[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

legacy thread locked immediately?XD

HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
Reactions: 2,060
edited April 2017 in General Chat
Sorry, I'm just laughing that no one even got to comment on a thread creating by someone talking about how plausible a legacy server would be. Many games have done this and they have been popular usually with updates that are in favor and agreed on by the community. Then again Nexon can barely handle their real game. Atleast let the people dream about a better maple even if you won't give us one.

Comments

• NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited April 2017
    It was a misunderstanding.

TLDR: I got my hopes up but was mistaken.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    If you'd have looked at the lock reason you'd have seen that these forums have a rule in the Code of Conduct forbidding making threads about legacy servers.
    So, yes, any such thread would get immediately locked.
  • HeinekenHeroHeinekenHero
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    If you'd have looked at the lock reason you'd have seen that these forums have a rule in the Code of Conduct forbidding making threads about legacy servers.

That wasn't the reason the volunteers gave though which is funny.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

That wasn't the reason the volunteers gave though which is funny.

It was the reason. Invulgo quoted the line from the CoC.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2017
    >many games have done this

didnt realize just one game counts as many but ok.

I'd rather them build a better team around the current live game than have to have a team around maintaining a nostalgia server or at least get the Supreme server.

the reason given for the closure was given and is in the CoC.
    edited April 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »

Runescape, WoW, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot. Do your research before making sarcastic and false comments.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2017

Runescape, WoW, Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot. Do your research before making sarcastic and false comments.

WoW doesn't have an official legacy server, in fact they closed down a huge legacy around october of last year, and have said that they might make an official legacy server but nothing further has been said recently. in fact I recall they said something akin to " you think you want a legacy server but you don't" and the new Elysium legacy server is also Unoffical and not supported by Blizzard.

Everquest also doen't have any official legacy server, but they do have subscription based Time locked progression servers, where they just get newer content slower. p99 is not an official server.

Dark Age of Camelot this might be the only legitamate legacy server in the list aside from the obvious Runescape one that gets mentioned constantly, but I honestly didnt bother to do any kind of deep look into it cause I simply got bored.

I find it funny that you tell me I should do more research but the list you compiled is very much unresearched.

you should do more research yourself buddy.

2 = many, ok.

also, gotta ask how many of these are English(US, UK, EU) based and how many of these are Asian Based (Kr,Jp,Cn) MMO's/ company's?
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    Ragnarok also has a legacy server that does pretty well.

Also, I can sorta see where the misunderstanding came from lol. The main code of conduct doesn't have the rule listed. There USED to be another CoC stickied in the General Chat section that had the rule I think? But I can't find it anymore lol. Did it disappear with the forum update?
    edited April 2017

WoW doesn't have an official legacy server, in fact they closed down a huge legacy around october of last year, and have said that they might make an official legacy server but nothing further has been said recently. in fact I recall they said something akin to " you think you want a legacy server but you don't" and the new Elysium legacy server is also Unoffical and not supported by Blizzard.

Everquest also doen't have any official legacy server, but they do have subscription based Time locked progression servers, where they just get newer content slower. p99 is not an official server.

Dark Age of Camelot this might be the only legitamate legacy server in the list aside from the obvious Runescape one that gets mentioned constantly, but I honestly didnt bother to do any kind of deep look into it cause I simply got bored.

I find it funny that you tell me I should do more research but the list you compiled is very much unresearched.

you should do more research yourself buddy.

2 = many, ok.

also, gotta ask how many of these are English(US, UK, EU) based and how many of these are Asian Based (Kr,Jp,Cn) MMO's/ company's?

Omg you know how to google search the only games I mentioned good job. Should I just give you a cookie now?

I'm saying the response from the volunteers was more based on saying nostalgia doesn't pay when, I use the word 'some' instead of 'most' for you, it does. Not based of the code of conduct for the forums.
    edited April 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    Ragnarok also has a legacy server that does pretty well.

Also, I can sorta see where the misunderstanding came from lol. The main code of conduct doesn't have the rule listed. There USED to be another CoC stickied in the General Chat section that had the rule I think? But I can't find it anymore lol. Did it disappear with the forum update?

They did a rework of new ToS and the entire forums so it might be harder to find. Any one at Nexon should be able to link it here if they read this.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    edited April 2017

Omg you know how to google search the only games I mentioned good job. Should I just give you a cookie now?

I'm saying the response from the volunteers was more based on saying nostalgia doesn't pay when, I use the word 'some' instead of 'most' for you, it does. Not based of the code of conduct for the forums.

it's based on an addition to the CoC that was in a sticky but thanks to the new update breaking stickies, it's no longer on the first page, and perhaps the new CM thought it was redundant to have a main CoC and the CoC sticky and decided to delete/hide the sticky.

also you completely failed to prove your point, clearly you don't know how to google at all with what you decided to post as a response to me saying that official legacy servers are rare and mostly non-existent and nowhere near being a "most company's are doing it" thing. you had an opportunity to prove that "many" games were doing the Legacy server, but if there were many, you wouldn't have scraped together a half assed list that could fall apart if I "Did my research". Keep that fighting spirit, one day you will make a good educated post that will prove a point.
    edited April 2017

it's based on an addition to the CoC that was in a sticky but thanks to the new update breaking stickies, it's no longer on the first page, and perhaps the new CM thought it was redundant to have a main CoC and the CoC sticky and decided to delete/hide the sticky.

also you completely failed to prove your point, clearly you don't know how to google at all with what you decided to post as a response to me saying that official legacy servers are rare and mostly non-existent and nowhere near being a "most company's are doing it" thing. you had an opportunity to prove that "many" games were doing the Legacy server, but if there were many, you wouldn't have scraped together a half assed list that could fall apart if I "Did my research". Keep that fighting spirit, one day you will make a good educated post that will prove a point.

If you read the thread it was merely a comment thread since the original was locked. Someone is quite upset about being wrong you don't have to be so defensive. Hoping this thread is locked before you get anymore hostile. Don't worry I believe that you are so smart and thank you so much that means a lot to me that one day I may have a good post. You're so encouraging and not childish at all.=)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    Ok, this is turning into an argument so I'm just going to stop this right here:

It is against the rules the suggest an Old Maple/Legacy server on these forums (I can't guarantee it'll even get a positive response on other community websites either). Discussing nostalgia is perfectly fine and allowed, but suggesting servers is not allowed. The topic has been argued many times, and the pros and cons have been discussed by players and Nexon staff alike (both official company statements and unofficial personal opinions from staff) for years now. In the end the forum staff elected to ban the topic entirely, for various reasons.

Close reasons: Discussing Old Maple servers, general thread derailment

Nothing left to discuss here, /thread
This discussion has been closed.