[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Still using GameLauncher.exe? Lucky you!

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
That's the only way to get in the game right now.

If you've used GameLauncher before, it will work for you now.
If you haven't, then the GameLauncher in your appdata folder will, unfortunately, not work.

Oh, how I look forward to the removal of direct launch. I'm sure the game will be so much better with no players in it.
slick74011Its2Sharp4UFennekinSkyTheDestroyer

Comments

• slick74011slick74011
    Reactions: 100
    edited March 2017
    ive never used it, there is no way for me to get in with it at all?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    slick74011 wrote: »
    ive never used it, there is no way for me to get in with it at all?

Not that I know of.
    But the red notice at the top of the screen says Nexon is aware of the issue. So hopefully Nexon Launcher will be working soon.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    And things like these are exactly the reasons why they shouldn't discontinue gamelauncher.exe just yet. Thankfully I haven't "upgraded" so I can still get on for 2x, but we're all screwed after the 23rd.
    AKradianDemonluckCatoooloooSkyTheDestroyer
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    rofl, isn't this the second time since the GameLauncher removal announcement that the GameLauncher was the only working option?

older thread
    CatoooloooSkyTheDestroyer
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited March 2017
    Yet another reason why they should not remove the GameLauncher
  • ShadowJoshXDShadowJoshXD
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited March 2017
    I had to get in that so that I won't miss out on 2x exp
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    That's the only way to get in the game right now.

If you've used GameLauncher before, it will work for you now.
    If you haven't, then the GameLauncher in your appdata folder will, unfortunately, not work.

Oh, how I look forward to the removal of direct launch. I'm sure the game will be so much better with no players in it.

The games already low population not like it will make much difference.
    deadend5193
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    Nexon had better get over this myopia before they see some real s##t go down.

I'm shocked this isn't receiving more attention from people who are aware of this issue. Do they not what looms over us by them doing this? They are walking in to a catastrophe willingly and it's gonna be lost revenue/playerbase guaranteed. So, why the insistence on continuing with the plan, Nexon?

I've never seen such stubbornness in a gaming company before in my entire life. Unless they have some magic wand up their sleeve they are not telling us about (unlikely), this is NOT going to end well.

Just let us use the gamelauncher until you get the NX Launcher in working order. Simple temporary fix, everyone happy again, catastrophe averted.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017

I'm shocked this isn't receiving more attention from people who are aware of this issue. Do they not what looms over us by them doing this? They are walking in to a catastrophe willingly and it's gonna be lost revenue/playerbase guaranteed. So, why the insistence on continuing with the plan, Nexon?

I've never seen such stubbornness in a gaming company before in my entire life. Unless they have some magic wand up their sleeve they are not telling us about (unlikely), this is NOT going to end well.

Just let us use the gamelauncher until you get the NX Launcher in working order. Simple temporary fix, everyone happy again, catastrophe averted.

I wonder whether this tweet is in response to that:

SvgCPz9.jpg

IvangoldBooberpuppy
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

I wonder whether this tweet is in response to that:

SvgCPz9.jpg

Well, i hope they can fix Nexon launcher and make it actually work for everyone.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited March 2017
    @AKradian
    At this point, I'm going to assume that's exactly what they are talking about.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited March 2017
    Good thing I changed to windows 10. The other computer which had windows XP started getting freeze trouble. It was not just in MS lol. I am saying that because NexonLauncher doesnt work in XP. So, the very few players who still play on XP will get screwed.
  • PleinairPleinair
    Reactions: 1,320
    edited March 2017
    thrakkes wrote: »
    Good thing I changed to windows 10. The other computer which had windows XP started getting freeze trouble. It was not just in MS lol. I am saying that because NexonLauncher doesnt work in XP. So, the very few players who still play on XP will get screwed.

I use Windows XP still, and while Nexon Launcher didn't work for me last year due to that, since I installed Nexon Launcher a new last month it has been working and I'm playing MapleStory via Nexon Launcher for the past few weeks on my XP computer..
    I guess Nexon did some kind of Ninja update to Nexon Launcher at some point so it now works on Windows XP and 32bit Operating Systems.