[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Memo Feedback: Greetings from Anna

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2019 in General Chat
Link to memo: maplestory.nexon.net/news/52726/maple-memo-greetings-from-anna

Please use this thread to add any comments / feedback on the latest maple memo. I know as players it's easy to give up on trying to communicate with nexon but if you say nothing at all it's only easier for them to walk over us.

I'll start with my own responses:

Welcome aboard. I wish you the best as an individual but I continue to have next to zero faith in nexon to make any improvements to this game.

As there's not really a lot in this memo I'm going to jump right in to the only important paragraph:
Sometimes we need to make very difficult decisions in order to make the game more balanced or stable or to discourage malicious activities. Or sometimes we have to do it to ensure that the 14 years of contents and data would not be too outdated or abused. What I want to tell our players is that maintaining a stable and enjoyable service will be our top priority so we will do our best to stabilize the game environment and to update our game with exciting contents as well as to provide information that can help our players to understand our direction. We will also consider all the various angles when we make decisions.

I wonder if anyone at Nexon thinks it's balanced to allow 14+ years of characters to have a large advantage over every new character created after the sudden removal of all future pottable badges?

Discouragement of malicious activities is good, but you must stop yourselves from negatively impacting players who have done absolutely nothing wrong. For example, I get that you don't want players to bot all day and night and get heaps of event rewards but the new style where we only get 200 coins per day and have purchase limits is NOT REWARDING. This is supposed to be a game - so let us play. Why has it become daily tasks of 10 minutes and afking until tomorrow?

Stable and enjoyable service - removing limiting the availability of kishin because you don't want to pay for your servers is not something I will ever accept. I can't believe anyone at Nexon thought passing off kishin as a server stability concern was a good idea.

This doesn't even cover the surface of the giant iceberg of issues and/or horrible changes nexon has made over the years.

Best of luck.

PS. whoever decided to nerf drop rates should be fired.
darikHuskyDM

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Then there's the elite mob drops that were actually good for a week. Now they're horrendously nerfed despite your team claiming otherwise. I can only assume this was also to prevent "malicious activity" and harming players who have done nothing wrong in the process.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Discouragement of malicious activities is good, but you must stop yourselves from negatively impacting players who have done absolutely nothing wrong. For example, I get that you don't want players to bot all day and night and get heaps of event rewards but the new style where we only get 200 coins per day and have purchase limits is NOT REWARDING. This is supposed to be a game - so let us play. Why has it become daily tasks of 10 minutes and afking until tomorrow?

I'll take "what is reactionary knee-jerking?" for 1500.

Y'all do that too much. You need to stop.
    Fuhreak
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2019
    I really hope she keeps her word when she says "provide information that can help our players to understand our direction". I really want to understand Nexon's direction in changes even if it is an unpopular/bad one. At least we know WHY they do the things they do, being kept in the dark about it is the worst thing.
    darikTraveler5577