[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crystal Ventus Badge Droprate nerf?

1DMG1DMG
Reactions: 1,390
edited September 2019 in General Chat
Hello I am a Kaiser level 215 in Reboot

I've been doing normal Magnus for 2 weeks, and have done hard magnus once. Not once has the badge dropped. I just did normal Magnus again today with new drop gear at 120% drop rate, and 20% from Greed pendant, Big spider, and Holy symbol.

It still hasn't dropped.

Is there some different thing I need to do for Kaisers as with the hard Magnus prequests? Is anyone else experiencing difficulty in finding it?

If they nerfed the drop rate of the badge to make it seem rarer in the context of losing pottable badges, I might explode from anger.

Thanks

Comments

• VoiceInAVoidVoiceInAVoid
    Reactions: 370
    edited September 2019
    it's totally RNG. I can tell you that I got mine from easy Magnus which is odd(really didn't expect to get it there) so what I am trying to say is just be patient eventually you will get it
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    rng but on other note it does seem like the drops where nerf'd at some point as my daily zak/pb/horntail used to yeild 1+ of the pocket/face/eye/ring and now i dont seem to find them as often

its not bad thing (unless on reboot) but its a nightmare when talking about drops like recipes for say the infinite throwing knifes/giant potions for perm beginners and other interesting/rare drops from lower level monsters (with how easy it is to out level them)
  • 1DMG1DMG
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited September 2019
    I just killed nMag again

120% drop rate
    20% from greed pendant
    big spider and decent HS

still no drop

I really think it's bugged for Kaiser or something. Never had this much difficulty on any other job/char
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Its total RNG and you can get it from Easy Magnus as well. Just get any drop rate boost and hope for the best.
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    1DMG wrote: »
    I just killed nMag again

120% drop rate
    20% from greed pendant
    big spider and decent HS

still no drop

I really think it's bugged for Kaiser or something. Never had this much difficulty on any other job/char

I've gone several weeks of hmag without getting one. RNG is RNG, I got one the other day though so I know the drop still works.
    Just keep at it and you'll find it eventually.