[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Amoria quests/accessibility

HHG1HHG1
Reactions: 5,986
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest/Map

Brief bug summary: Amoria town is inaccessible but the quests are still available.

More details: The portal in the New Wedding Village leads to Purple Plains 1 and there is no way at all to reach the Amoria town anymore. The portal takes you to the New Wedding Village now. Nearest town scrolls and Mystic Door skills do not work. However the Amoria related quests are still available in your quest log.
M8mOgdY.jpg

Since the maintenance and patch notes mentioned a fix to one of the quests, I believe they intend for the quests to still be available. But this means we need a way to get to Amoria.
PD23LD7.jpg

Steps to reproduce:

Try normal means of getting to Amoria.

Character name: all

Character level: all

Character job: all

World name: all

Date and time of the incident: As of 8/29 maintenance

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Thank you for reporting this issue. It has been forwarded.
    Invulgo
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    Bug type: Function, Map, Area

Brief bug summary: I am not sure if it's just me but I cannot access the main town of Amoria anymore. It probably has been changed/broken with the last update where a change regarding an Amoria quest has been made but there is no way you could reach the town now. At least no regular way (if we exclude teleport rocks), anyway here are the details:

Steps to reproduce:
    I usually ported into the map Purple Plains 1 but any other map except the main town works too for that. Going to the left portal from said map leads to the regular wedding place where you can choose what sort of wedding you want to have, instead of the main town you usually land.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2018
    Moving this up.

Edit: The threads have been merged.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited September 2018
    thanks!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2018
    Hey guys,

Just letting you know this is being looked into. Thanks for the report!
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Has there been any progress on this? Amoria is still not accessible through any normal means but it contains quests (that were fixed with the intent for people to be able to do these quests) as well as hair/face styles.
    Just add the teleport option back to the Nana NPC.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited July 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Has there been any progress on this? Amoria is still not accessible through any normal means but it contains quests (that were fixed with the intent for people to be able to do these quests) as well as hair/face styles.
    Just add the teleport option back to the Nana NPC.

To update on this, it seems the "fix" previously mentioned didn't apply, or broke later on, because I still had the cherry blossom seed quest drop appear as a requirement in my existing Amoria: Sakura Garden quest. After seeing this thread bumped up today, I tried going to Sakura Cellions (you can still access Purple Plains via hyper teleport rock) but they did not drop the item. I then decided to forfeit the quest and try again in case that would work, but NPC Jacob is only available in the old Amoria map, not this new one (and you can only teleport to the new one right now).
    Finally, I decided to buy the Cash Shop Quest Deliverer to see if I could receive the quest this way, but that didn't work either (does not give me any quests at all, so wasted 2.1k NX and some RP).

Can we please make the Amorian quests completable somehow? And while we're at it, NPC General Maestro has also been inaccessible since the Omega Sector revamp, so the Monster Rumour Mill quest can't be completed either... There have been many past threads about this one also.
    HHG1
  • M0rtic1aM0rtic1a
    Reactions: 200
    Bug type: Quest, Item Exchange

Brief bug summary: Joko's exchange in Masteria/Crimsonwood no longer works. Joko keeps telling the player to check his inventory for space, even when the player has half a dozen open slots. Please fix this.

Steps to reproduce: Click on Joko with a half full inventory and try to exchange any badge. He won't let you
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/52549/completed-scheduled-game-update-august-27-2019
    Fixing an issue where multiple quests could no longer be completed:
    Dragon Rider
    Amoria: The Sakura Garden
    The Committee Challenges
    The Missing Hero (On Reboot)
    The Lantern at Mushroom Shrine
    Eliminating Big Cloud Fox
    Eliminating Ghosts

You still can't do that quest because there is no way to enter Amoria and talk to the NPC that has the quest.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/53118/maple-memo-v208-status-update-september-27
    Amoria quests will be removed. We have reviewed the gameplay data for the content in MapleStory and saw that few players were participating in these quests. Since this is the case, we have decided to remove these quests, to clean up some old data that can potentially be abused and better manage our client size.

Excuse me, but are you actually stupid? People don't do the quests because they can't.
    1. They were bugged for years and items needed didn't drop
    2. Amoria has been inaccessible for god knows how long now so people can't actually accept and complete the quests because the NPCs are in Amoria, which they cannot access

@Ghiblee What is the meaning of this? We reported these bugs over and over and Nexon completely ignores that and pretends that the area isn't popular.
    PirateIzzyWONDERGUYpommepouffe
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited September 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/53118/maple-memo-v208-status-update-september-27
    Amoria quests will be removed. We have reviewed the gameplay data for the content in MapleStory and saw that few players were participating in these quests. Since this is the case, we have decided to remove these quests, to clean up some old data that can potentially be abused and better manage our client size.

Excuse me, but are you actually stupid? People don't do the quests because they can't.
    1. They were bugged for years and items needed didn't drop
    2. Amoria has been inaccessible for god knows how long now so people can't actually accept and complete the quests because the NPCs are in Amoria, which they cannot access

@Ghiblee What is the meaning of this? We reported these bugs over and over and Nexon completely ignores that and pretends that the area isn't popular.

its not ana/kms fault the data they got send in KMS its from years ago when apq worked and very few did just because tickets were crazy expensive
    about the break/bug after that letter they probably got send same letter just added on everything works as intended dont worry KMS dad
    now KMS team notice exploit from hackers but they also see the reality that quest was buged/broken so they quick disable and soon remove

KMS team its lost totaly but brave enough to step in GMS spagheti code system

offtopic a bit
    24-hour wait time for character deletion will be extended to all levels. Currently, we’re battling with illicit accounts that are repeatedly deleting and creating a massive number of characters after getting banned by our detection. Even though we understand that this change might cause an inconvenience to our players, we would like to implement this feature to mitigate the illicit activity.

how 24h will stop that other then annoy legit one more
    they delete chars after geting ban nexon hello?
    maybe instead of 24h make harder to make new acc....
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »

The characters on the illicit accounts are getting banned, not the account as a whole. To clarify:
    1. Illicit account creates a new illicit character.
    2. Illicit character gets banned at low level.
    3. Illicit account deletes said low level illicit character.
    4. Illicit account makes a new (new) illicit character.
    5. Repeat.

So by putting the deletion cd, this process is (semi-) mitigated.

You have a misconception of either bans are account wide or that illicit accounts start a new illicit account after one character ban.

Just wondering, how do you propose that Nexon America "make harder to make new acc....."? The main way I can think of this is to go to a similar method as the KMS account verification system by using either cell number or something very hard to get multiple of (unlike emails). And pretty sure that would be more annoying to most legit players even more than a 24hr low level restriction.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited September 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »

The characters on the illicit accounts are getting banned, not the account as a whole. To clarify:
    5. Repeat.

You have a misconception of either bans are account wide or that illicit accounts start a new illicit account after one character ban.

Just wondering, how do you propose that Nexon America "make harder to make new acc....."? The main way I can think of this is to go to a similar method as the KMS account verification system by using either cell number or something very hard to get multiple of (unlike emails). And pretty sure that would be more annoying to most legit players even more than a 24hr low level restriction.

why they ban chars for hacking WTF?
    me and my friend had false ban last year for playing kanna (memo confirmed about the mistake and apology without any compesation..)
    me and my friend acc bans lasted for 2months without being able to do anything on that acc
    and they let hackers do that ? lol great
    how about ban that acc/mail/info for life.... ?process will be more then semi-mitigated
    Just wondering, how do you propose that Nexon America "make harder to make new acc....."?
    by makeing phone confirm, id image etc etc (everyone has that why would be problem for legit to add their phones or more info about them ?)

cant belive hackers can just delete char and hack again on same acc (now they need wait 24h) after that they are legit again on that acc
    no wonder they said 2memos ago we ban 80k chars.... they remake them like a joke

dont know but this last memo its full of bs....
    from apq to hackers....
    better work on text/translate fixs then make more bs like this

sorry about going offtopic in this thread...
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019

5. Repeat.

I have never heard of banning a single character. Bans are always per account.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

Apologies (to WONDERGUY, also), that is my misunderstanding of the situation/ban system from the wording on the memo "deleting and creating a massive number of characters after getting banned".
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    edited September 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

Apologies (to WONDERGUY, also), that is my misunderstanding of the situation/ban system from the wording on the memo "deleting and creating a massive number of characters after getting banned".
    no i mean you are right its what memo says...but it make nosense just like them with ignoreing the bugs and claim maplers shows no interest in that content...

reminds me of reddit "help brother out post "