[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[SKILL] Arrow Blaster fails to install, CD applied

Comments

• phonephone
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2017
    Please hire people who can actually code and fix the bug
  • IHadToIHadTo
    Reactions: 955
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Does Nexon even know? This skill is actually really important to Phantoms at least.
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    I'm also a bowmaster main and I'm getting really tired of this skill not working properly 60% of the time for 6months (if not more). It would be nice if we can finally get a fix.
  • SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited June 2017
    Posting again to note that this bug is still occurring after the v186 Override update.
  • phonephone
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2017
    bump
  • IHadToIHadTo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Looking for Nexon to acknowledge this as a bug.
    It's really annoying that a core skill is unreliable for anything.
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited July 2017
    IHadTo wrote: »
    Looking for Nexon to acknowledge this as a bug.
    It's really annoying that a core skill is unreliable for anything.

Even if it did work it's pretty useless since it only lasts a few seconds. At least 2 minutes would be good. And before I saw your thread I was going to post about it as well.

IGN: Archeryi
    World: Windia
    Class: Bowmaster
    Level: 213
  • IHadToIHadTo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Arrow Blaster is supposed to last 30 seconds when installed with a 5 second cooldown after installing.
    Right now, one of 3 things will happen when you try to install it.

1. Arrow Blaster does not install and the 5 second cooldown is applied.
    2. Arrow Blaster installs and less than 2 seconds later, it disappears. The 5 second cooldown is also applied.
    3. Arrow Blaster actually installs for 30 seconds and the 5 second cooldown applies, but it doesn't matter since Arrow Blaster would be available again.

The 3rd scenario is how it should be 100% of the time. It has only worked like 50% of the time in the past 7 months. Recently, it has actually gotten WORSE, where Arrow Blaster installs correctly only like 20% of the time.

PLEASE FIX!
  • FattyzorFattyzor
    Reactions: 300
    edited July 2017
    October 2016 is the date this got posted here..... and still this skill has not been looked at by nexon.. kind of sad...
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Reactions: 2,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I'm aware the VFM AlexF has forwarded this, which is very appreciatied. However, this is not acceptable. The arrow blaster bug has been around for almost a whole year now. It slows grinding down immensely and really puts Bowmasters in an incredibly awkward position. Seriously, this needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thank you in advance
  • IHadToIHadTo
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    This is still not fixed.
  • TrishockTrishock
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    Bug Type: Skill Functionality

Brief Bug Summary: When the turret of Arrow Blaster is set up, it can sometimes have the tendency to disappear before the turret's duration ends(and infuriatingly can happen right as you set up the turret)

Steps to reproduce:
    Step 1. Set up the Arrow Blaster Turret.
    Step 2A. An easy way to see if the turret functions properly is if you use Arrow Blaster again on a group of mobs while the turret is already set up and/or try to set up another turret during the cooldown duration.
    Step 2B. Hunt normally and check to see if the turret disappears at the proper duration.

Character Name: Trishock

Character Level: 221

Character Job: Bowmaster

World Name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: reported at around 7/21/17 at around 8 PM but realistically, the skill might have been possibly dysfunctional ever since Arrow Blaster's turret was given a 5 second cooldown to prevent BMs from constant repositioning without any setbacks.

• TrishockTrishock
    edited July 2017
    oh crap i wish i knew this post was here and accidentally posted my own report on it on its own. RIP. But seriously, i can't believe this bug has been present for months and yet this still isn't fixed ugh!.The problems with trying to play the new Dream Watcher quest and this bug has to kill runs.
  • SkyTheDestroyerSkyTheDestroyer
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited July 2017
    Trishock wrote: »
    Date and time of the incident: reported at around 7/21/17 at around 8 PM but realistically, the skill might have been possibly dysfunctional ever since Arrow Blaster's turret was given a 5 second cooldown to prevent BMs from constant repositioning without any setbacks.
    Arrow Blaster started having this bug actually quite a bit after they added the 5 sec cooldown. Arrow Blaster has had the disappearance bug since specifically the Secret Stories update back in October 2016 when they decreased Arrow Blaster's firing rate. (Hence the thread being created in October 2016.)
  • TrishockTrishock
    edited July 2017
    Good to know exactly when. I just don't remember since I had periods where i was inactive with the game. There is no way I'm playing Dream Defender proper until this bug is fixed.
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    If this got forwarded, then why, when I asked a live chat support person whether this bug was on their internal bug list, was it NOT on their bug list? I submitted a video to this same live chat support person and I truly hope they ACTUALLY put it on the list this time...
  • LamatoLamato
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited July 2017
    Would love for this to get fixed. It's rather annoying trying to guess if a main source of DPS is going to let you down and cause you to fail a run or something.I believe it's still bugged in KMS to this very day. One can be hopeful GMS decides to take action first.
  • FattyzorFattyzor
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    august 28th, still no word on this issue
  • BluejeansBluejeans
    Reactions: 2,130
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    "The Ranger 3rd job skill 'Arrow Blaster' will now properly deal damage to enemies."

Source: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/24926/scheduled-game-update-august-30-2017

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    What does that even mean though. The problem isn't that it doesn't do damage. It does do damage once it's installed. The problem is with installing it at all in the first place.

I hope it's just poor wording on Nexon's part. I guess we'll see once the servers go up.

----
    Edit: Problem remains, it just failed on me again after the patch and cooldown was applied. Gonna test it more when servers get more crowded.
    JettLuvsU