[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.216 Astral Blessings Patch Notes here!

Maple Memo: Global Migration Update

Comments

  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Hardflip
    Hardflip said:

    So if EU players played on EU scania will they come to GMS scania? I want to know if GMS scania is getting new players?? Awnser please
    wasn't there only two servers in EMS? neither of them a Scania
  • SparkleeSparklee
    Reactions: 2,530
    Posts: 161
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Hardflip
    Hardflip said:

    So if EU players played on EU scania will they come to GMS scania? I want to know if GMS scania is getting new players?? Awnser please
    EMS had servers called Kradia and Demethos. They're both merging to become Luna
  • KingStarfireKingStarfire
    Reactions: 1,785
    Posts: 293
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Sparklee
    Sparklee said:

    Hardflip
    Hardflip said:

    So if EU players played on EU scania will they come to GMS scania? I want to know if GMS scania is getting new players?? Awnser please
    EMS had servers called Kradia and Demethos. They're both merging to become Luna
    Do you know what is going one with Luna's Emblem? it shows up with Scania's
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Posts: 336
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    KingStarfire

    Sparklee
    Sparklee said:

    Hardflip
    Hardflip said:

    So if EU players played on EU scania will they come to GMS scania? I want to know if GMS scania is getting new players?? Awnser please
    EMS had servers called Kradia and Demethos. They're both merging to become Luna
    Do you know what is going one with Luna's Emblem? it shows up with Scania's
    No, idea but without working logo the migration patch might need to be extended once again.
  • TimbolieTimbolie
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited November 2016
    If i were to create a character on the NA Reboot server, would i be able to transfer it to the EU Reboot server once EU gets one?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 38,920
    Posts: 5,863
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Timbolie
    Timbolie said:

    If i were to create a character on the NA Reboot server, would i be able to transfer it to the EU Reboot server once EU gets one?
    In my opinion: no chance.

    New worlds always have a period of time when nobody is allowed to transfer in. This is so a world progresses in a natural way, and the first people to high levels or to defeat big bosses have an accomplishment to be proud of. If you let people with high levels and powerful gear jump in, you're ruining that.
    Reboot, especially, is all about the "everyone on equal footing", so that is double the reason not to let anyone in that won't be starting from scratch.

    Plus, we don't even know whether we'll ever be able to transfer from any NA world to any EU world, or vice versa. There might be technical issues with the way the gateways are set up.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Posts: 336
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

    Timbolie
    Timbolie said:

    If i were to create a character on the NA Reboot server, would i be able to transfer it to the EU Reboot server once EU gets one?
    In my opinion: no chance.

    New worlds always have a period of time when nobody is allowed to transfer in. This is so a world progresses in a natural way, and the first people to high levels or to defeat big bosses have an accomplishment to be proud of. If you let people with high levels and powerful gear jump in, you're ruining that.
    Reboot, especially, is all about the "everyone on equal footing", so that is double the reason not to let anyone in that won't be starting from scratch.

    Plus, we don't even know whether we'll ever be able to transfer from any NA world to any EU world, or vice versa. There might be technical issues with the way the gateways are set up.
    It definetely won't be possible in the near future, cause of reasons explained by Akradian. I actually think that technical gateway issues might prevent it at all in future as well. let's say after a year that server exist.
  • goraterongorateron
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 29
    Member
    edited November 2016
    Q: Will there be a Reboot server in EU?
    A: There will not be an EU Reboot server on Day 1 after the migration, but we are planning to add an EU Reboot server in the near future. We do not have a specific date at this time, and will provide everyone an update once this date is known.
    I can't wait for this, it's the most fun ever.
  • SalmyaSalmya
    Reactions: 300
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited November 2016
    So GMS players who lives in Europe cant play maple right now? Because of connection problems? For me, it doesnt matter if I click North America or Europe. Maple shuts down immidietly and cant play at all. Unless Ive missed something? I wanted to play after 2 months of break but cant get in so feeling kinda sad right now...
  • Shaneration1Shaneration1
    Reactions: 420
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited November 2016
    i have had some strange issues to say the least i installed nexon installer and for some reason even though i used a fresh account i could still not acess EU but i could acess NA i made a new account because my old one hasent been successfully migrated yet sigh... tried reinstalling and even that did not work. then i tried the steam version of maple and behold i can play EU on my new account. still id much rather be able to play my main account :/ migration taking to long missing all the events :C
  • ShanerationShaneration
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited November 2016
    ill be chilling in reboot too, since my battlemage on EU is inacessible still :C
  • NagaponNagapon
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited November 2016
    I migrated my account but when I got on the Luna server I don't have my old characters, why is this?
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 3,945
    Posts: 581
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Nagapon
    Nagapon said:

    I migrated my account but when I got on the Luna server I don't have my old characters, why is this?
    If you migrated after 9th November your characters won't have been moved over yet.
    I'm not sure when they will be but all we know is it will be a "future maintenance".
  • PokkediefPokkedief
    Reactions: 710
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited November 2016
    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:



    Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.
    I really hope this wont be ruled out. I've spent alot of time in my Night Lord. Getting a character as good geared as that one will never happen again to me because i simply dont have the time for it anymore.
    Would be great if i can play normally again on my Night Lord without dying from lag spikes, not being able to use pots.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 38,920
    Posts: 5,863
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Pokkedief
    Pokkedief said:

    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:



    Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.
    I really hope this wont be ruled out. I've spent alot of time in my Night Lord. Getting a character as good geared as that one will never happen again to me because i simply dont have the time for it anymore.
    Would be great if i can play normally again on my Night Lord without dying from lag spikes, not being able to use pots.
    Why do you think a world merger will change anything about lag?
  • PokkediefPokkedief
    Reactions: 710
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

    Pokkedief
    Pokkedief said:

    OneLetter
    OneLetter said:



    Q: Will GMS receive some world mergers in the near future? This is based on the conversation about Luna.
    A: There are no plans at this time, or in the immediate future, for this sort of world merger. We are not completely ruling it out, though.
    I really hope this wont be ruled out. I've spent alot of time in my Night Lord. Getting a character as good geared as that one will never happen again to me because i simply dont have the time for it anymore.
    Would be great if i can play normally again on my Night Lord without dying from lag spikes, not being able to use pots.
    Why do you think a world merger will change anything about lag?
    I misread. I meant moving between servers. From (in my case) NA Scania => EU Luna.