[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server Change

GeoStavGeoStav
Reactions: 600
Just got back to Maple and I see that they merged servers Broa included. All my old friends server changed to Bera though some event a while back apparently. Is there any way I can move my accounts to Bera. I really want to get back to playing with all my old friends, but it's really not worth starting all over on a new server. I've had years and years of time into that account.

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019
    Unless they make a world leap event no, you cant.
    GeoStav
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    I really want to get back to playing with all my old friends, but it's really not worth starting all over on a new server.
    Not to sound rude but, what's worth more to you, your account that you haven't been playing, or your friends?
    I think the answer is obvious.
    HuskyDM
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Even if they had server transfers it is highly unlikely that you'd be able to transfer into Bera. They lock off the most populated servers.
    Fuhreak
  • GeoStavGeoStav
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I really want to get back to playing with all my old friends, but it's really not worth starting all over on a new server.
    Not to sound rude but, what's worth more to you, your account that you haven't been playing, or your friends?

I don't plan on starting all over when I have a fully funded account. I won't play the game if It's not with my friends. Not sure you know how much time and money goes into a bossing account., but it's enough to make it or break it for me to getting back in the game
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    GeoStav wrote: »

I don't plan on starting all over when I have a fully funded account. I won't play the game if It's not with my friends. Not sure you know how much time and money goes into a bossing account., but it's enough to make it or break it for me to getting back in the game

For me personally it would be worth it. But I can understand not wanting to start over, more so if actual money was spent on the characters.
    HuskyDM
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    GeoStav wrote: »

Honestly my dude, you have two choices. Either you restart on their server, or you convince them to restart on your server. World transfer events are few and very far between. I think there have been two in the past five years. And as was said before in this thread, they would typically block off the more populated worlds from transfers.

The fact that there are now only four worlds, two of which fit the bill for "populated", feels like it throws a wrench in the gears. They won't allow transfers into bera, I can assure you of that right now. They might allow transfers into scania, but that's pure speculation right now. If anything, your friends might be able to move from bera back to whichever of the two servers broa got crammed into if there's ever a world transfer event again in the future.
    Fuhreak
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    After all the chaos the world leaps caused its very unlikely they'll come back anytime soon. It would be better to follow the above suggestions, or stop playing altogether if you feel you won't be happy in either situation. Given that grinding up to 120+ is easier than ever and that you would be going to one of the most populated servers right now jumping off and starting over doesn't seems like a bad idea, specially if you already have friends who can help you out.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    After all the chaos the world leaps caused its very unlikely they'll come back anytime soon. It would be better to follow the above suggestions, or stop playing altogether if you feel you won't be happy in either situation. Given that grinding up to 120+ is easier than ever and that you would be going to one of the most populated servers right now jumping off and starting over doesn't seems like a bad idea, specially if you already have friends who can help you out.

I can definitely empathize with him. Had I not, back at the end of 2015, been so established on grazed I may well have jumped ship to reboot. But I had a solid 15 months invested into that server at that time, so it was difficult for me to walk away from.

That said, from a realistic standpoint, there doesn't seem to be an "everybody goes home happy" outcome to this for him.
    HuskyDM
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2019
    Yeah no, world transfers are definitely not coming back anytime soon. Transfers would defeat the point of the merges in the first place.