[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

AP Reset that includes HP/MP - Add to Matilda

GliaGlia
Reactions: 500
edited May 2023 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Two types of AP Reset Scrolls exist: (1) "AP Reset Scroll" which resets all AP excluding AP invested in HP/MP and (2) "AP Reset" which allows 1 AP from one stat to another stat (including HP/MP). The first type is available in the Cash Shop for 4k NX, Matilda's shop for 7mill meso, and event shops for event coins. The second type is ONLY available in the Cash Shop for 500 NX. I would like to request that this second type of AP reset (1 AP at a time) be added to Matilda's shop for meso and/or event shops for event coins.

I am aware that this only affects a small percentage of players, but players are forced to pay 500 NX for every 1 AP invested in HP/MP that they want to reset because of an outdated mechanic. Back in the day, players abused the AP Reset to "HP Wash" (i.e., increase HP by reducing MP without affecting main stat for damage) in order to improve survivability--however, this has not been possible for several years! Instead of HP washing, permanent beginners and even some Kannas assigned AP into HP (instead of STR and INT, respectively). In terms of permanent beginners, putting AP into HP was very common many years ago to survive during training and bossing, but with HP being available from potentials, star force, set effects, legion, etc., this is no longer a reasonable option.

That was exactly what I did. My main is a level 264 permanent beginner. At 264, I only have 582 base STR, which means that I am missing 738 base STR (1320 AP available at level 264) and it would cost 738*500 NX (369,000 NX) to fully reset the AP invested in HP into STR (1 AP at a time)!!

While the best solution would be to include AP invested in HP/MP in the full AP Reset Scroll, I have heard that the game does not know whether AP was invested into HP/MP, so it cannot automatically reset all the AP. Therefore, I request that the AP Reset (1 AP at a time version) be added to the Matilda meso shop and/or event shops for event coins. AKradian originally suggested the idea of making it cost meso here.

I have submitted several tickets over the years and there are other posts regarding this topic:
2020 - Not sure why marked as solved with the post description removed, but refer to my comment.

Comments

• ABCZZTABCZZT
    Reactions: 1,495
    edited May 2023
    The game shouldn't even need to know how AP was spent to do a full reset. It should just set STR/DEX/INT/LUK to lowest allowed for the job, set HP and MP to base values for the current job and level, and set AP to the amount given at the current level minus points forced into the minimum job stats.
    Glia