[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Maple Memo: Global Migration Update

Comments

  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,730
    Posts: 5,596
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

    For the other merged games the GMs of the European server were still GMs afterwards.

    If NexonNA doesn't want the EU GMs they have to stay all up at night for Luna so I guess they still will be GMs.
    1. GMs supposedly work 24/7
    2. GMs are outsourced. For all we know, they're in India.
    Lilyflower
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited November 2016
    RikNL
    RikNL said:

    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

    As a note, working on getting all of you answers/confirmation to the various questions that you've asked since this was posted. Should have them tomorrow, just waiting to hear back from some others on the team so I'm not providing incorrect information.

    Also, yes, the forums that the posts talk about are these new shiny forums. :)
    Will there only be an English forum or will a Dutch forum come as well just like on the EMS forums?
    And will Samanthacart (EMS Forum mod) also be a mod over here?

    I don't know for sure, but we have had more then one moderator here before.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 3,800
    Posts: 740
    Member
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

    RikNL
    RikNL said:

    For the other merged games the GMs of the European server were still GMs afterwards.

    If NexonNA doesn't want the EU GMs they have to stay all up at night for Luna so I guess they still will be GMs.
    1. GMs supposedly work 24/7
    2. GMs are outsourced. For all we know, they're in India.
    1. true for a gm thats how they work alas i wish this would happen :/.
    2. i didn't know that.



  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    Posts: 506
    Member
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

    gamechanger

    And yes I expect fires to come for a while, but hopefully after they are all put out it will free up a lot of resources at NexonNA to work on bug fixes and implement often requested content
    You're such an optimist.

    Once the fires are put out, we'll be in the same situation we were, say, a year ago, before the migration was initiated. Did they have the resources to fix bugs or implement oft-requested content then? No. So why do you think they'll have them now? All resources freed up at NexonEU will be let go. As I said before, I believe the whole purpose of the migration is to reduce operating costs in the West, not keep the same costs and make happier users.
    I try to be, though its hard, very hard, sometimes. But even beyond just operating costs in the West, it should be easier for Nexon as a whole to focus on GMS now. After all they will have one less version of the game to support. One less version of the game with bugs coming in. One less version of the game that is requesting features and content. Should be easier overall for the devs. Hopefully at least
    Lilyflower
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,370
    Posts: 129
    Member
    edited November 2016
    As promised, here are some answers for all of you based on your questions. Most of these questions I've copy/pasted from your original posts in this thread, just for easy readability.

    Q: How would EMS's Rebirth Flames and Additional Options be affected by the Migration?
    A: Rebirth Flames were removed. Additional Options will be kept on items that already have it. However the Additional Options system will not be implemented in GMS.

    Q: Will the EMS staff be working for GMS now or will they be put on other projects?
    A: The EMS staff will not be working on GMS.

    Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.

    Q: Are any of the merged GMS servers located in the EU? Are there plans for this?
    A: Currently, there are no GMS servers located in the EU, which is why we notified all EMS players regarding joining the world closest to your current region. We are not completely ruling out the possibility of servers being in the EU in the future.

    Q: Will EMS old event items return, such as Dutch Kingsday or Piazza di Spagna, German beerfest ?
    A: There are no plans right now to bring them back. However, in our future content and event planning, we will look into these EMS specific events to see which ones we can bring back. In short, it’s not out of the question and we want to include more global/international events as part of our event planning.

    Q: Will there be a Reboot server in EU?
    A: There will not be an EU Reboot server on Day 1 after the migration, but we are planning to add an EU Reboot server in the near future. We do not have a specific date at this time, and will provide everyone an update once this date is known.

    Q: What happens to the rankings?
    A: Any In-game rankings will reset. We’re planning to display website rankings on the Global MapleStory website. Rankings may change from what they were previously since only migrated users will be on the rankings.

    Q: Adjustments to the language filter?
    A: We made adjustments to the language filter during GMS v177 update to be less restrictive during normal chatting. We plan to make more adjustments during the next game update.

    Q: Will we be adding other language sections to the forums?
    A: Potentially, based on population needs. We have non-English language sections on some of our other titles as well that have localized versions of their game.
    IvangoldMegaScienceLilyflowerRikNLDemiheartgorateronSuperboi
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    Posts: 214
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Q: Adjustments to the language filter?
    A: We made adjustments to the language filter during GMS v177 update to be less restrictive during normal chatting. We plan to make more adjustments during the next game update.
    I have not noticed that at all, if anything I noticed some more words being censored that were previously whitelisted/not added. Normal chatting is still incredibly hard with the current chat filter and how it's implemented.
    Nyara
  • KurollKuroll
    Reactions: 785
    Posts: 92
    Member
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

    As promised, here are some answers for all of you based on your questions. Most of these questions I've copy/pasted from your original posts in this thread, just for easy readability.

    Q: How would EMS's Rebirth Flames and Additional Options be affected by the Migration?
    A: Rebirth Flames were removed. Additional Options will be kept on items that already have it. However the Additional Options system will not be implemented in GMS.

    Q: Will the EMS staff be working for GMS now or will they be put on other projects?
    A: The EMS staff will not be working on GMS.

    Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.

    Q: Are any of the merged GMS servers located in the EU? Are there plans for this?
    A: Currently, there are no GMS servers located in the EU, which is why we notified all EMS players regarding joining the world closest to your current region. We are not completely ruling out the possibility of servers being in the EU in the future.

    Q: Will EMS old event items return, such as Dutch Kingsday or Piazza di Spagna, German beerfest ?
    A: There are no plans right now to bring them back. However, in our future content and event planning, we will look into these EMS specific events to see which ones we can bring back. In short, it’s not out of the question and we want to include more global/international events as part of our event planning.

    Q: Will there be a Reboot server in EU?
    A: There will not be an EU Reboot server on Day 1 after the migration, but we are planning to add an EU Reboot server in the near future. We do not have a specific date at this time, and will provide everyone an update once this date is known.

    Q: What happens to the rankings?
    A: Any In-game rankings will reset. We’re planning to display website rankings on the Global MapleStory website. Rankings may change from what they were previously since only migrated users will be on the rankings.

    Q: Adjustments to the language filter?
    A: We made adjustments to the language filter during GMS v177 update to be less restrictive during normal chatting. We plan to make more adjustments during the next game update.

    Q: Will we be adding other language sections to the forums?
    A: Potentially, based on population needs. We have non-English language sections on some of our other titles as well that have localized versions of their game.
    will you allow EU players who plays in global to transfer to Luna to have better pings?
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    Posts: 506
    Member
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

    As promised, here are some answers for all of you based on your questions. Most of these questions I've copy/pasted from your original posts in this thread, just for easy readability.

    Q: How would EMS's Rebirth Flames and Additional Options be affected by the Migration?
    A: Rebirth Flames were removed. Additional Options will be kept on items that already have it. However the Additional Options system will not be implemented in GMS.

    Q: Will the EMS staff be working for GMS now or will they be put on other projects?
    A: The EMS staff will not be working on GMS.

    Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.

    Q: Are any of the merged GMS servers located in the EU? Are there plans for this?
    A: Currently, there are no GMS servers located in the EU, which is why we notified all EMS players regarding joining the world closest to your current region. We are not completely ruling out the possibility of servers being in the EU in the future.

    Q: Will EMS old event items return, such as Dutch Kingsday or Piazza di Spagna, German beerfest ?
    A: There are no plans right now to bring them back. However, in our future content and event planning, we will look into these EMS specific events to see which ones we can bring back. In short, it’s not out of the question and we want to include more global/international events as part of our event planning.

    Q: Will there be a Reboot server in EU?
    A: There will not be an EU Reboot server on Day 1 after the migration, but we are planning to add an EU Reboot server in the near future. We do not have a specific date at this time, and will provide everyone an update once this date is known.

    Q: What happens to the rankings?
    A: Any In-game rankings will reset. We’re planning to display website rankings on the Global MapleStory website. Rankings may change from what they were previously since only migrated users will be on the rankings.

    Q: Adjustments to the language filter?
    A: We made adjustments to the language filter during GMS v177 update to be less restrictive during normal chatting. We plan to make more adjustments during the next game update.

    Q: Will we be adding other language sections to the forums?
    A: Potentially, based on population needs. We have non-English language sections on some of our other titles as well that have localized versions of their game.
    Thanks for the answers, its much appreciated.
    Lilyflower
  • TroiusTroius
    Reactions: 455
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Nice to hear we keep the additional options on items that has them. Also cool to hear that we will get Reboot.

    However, I'm still curious about what will happen to the guilds. Will they be completely wiped or will the contribution and level just reset?
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    Posts: 82
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Troius
    Troius said:

    Nice to hear we keep the additional options on items that has them. Also cool to hear that we will get Reboot.

    However, I'm still curious about what will happen to the guilds. Will they be completely wiped or will the contribution and level just reset?
    If previous server merges are anything to go by, guild keep their levels. Any duplicate guild names will have to be changed, but that is pretty much it.

  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,730
    Posts: 5,596
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Gimo
    Gimo said:

    Troius
    Troius said:

    Nice to hear we keep the additional options on items that has them. Also cool to hear that we will get Reboot.

    However, I'm still curious about what will happen to the guilds. Will they be completely wiped or will the contribution and level just reset?
    If previous server merges are anything to go by, guild keep their levels. Any duplicate guild names will have to be changed, but that is pretty much it.

    Previous merges are nothing to go by.
    Opening post of this thread says " Your community data such as Friends list, Blacklist, Guilds, and wedding information will be reset."
    That means guilds will be disbanded.
    Lilyflower
  • JubileusJubileus
    Reactions: 810
    Posts: 14
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Questions!
    I have the same e-mail for GMS and EMS... How does it affect me?
    Characters with the same name... How can be displayed on Rankings?
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Jubileus
    Jubileus said:

    Questions!
    I have the same e-mail for GMS and EMS... How does it affect me?
    Characters with the same name... How can be displayed on Rankings?
    you might be send a ticket, idk if Nexon is able to merge accounts.
  • KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    Reactions: 2,960
    Posts: 214
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Jubileus
    Jubileus said:

    Questions!
    I have the same e-mail for GMS and EMS... How does it affect me?
    Characters with the same name... How can be displayed on Rankings?
    The EMS opting-in process should have prompted you to select a new email address for your EMS account if it has already been used to sign up on GMS with.
  • JetwinJetwin
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 7
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    I repeat. schedule of events for the people of Europe?
    If we put the events at 10 pm we can not do it, we go to bed.
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

    I repeat. schedule of events for the people of Europe?
    If we put the events at 10 pm we can not do it, we go to bed.
    KingStarfire

    We still have people from Australia so normally they are scheduled twice a day.
    I am sure this will be addressed.
  • JetwinJetwin
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 7
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

    Jetwin
    Jetwin said:

    I repeat. schedule of events for the people of Europe?
    If we put the events at 10 pm we can not do it, we go to bed.
    KingStarfire

    We still have people from Australia so normally they are scheduled twice a day.
    I am sure this will be addressed.
    Perfect, it is a question I had. Thanks for answering.
  • PerceptivityPerceptivity
    Reactions: 2,250
    Posts: 218
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks @oneletter for the answers :)
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Posts: 336
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Thank you for the answers so far, but I still have a couple questions left which are important for the EMS community.

    2x events in EMS always have been between 16.00-20.00 CET which is when most European players are online. With eventually Double Miracle Time from 20.00-21.00. Also we had spell fever times from 14.00-16.00 and 20.00-22.00. The time of 16.00 is 8am PST (winter time) and 7 am PST in (summer time), Spell fever time will therefore even be at 5am PST.

    During these busy times and especially at events It's good decision to have GM's available online. To be able to help out players who need helps or when there is a problem with an event not working correctly to immediately notify the right persons to fix it as soon as possible. Also patches and maintenances usually are wednesday early in the morning CET (night time PST), will these times stay the same (so we don't lose out on a whole day of playing a week) and will there be support available when something goes wrong with a maintenance or patch?

    So will Luna and in future an European based Reboot have their own GM's (preferrable European based) or will they be covered by the current GM's of GMS which already have a very hard time maintaining the current GMS servers.

  • LandénLandén
    Reactions: 780
    Posts: 8
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:

    Q: What happens to the rankings?
    A: Any In-game rankings will reset. We’re planning to display website rankings on the Global MapleStory website. Rankings may change from what they were previously since only migrated users will be on the rankings.
    Are you planning on setting the EMS rankings to be like the GMS rankings are now, with the #1, #2 and so on?
    Because right now all the 5 lvl 250's are #1 and the ranking is kinda backwards. Would love to get my #1 spot back after almost 2 years of hearing "they're working on it".
    Thanks for any answer :)
    Doughny