[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

a simple solution that could fix the 2pc meta.

KuronekonovaKuronekonova
Reactions: 795
edited September 2019 in General Chat
the 2pc meta is the worst thing to exist in this game. it annoys me and alot of other players. it also makes people who dont have a frenzy totem or a 2nd pc at a big disatvantage.
i have thought of removing the effect from the skill Kishin Shoukan, kanna's 3rd job advancement skill, and making every map in this game permanently affected by pre nerfed kishin, while also keeping the frenzy totem. both free to play and pay to win players would be happy. what are your thoughts?

darik
  1. Yes or No?10 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (5 votes)
    2. No
       50% (5 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    I'm all for it, but they'll never do it. Wouldn't want to negatively impact those CCU metrics now, would we?

A much easier solution, I feel, would be to increase the availability of the fury totem. Make it actually worthwhile as the utilitarian item they paraded it around as before it was added to the reward shop instead of just a garbage frenzy totem or two-hour kanna.
    HuskyDMKuronekonovaPetalmagic
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Anything that fixes the unending grind that is endgame its good.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Any mmo is going to be an "unending grind", that's kind of the basis of the game. The problem arises with nexon(funny how that always seems to happen, huh?) constantly hamstringing things in the name of server stability. And then they go and add this fury totem piece of trash, and they parade it around as though it's the end of kishin mules, that it's some fantastic boon to all players.

Then it's actually made available and it's priced well outside of acting as any sort of benefit. It acts as a thousand-reward-point-per-hour kanna. That's not sustainable. They seem to think it's the amount of mobs in maps that causes server lag, but don't seem to be willing to address the fact that damn near everyone above a certain level has a kishin mule they run alongside their main; that if fury totems were more usable, having a lower cost or a much longer duration, then maybe you wouldn't have as many accounts connected and characters logged in and this would in turn alleviate server load on its own.

But nah, that would harm their online counts and that's simply out of the question. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited September 2019
    no & it wont won't change/happen anyway

2+pc meta its around from the begin of maplestory
    haveing 2pc or more allways had more advantage over others with 1pc
    from unique HOT time events/free pigmy egg (years ago) to "solo" pqs and right now farming (before decent HS we used 3pc meta)
    what nexon is doing is only capitalize on that (buy frenzy or keep your 2+ pc meta )
    Kuronekonova
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Any mmo is going to be an "unending grind", that's kind of the basis of the game. The problem arises with nexon(funny how that always seems to happen, huh?) constantly hamstringing things in the name of server stability. And then they go and add this fury totem piece of trash, and they parade it around as though it's the end of kishin mules, that it's some fantastic boon to all players.

Then it's actually made available and it's priced well outside of acting as any sort of benefit. It acts as a thousand-reward-point-per-hour kanna. That's not sustainable. They seem to think it's the amount of mobs in maps that causes server lag, but don't seem to be willing to address the fact that damn near everyone above a certain level has a kishin mule they run alongside their main; that if fury totems were more usable, having a lower cost or a much longer duration, then maybe you wouldn't have as many accounts connected and characters logged in and this would in turn alleviate server load on its own.

But nah, that would harm their online counts and that's simply out of the question. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah you have to grind on an mmo, of course. But when the grind is so boring you don't even want to do it or you have to find a way to go around it then there is a big problem. I haven't played many mmos to be honest, but in the other mmo I play, FF14, you don't even feel the grind even when you are doing it. Add to that the fury totem issues, Kanna issues, bots and never ending false bannings and I'm surprised how much GMS has remained sort of stable.
    Petalmagic
  • PatchPatch
    Reactions: 360
    edited September 2019
    Yes, the whole 2 pc meta is trash but if Nexon wants to continue to have this in this game. Then they should at least allow us to open multi clients. That way you won't need to have 2 pcs anymore and can just open up 2 maplestories instead. Instead they force us to buy a frenzy, another pc, or have us use illegal means for multi client purposes. This is just silly and something should be done about this.
    darikHuskyDMKuronekonova
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I'm all for it, but they'll never do it. Wouldn't want to negatively impact those CCU metrics now, would we?

A much easier solution, I feel, would be to increase the availability of the fury totem. Make it actually worthwhile as the utilitarian item they paraded it around as before it was added to the reward shop instead of just a garbage frenzy totem or two-hour kanna.

From a KMS standpoint it's a fair and balanced option. From a GMS standpoint, we already have things that are leaps and bounds ahead of this item.
    I don't think increasing the spawn rate is the best solution, but it does seem to be one that would probably make everyone happy.
    Even KMS players would probably enjoy it. Personally I'd rather just see a massive rework that forces party play (Read: Not 2PC Meta) to be the new standard.
    But much like spawn rate increases, it'll never happen.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019
    Patch wrote: »
    Yes, the whole 2 pc meta is trash but if Nexon wants to continue to have this in this game. Then they should at least allow us to open multi clients. That way you won't need to have 2 pcs anymore and can just open up 2 maplestories instead. Instead they force us to buy a frenzy, another pc, or have us use illegal means for multi client purposes. This is just silly and something should be done about this.

I agree, i asked other friends that play a few videogames and they know none that requires 2 pc to fully enjoy the game, and whenever i tell them about this issue they are amazed about how dumb it is.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited September 2019
    darik wrote: »

I agree, i asked other friends that play a few videogames and they know none that requires 2 pc to fully enjoy the game, and whenever i tell them about this issue they are amazed about how dumb it is.

but there is nothing like MS around...
    if other games offer advantage they will do it too it's "normal" thing to find all the way to get better & faster

nexon was searching for ways for make money
    firstly we got spawn "nerf" as "bug" and not much time from that we got kish as "fix" but the real thing came month later as frenzy ultimate spawn for all
    it cant be changed now many did gamble their life saveings to get frenzy

they didnt even let us have kished maps and just offer slighty better for frnezy gamblers $$$

so it is what it is
    2pc or $$$ (who knows how expensive and rare will be untill it get return)

• darikdarik
    edited September 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

if other games offer advantage they will do it too it's "normal" thing to find all the way to get better & faster

firstly we got spawn "nerf" as "bug" and not much time from that we got kish as "fix" but the real thing came month later as frenzy ultimate spawn for all

they didnt even let us have kished maps and just offer slighty better for frnezy gamblers $$$

so it is what it is

To be honest is $$$or $$$ cuz if u dont have a 2nd pc u would need to buy one just to have a kanna kishing u , which is the dumbest thing design ive ever seen on a game
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited September 2019

so it is what it is

To be honest is $$$or $$$ cuz if u dont have a 2nd pc u would need to buy one just to have a kanna kishing u , which is the dumbest thing design ive ever seen on a game

true but 2nd PC/laptop aint expensive and its much more usefull so yea
    i see people spend 1k + just to get chance to win frenzy when they can buy eazy decent laptop for 400-500+

before GMS decide to go fully p2w gamble and remove kish like all other that had kish
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Add a month long duration frenzy totem to the cash shop and use the revenue to pay your amazon bill. Servers are literal trash right now.
  • darikdarik
    edited September 2019

so it is what it is

true but 2nd PC/laptop aint expensive and its much more usefull so yea
    i see people spend 1k + just to get chance to win frenzy when they can buy eazy decent laptop for 400-500+

before GMS decide to go fully p2w gamble and remove kish like all other that had kish

Because frenzy is qn investment that cqn net u after some time of selling service even more money than it cost u to get it, u can sell service for dollars f.e or for mesos and net an amount that would take years to make which in the end makes it worth it to spend 2k to buy one, since 2k dollars is like 2 month salary more or less? Dont quote me on that not sure
    WONDERGUYluna02