[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Potential and Nebulite Junk Lines

ShippouShippou
Reactions: 1,570
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As part of the "Better Maple" thing, we removed accuracy lines and the hat-specific "10% chance to feel x when attacked" lines from the potential pool before they were removed altogether during the V update.I'm asking for something similar.

The potentials that I would propose be removed from the pools are:
"x% chance to ignore y damage" -armors
"x% chance to ignore y% damage" -armors
"1/2% chance to apply Auto-Steal" -Glove specific pool

There are other potential lines that are similarly useless, but are only in lower tiers, like HP/MP recovery on accessories and abnormal status on weapons. Because they are in low tiers, it could be argued that it's more rewarding to the player for getting higher tier items for better potentials.
These other potentials I'm proposing against are in high-tier potential pools, making it very hard to get good lines even once you've tiered up to unique or legendary. This seems counter-intuitive to include them on high-tier items.

These lines are useless because:
The armor ones do not proc reliably not do they proc in situations where they would be useful (like bosses). Even the worst potential lines like %MP at least improve your stats. These do nothing but clutter the pool to make it artificially harder to get anything decent. They also seem to be heavily weighted in the pools for tops, bottoms, and shoulders.
The auto-steal potential is completely useless. It's impossible to tell when it procs, because it only procs on non-boss mobs, which most players will 1-2 hit kill. The idea itself is obsolete.

For Nebulites, I'd like to see the following nebulites removed/changed:
-D rank nebulites for face expressions on hats removed
-all rank nebulites for "x% chance to ignore y/y% damage" removed
-merging magic defense and weapon defense nebs into DEF nebs

For those nebs removed that are currently in player inventories, an appropriate nebulite could be given to replace them. Maybe +1 all stat nebs for the Ds and +DEF nebs for the damage defense nebs.
I think this would go a long way in helping players obtain better nebulites when fusing while still keeping it relatively balanced.
SlicedTimeIvangold

Comments

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    The potentials that I would propose be removed from the pools are:
    "20/30% chance to ignore 3-53 damage" -Armor and Secondary Weapon
    "5/10% chance to ignore 20/40% damage" -Armor and Secondary Weapon
    "1/2/3/5/7% chance to apply Auto-Steal" -Gloves

They're not the only useless lines at Epic or above.
    "3% chance to recover HP/MP when attacking" -Weapon, Secondary Weapon, Emblem (This is also available in Rare Potential and in Epic and above Bonus Potential)
    "15% chance to recover HP/MP when you killed a monster" -Gloves
    "All skill levels +1/2/3" -Hat (This is also available in Bonus Potential)
    "2/4% chance to become invincible when attacked" -Top and Overall
    "Elemental resistance increase" -Top and Overall (This is also available in Bonus Potential)
    "Abnormal status resistance increase" -Bottom (This is also available in Bonus Potential)
    "Reflect damage at a chance" -Bottom

These lines are useless because:
    On top of their measly activation rates, the HP/MP recovery from attacking and killing monsters is far overshadowed by potions.
    The skill level increase potential does not make 4th job skills go beyond their max level.
    7 second invincibility is very powerful, but getting it only once in every 25 enemy attacks on average makes its average invincibility time 0.28 seconds which is far too small.
    Elemental Resistance is Damage Reduction that only applies to Gassy and Poisonous Elite Monsters and Horntail.
    Abnormal Status Resistance diminishes very quickly.
    On top of the mediocre activation rate, the amount of damage you reflect back is far overshadowed by your damage range.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited March 2017
    They should also change the nebulites with avoibility and accuracy to some random one, besides the simply revamp for nebulites.