[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions about Crusader Codex

ShippouShippou
Reactions: 1,570
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in General Chat
Ours is currently broken in a massive way, but I'm wondering if other versions are as screwed up as ours.
Does KMS actually still have crusader codex? And if they do, does theirs have the same issues as ours? (unobtainable cards because the monsters don't exist, or because the mobs don't drop the cards, broken/inaccurate drop lists)

I get really annoyed at Crusader Codex because it's such a mess. Is there any way to import a working version of it from another region?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    I don't think KMS ever had the Crusader Codex. It's JMS content, and JMS still has it and keeps it updated, as far as I know. I don't know what they've done with old cards and sets of regions that got locked or replaced.
    Shippou
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    I don't think KMS ever had the Crusader Codex. It's JMS content, and JMS still has it and keeps it updated, as far as I know. I don't know what they've done with old cards and sets of regions that got locked or replaced.

Actually, KMS brought that content over from JMS. They have the newer version.

This is something I asked about in the live stream, it doesn't make sense why we don't have the updated version. We follow JMS patches almost to the letter. For example JMS also just got the MVP system. (On March 8th). So.. I definitely think we should be getting this content also ~_~

Remember how the saying went for how, "not all content within the other region will make to to this region"?

That's probably what happened. Regardless if it was due to "decision making" or "oversight" it's kind of ridiculous to keep content outdated or else it'll eventually be plagued with issues since this game does involve power-creep and constant content overhaul.

It would be nice for the Crusader Codex updated for once in it's lifetime. Regardless if it is from a different region or GMS-exclusive because it would be considered a "legacy issue" by now. How many years has it been anyway, 3?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    If i remember correctly the crusader codex began to have issues around the time twilight Perion was added
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

Actually, KMS brought that content over from JMS. They have the newer version.
    uh, that's not the crusader codex, that's called monster collection, it's a different system entirely, and we already have it.

Unless you are talking about Bamon's league, which is also not even the same thing as either monster collection or crusader codex. Bamon's league was a "Yu-gi-oh" esque minigame that got removed from KMS cause it was so buggy and never brought back.

KMS do not have the crusader codex, but TMS,CMS and JMS do. TMS and CMS have a different, more P2W version than JMS's, but all of them are more revamped than ours.

the "Legacy" issue with GMS is that they have just not updated it nor have they tried to update it.
    Shippou