[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nexon's priorities

DutchWarriorDutchWarrior
Reactions: 1,000
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi,

I'm from the Luna (Europe) server and there are a few hackers that have reached lvl. 250 already.
They are here since the V-patch and nexon hasn't done anything about it.
Instead they perma ban people that are selling NX?!? I know it is against the ToS. But this is insane, keeping the hackers in the game
and perma ban the players who are creating an economy ingame that is stronger than the whole american economy?
I don't even understand nexons logic..
Feel free to comment, BUT if you aregonna say: It's against the rules, so it is fair that they got banned, you missed the whole point.
If you are like that, just scroll to the next discussion.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    All the North American worlds have level 250 cheaters. I guess Nexon didn't want Luna to feel left out.
    BooberpuppyDnaman101Ivangoldgenji123
  • FlameWizardBlancFlameWizardBlanc
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited January 2017
    Really, we need some GM's that will police Luna, at the moment since the merge i have not seen a single one. In ems the GM's would be helpful by keeping players in line and getting rid of hackers, If you go to Luna and check the Mu Lung maps and the Leafre Maps then you will be guaranteed to find 1 in each map on every single channel going.

It isn't fair on players who are playing the game and are penalised because of hackers farming meso for their sites or farming stuff from elites controlling the economy which is bad enough as it is.

As a suggestion: The ToS says that we can't sell nx for meso, was wondering if that could be changed as it was ok in EMS people could get their items if they didn't have the physical money to charge NX or if they didn't have access to it, and it was a good way to get meso without scrolling through the FM looking to merch off people and thats IF you know prices which for a lot of people myself included just dont. Economy in luna is bad and i feel happy when i sell something no matter what its price is.
    Stéphy
  • BisckterBisckter
    Reactions: 310
    edited January 2017
    As far as im aware, all im banned for is malicious activity, until i find more info i can't supply any more information on what banned me.

Does seem kind of weird that they let 3 hackers get lvl 250 in luna before even considering they exist.
  • StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited January 2017
    I agree with the topicstarter and with Lauren above.
    It's a shame to see how we are moved to another server/world with not a single GM to maintenance 'Luna', it sometimes feels like we are dropped somewhere in an outside corner like 'ok here u guys go, whatever issues you guys have, we don't bother much really. We just HAD to take u guys as Ems was closing'.

Suggestions: add atleast 1 GM on Luna as it will make already a huge difference.
    And once again please set your priorities on hackers etc then on people buying/selling nx.
    I'm even sure that 90% of the people don't know about this rule, as it was legal within EMS. (Yes i know people should read the tos again, but let's be honest it very often don't happen)
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited January 2017
    lol, you guys need GMs? We are desperate for them also. A botter recently hit 250 and more on the way. It's not the first time too, but to let things go on unchecked for so long is really pathetic. Nexon has hit all time new lows. At least 1 year ago they actually did something but now you can report someone as much as you want and watch the time go by and have them get away with it. Like I said in the past. Some reports date back 2-4 months ago with absolutely nothing done. These players just keep progressing and getting away with botting or hacking.

What ever happened to the blue txt announcements too? People loved those and you took them away Nexon. Unlike smega spam it was a joy to see them. At the same time it shows the whole server who the cheaters are. At this time unless someone lets others know there's absolutely no way someone would know if anouther person got banned or not and for what reason.

It was a bit painful to see SavageAce say that they had 24/7 GMs in stream. You could see everyone "lol" because they know it's a load of crap. If there were really 24/7 GMs then why do high level botters get away with it for so long? Up until the point where they're about to hit 250... It's pathetic.
    Bahamut_X
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2017
    I wonder who on the forums would qualify to be a active patrol GM. I've been reporting numerous FM shops as well as watching botters and alerting GMS which area are infested. I don't think the GMs are passionate about their jobs.

Too bad I live in NYC and cannot be a volunteer for a patrol position. It would be helpful if people who are not in LA can work on patrol and other duties.
  • FlameWizardBlancFlameWizardBlanc
    Reactions: 1,040
    edited January 2017
    Must say, I slightly miss GMChaos at times like these xD
  • CobainCobain
    Reactions: 780
    edited January 2017
    In all due fairness, Nexon is a business. Lots of hackers have bought NX or put real money into the game. It's less likely that they will ban someone who has bought NX for their account, but I'm sure they see it as a big middle finger to them when you buy NX for your account, then sell the items you get, for in game currency. It's just a thought. I'm probably wrong.
    I was recently doing the Dragon/Tiger quest lines that require you to do things in Mu Lung with a time limit. It made it difficult to get those beginning quests done due to hackers on every channel, killing everything on the map. I just used a couple ultimate (hyper) skills and was able to get my required kills rather quickly, but it was kinda frustrating having to deal with hackers. If they don't want to remove the hackers, they could atleast give them instanced maps or bring back the instanced maps if they aren't going to remove the hackers from the game.
    Also, getting rid of hackers is nearly impossible with the more recent technological advances in spoofing and hiding your IP/MAC address. So IP/MAC banning is kinda pointless as they can just change those and get back in the game. As long as I've been playing Maple (Started in 2007), Nexon has been battling hackers the entire time. There was a point when it was impossible to do anything on any decent map, as hackers were on every channel and in pretty much every decent training map.

I recently came back to maple and to get a refresher, I started playing on Reboot server. Even there, I see hackers all over the place. Which is kinda baffling since you literally can't trade anything to anyone in that server. I do understand that you can trade Mesos between your characters but still, they have made it to where gaining mesos is quite simple.
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited February 2017
    I've seen far too many of these hackers/bots and they've only increased in numbers since the merge. Of course, I do only talk about the Luna server. The GMS servers are greater in number, therefore GM moderation is tougher in comparison to our one EMS server. THAT SAID, surely it would be an easier task for at least 1 GM to support Luna... You would think!

I wrote to customer support, in regards to these problems. In a nutshell, their response was 'We cannot respond to this. Any problems, send a ticket. Try using the in-game report function'.

1- This was a ticket that I sent. All that happened was I get this auto-message response, and the problem is only getting worse.
    2- The fact that they cannot even confirm that Luna has any GM moderation is concerning. We've only been merged for a few months and nobody has seen or heard from any GM in the server.
    3- Although it's great that EMS players now have access to the in-game report function... what is the point of it, if there are no GMs around to respond!?

We need GMs! We need them NOW!

P.S.
    If there has been any GM activity that you know of, please let us know who they are.
  • FlareyuFlareyu
    Reactions: 455
    edited February 2017
    Hackers don't get banned in this game, even if you have indisputable evidence on video. I've seen players get banned for "bug abuse" or buying duped/stolen gear in the free market which is funny because there's no indicator of something being duped/stolen.
  • RogueBloodRogueBlood
    Reactions: 1,480
    edited February 2017
    Flareyu wrote: »
    Hackers don't get banned in this game, even if you have indisputable evidence on video. I've seen players get banned for "bug abuse" or buying duped/stolen gear in the free market which is funny because there's no indicator of something being duped/stolen.

They do get banned, I know they get banned. I've seen hacker IGNs, that I've reported, listed in the perma-ban list in the old Named and Shamed thread. The problem now, in this server, they don't even bother to auto-CC anymore, because the people behind these hacks/bots know that there's no GMs around to stop them.