[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

bring back perm buff freezers

JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
Reactions: 1,065
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
lol hey Anna, 3 of my friends just quit the game because they're livid about the following changes. and also not being notified of them.

1. buff freezers from Matilda suddenly went temporary and unstackable
2. characters with 100% stance still get knockback in lucid

is the goal trying to lose more GMS players?

Just letting you know. Suggesting that these secret changes be reverted
  1. Bring permanent buff freezers back the way they were before8 votes
    1. yes
       100% (8 votes)
    2. no
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
    I think buff freezer change is fine because meaningful bosses have limited number of lives and are weekly.

Thursday reset until next Thursday reset is 7 days. 7 x 5 = 35. You can't use up that many on Cvell, Cpap, Lotus, Damien, Lucid. By the time you're at Will you probably already have a battleroid.

I do think they should find a way for them to stack. If they absolutely can't then I propose a tweaked system:

Have BF be sold in sets and you can only buy 4 sets a week. Each bundle/set contains 10 BFs.
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
    [deleted]

• HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    GenkaiX1 wrote: »
    I think buff freezer change is fine because meaningful bosses have limited number of lives and are weekly.

Thursday reset until next Thursday reset is 7 days. 7 x 5 = 35. You can't use up that many on Cvell, Cpap, Lotus, Damien, Lucid. By the time you're at Will you probably already have a battleroid.

I do think they should find a way for them to stack. If they absolutely can't then I propose a tweaked system:

Have BF be sold in sets and you can only buy 4 sets a week. Each bundle/set contains 10 BFs.

I don't agree at all. Sure you wouldn't need them assuming you are even able to beat all the Chaos mid game and all the endgame bosses every week but someone doing progression on their own will very likely lose the fight more than once during the week. Even then allowing them to be permanent did allow you too keep hoarding them the weeks you didn't fight until you didn't really need to buy them anymore. It was a good system that was changed for no apparent reason. Was there any exploits in this? No one knows because we haven't been told why the reason for the change even was.
    YinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Most likely the change was so that people can't hoard them.
    Also because they expire they're a bigger meso sink now. Nexon's goal was probably to increase meso spending.
    If I'm remembering correctly, they never stacked and also expired on reboot. So they could have also just been balancing the two server types.
    Why they would do that is beyond me though.

The real crime is that they didn't give any warning to a drastic change to the way something works.
    Nexon, please be more transparent about future changes to the game.
    YinYangX