[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make some players into GMs

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Okhura wrote: »
    Why not just bring the EMS GM's back?

Because, as I understand it, the whole point of the EMS-GMS migration was to reduce operating costs. If they go and hire the same (or different, for that matter) people back, that's money they're not saving.
    Nexon figures, "If the GMS GMs can handle 7 servers, they can handle 8."
    (Little do they know, or care: GMS GMs couldn't handle 7, either)
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited February 2017
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Yonax wrote: »
    But one thing is clear no more hackers, botters, advertisers or exploiters!

A pipedream, in all honesty. For a free-to-play game, it's always going to be a back-and-forth process of patching hacks and the programs being updated to function once again. It will never cease 100% until you put up an actual paywall.

They can't even get this right cause high DPs users get disconnected by jacking police, my friends zero gets it even without the lagfest its crazy. As for GMs on GMS?, I have yet to see even one, I don't get how an employee for maybe I dunno 2 hours could just scout the servers, he would ban Mu Lung like that -snaps fingers-

• OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Because, as I understand it, the whole point of the EMS-GMS migration was to reduce operating costs. If they go and hire the same (or different, for that matter) people back, that's money they're not saving.

It's not like the EMS GMs got fired though, they are still working on other things in Nexon EU.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

It's not like the EMS GMs got fired though, they are still working on other things in Nexon EU.

Servers with a minimal amount of botters, hackers and exploiters (reduces lag as well) thats not something GMS can handle.