenty of incentive to buy into it, and it's not an instant win button either.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,865
    Posts: 6,270
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Nexon has weakened Kishin Shoukan, insists on pitifully low availability for Fury Totems, and blocked new Frenzy Totems from entering the game.
    I think it's fairly obvious by now that they want to minimize the amount of spawn enhancement available to us.
    As such, I don't see them adding anything else, paid or not, that would increase the availability of spawn enhancements.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon has weakened Kishin Shoukan, insists on pitifully low availability for Fury Totems, and blocked new Frenzy Totems from entering the game.
    I think it's fairly obvious by now that they want to minimize the amount of spawn enhancement available to us.
    As such, I don't see them adding anything else, paid or not, that would increase the availability of spawn enhancements.

    Regardless of the spawn increase or not, I'd like to see them change the MVP system to a subscription model.
    Give people the option to subscribe to different tiers of MVP that work similar to how the system is now.
    Micro-transactions are possibly on the way out with new laws being proposed to combat this very type of game.
    It's only a matter of time until South Korea develops a similar law for themselves.
    If Nexon wants MapleStory to stay afloat it might be time to change game plans to an optional subscription anyway.
    It also gives reboot players an actual reason to spend money on the game monthly if they aren't rich.

    Back on the topic of the 0.1% having Frenzy Totems, as people were saying about Kishin removal/nerfs.
    If Kishin is on the way out, Frenzy totem should be too. Kishin already got a nerf. Is it time for the same for Frenzy?
    Not even saying this as a suggestion, but more of this is probably what Nexon is trying to do.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon has weakened Kishin Shoukan, insists on pitifully low availability for Fury Totems, and blocked new Frenzy Totems from entering the game.
    I think it's fairly obvious by now that they want to minimize the amount of spawn enhancement available to us.
    As such, I don't see them adding anything else, paid or not, that would increase the availability of spawn enhancements.

    Regardless of the spawn increase or not, I'd like to see them change the MVP system to a subscription model.
    Give people the option to subscribe to different tiers of MVP that work similar to how the system is now.
    Micro-transactions are possibly on the way out with new laws being proposed to combat this very type of game.
    It's only a matter of time until South Korea develops a similar law for themselves.
    If Nexon wants MapleStory to stay afloat it might be time to change game plans to an optional subscription anyway.
    It also gives reboot players an actual reason to spend money on the game monthly if they aren't rich.

    Back on the topic of the 0.1% having Frenzy Totems, as people were saying about Kishin removal/nerfs.
    If Kishin is on the way out, Frenzy totem should be too. Kishin already got a nerf. Is it time for the same for Frenzy?
    Not even saying this as a suggestion, but more of this is probably what Nexon is trying to do.

    Or they bow to pressure from the rest of the world, seems the more likely scenario seeing as a LOT of games that are prevalent in the Asian markets are gacha-based.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Posts: 748
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    If Kishin is on the way out, Frenzy totem should be too. Kishin already got a nerf. Is it time for the same for Frenzy?
    Not even saying this as a suggestion, but more of this is probably what Nexon is trying to do.

    This is mostly a guess based on their actions lately:

    They might be "removing" frenzy as we speak by never selling it again. They seem to have decided that compensation is too complicated and are choosing to just leave legacy items in the game. This is worse than continuing to sell it as now anyone who didn't get it before is at a huge disadvantage (although frenzy is technically tradable). It certainly appears to be what they've done to badges.


    Furthermore this is the suggestion and feedback section. Removing frenzy and kishin is the WRONG direction nexon. Go try actually playing your game and see how fun it is to one shot the entire map and wait 5 seconds between spawns. You've build the game around constant action and yet you give us nothing to fight against. Honestly baffling.
    FuhreakShadEight
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 1,283
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »

    They might be "removing" frenzy as we speak by never selling it again. They seem to have decided that compensation is too complicated and are choosing to just leave legacy items in the game. This is worse than continuing to sell it as now anyone who didn't get it before is at a huge disadvantage (although frenzy is technically tradable). It certainly appears to be what they've done to badges.


    Furthermore this is the suggestion and feedback section. Removing frenzy and kishin is the WRONG direction nexon. Go try actually playing your game and see how fun it is to one shot the entire map and wait 5 seconds between spawns. You've build the game around constant action and yet you give us nothing to fight against. Honestly baffling.

    The first half I can't agree with more. Nexon seems like they want to ignore things and pretend they don't exist.
    Nexon, if you're going to remove things, remove them entirely, not this weird half-ass BS.

    For the second half, It does make you wonder why they keep making the game easier, (EXP Curve reductions)
    and not just overhauling the respawn system to be less intense on the server and also faster.
    It seems to be what most users agree on.

    Remove Kishin, remove Fury/Frenzy and just increase spawn rate for all versions of the game.
    The game design does seem to suit that "Warriors" style of gameplay.
    Unless Nexon wants to revert back to a party play focus, this is the hole they're digging and they might as well commit to it.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    Posts: 355
    Member
    edited August 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon has weakened Kishin Shoukan, insists on pitifully low availability for Fury Totems, and blocked new Frenzy Totems from entering the game.
    I think it's fairly obvious by now that they want to minimize the amount of spawn enhancement available to us.
    As such, I don't see them adding anything else, paid or not, that would increase the availability of spawn enhancements.

    It is obvious but that doesn't mean they shouldn't take responsibility and address the problem they themselves created. They got greedy just like they did back when they released cubes and now there is a plethora of problems that have arisen because of their greed.

    They need to address it head on. Removing frenzy is actually worse than not having it available. Anyone who didn't get one is at a massive disadvantage. The fact that the kishin and frenzy spawn rate values don't match is anouther massive advantage to frenzy users. This issue is long overdue to be addressed.

    There's a handful of ways they can do this.
    -Have a sub fee totem like I said. (MVP can be revamped into a sub fee package that adds this including the discounts/stuff it already adds)
    -Change frenzy/kishin completely so it no longer increases spawn rate (Could cause riots if they cannot come up with something as good. Will also need to globally increase spawn rates to make up for the loss)
    -Change frenzy/kishin and make all monsters have far higher hp and award more exp. This would allow them to have lower spawn and spawn rates globally. (They could also keep the low hp monster maps and have alternative training areas with monsters that have ridiculously high hp but award a larger chunk of exp when killed).

    I'm sure there's many more I haven't thought of as of yet but they really need to do something. I've never seen a MMO have this level of advantage to people who are simply lucky and pay. One look at marvel/phillo books will showcase some of the most absurd items that provide massive advantages that are not available in game to any free player. Most we can let slide and ignore since this game doesn't have pvp but when it comes to training, things like the Firestarter ring, Frenzy totem should not exist. At least with my suggestion the totem benefit will be available to everyone and not just 0.1% of the population.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 997
    Member
    edited August 2019
    I want Frenzy and chaos again.