[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

comments on news posts

nir856nir856
Reactions: 605
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
it will be nice if we will be able to comment on news posts

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    but you already can on the forums.

That's the point of the forums. It would be redundant to be able to post on the news posts on both the forums and the news post section.

it also keeps all related info in 1 nice place instead of split into 2 areas.
  • nir856nir856
    edited October 2016
    i get what you're saying but there isn't always discussions about the news.
    for example the latest two post about halloween weekend events and the maintenance, i never seen a post on the forums about them
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    I can start mirroring the news posts on the forums, but my first question is -

What do we hope to get out of those discussions? If there is a bug with an event, or if anyone has a suggestion, those should still be posted to their respective subforum.
  • nir856nir856
    edited October 2016
    this is why i think we should be able to comment on the news then have discussions on the forums, people usually just talk about their opinion and not reporting a bug/ have a suggestion
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    nir856
    nir856 said:

this is why i think we should be able to comment on the news then have discussions on the forums, people usually just talk about their opinion and not reporting a bug/ have a suggestion
    but people will only talk about their opinions of said thing anyway, so whether it happens on the forums or on the news post it would be redundant.

Besides, all you have to do is make a post in the general section if you want to have a discussion about some event you want to discuss, it doesn't really warrant a new feature of commenting on the news post it's self. If the players find it interesting enough to make a post about, then it's clearly deemed as something that people both want to discuss and also something the community feels is worth talking about already.

I saw EMS had this feature but all the posts that had comments were essentially the same stuff that would get posted in the forums anyway and many of them went without comments, the only ones that had the most "discussions" were the ones that were about major patches, which we already have covered in the forums in the announcements page or in general discussion page.
  • nir856nir856
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

nir856
    nir856 said:

but people will only talk about their opinions of said thing anyway, so whether it happens on the forums or on the news post it would be redundant.

Besides, all you have to do is make a post in the general section if you want to have a discussion about some event you want to discuss, it doesn't really warrant a new feature of commenting on the news post it's self. If the players find it interesting enough to make a post about, then it's clearly deemed as something that people both want to discuss and also something the community feels is worth talking about already.

I saw EMS had this feature but all the posts that had comments were essentially the same stuff that would get posted in the forums anyway and many of them went without comments, the only ones that had the most "discussions" were the ones that were about major patches, which we already have covered in the forums in the announcements page or in general discussion page.
    not everything that being said must be worth talking about. there are moments where you just want say something minor, like small complain, question or even a joke
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited October 2016
    nir856
    nir856 said:

Catooolooo

nir856
    nir856 said:

not everything that being said must be worth talking about. there are moments where you just want say something minor, like small complain, question or even a joke
    but all those things are done in the forum in the general discussions area anyway
  • nir856nir856
    edited October 2016
    Catooolooo

nir856
    nir856 said:

Catooolooo

nir856
    nir856 said:

but all those things are done in the forum in the general discussions area anyway
    i meant things that are not worth making post about. small things
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    ya, discussing on the news posts sounds good, that way the OP can directly see any issues with the event all in 1 place-- rather than the spam of 100 posts on the same issue worded differently.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    nir856
    nir856 said:

i meant things that are not worth making post about. small things
    People make threads about the small things anyway. One way or another, comments on site news posts is redundant, and would just be yet another channel that would have to be moderated.
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

ya, discussing on the news posts sounds good, that way the OP can directly see any issues with the event all in 1 place-- rather than the spam of 100 posts on the same issue worded differently.
    Or it'll be as cancerous as youtube comments. That, and dozens of people commenting " DOESN'T WORK FIX IT NEXON WTF IS UR PROBLEM" doesn't solve anything any faster than "the spam of 100 posts on the same issue worded differently".
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    BIackbean
    BIackbean said:

That's the job of the forum moderators, to merge threads that are about the same topic.
    And conversely, it's better to have separate threads about separate pieces of content, instead of having everything in a patch jumbled all together.

Where people are allowed to comment directly on the web notices, the comments seem to consist of "first!" and similar meaningful posts.

Besides, if Nexon can't even fix the web notice CSS or add expandable text sections (for all the details about content), do you really think they can create a proper talkback area?
  • nir856nir856
    edited October 2016
    i don't understand why people here are so negative about this suggestion. the only reason i came up with this suggestion is because i noticed that almost every other game site had this feature and i felt like this can make the site better, i didn't expected this to be such a long discussion