[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

is anyone else facing lags?

Traveler5577Traveler5577
Reactions: 1,995
edited September 2019 in General Chat
wow just got kicked off the game i dont know if it was a terrible lag spike or what? i am in Aurora...

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    With this game? Could be anything. Lag is basically a fact of life on bera though, which is a complete and utter nuisance at basically all hours of the day.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    time to play the game... whats your internet speed?
    i know 5mbps works... but you will d/c a bit even more so at peek hours

i also know i dont really have issues with 1000mbps (tho i haven't bothered to cheek what maples actually using)

other reasons could be faulty graphics card....
    or just memory leak
    all the way to you computer deciding to de-sync connection
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    It could also be the kind of content you are trying to do, or something completely random and coincidental.
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited September 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    It could also be the kind of content you are trying to do, or something completely random and coincidental.

oh yea... but content wise even with best computer.... the only place in maple that seems to have issues is gollux maze
    (any other content related issues would be more a show your graphics card is failing)
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited September 2019
    How are we supposed to be great again with servers lagging?
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited September 2019
    Lags??? In Maplestory???? Impossible lol
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    wthNoID wrote: »
    oh yea... but content wise even with best computer.... the only place in maple that seems to have issues is gollux maze
    (any other content related issues would be more a show your graphics card is failing)

That is a very bold statement and not one I would take to heart. There's plenty more things that could cause issue with this game.
    Even leaving your computer on for more than a certain period of time creates these issues which you might attribute to the "failing graphics card."
  • ManjiManji
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2019
    @Traveler5577 you are not alone,i started to receive lag now and then after i did vanishing journey pq for the first time wich showed in a big delay between buffs.,my laptop is new,my internet speed is decent and i have plenty of space
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited September 2019
    There's kms streamer who built custom pc over $40,000 with 2 Titan RTX graphics cards installed. He's still gets lags and dcs. Unless your computer is just abominable sh@t or internet is from some 3rd world country, it's pretty much the game's fault.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    There's kms streamer who built custom pc over $40,000 with 2 Titan RTX graphics cards installed. He's still gets lags and dcs. Unless your computer is just abominable sh@t or internet is from some 3rd world country, it's pretty much the game's fault.

Funny, I seem to play just fine for the most part with a 2k computer that's over 8 years old.
    The only thing that really happens is a DC when trying to log-in or I've been AFK for 10+ hours in the same map.
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited September 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Penguinz0 wrote: »

Funny, I seem to play just fine for the most part with a 2k computer that's over 8 years old.
    The only thing that really happens is a DC when trying to log-in or I've been AFK for 10+ hours in the same map.

When he turns on his stream, a lot of people show up on the map where he's doing his contents (cubing, flame, sf and etc). Nexon's potatoes can't handle that.
    Fuhreak