[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In light of OneLetter's post - old forums access

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited April 2017 in General Chat
OneLetter wrote: »
I’d like for all of you to think about what are some potential things that can help us (the MapleStory Community) progress and move forward. I’m not necessarily talking about in-game changes, but more in the way of quality-of-life. This is not something you need to answer now, just think about it for the time being.

We have been thinking about, asking for, and community brainstorming over many such things over the years.
Please restore user access to the old forums, read-only of course, that we might find those old discussions and continue on from there.
I think that looking at those threads will also help OneLetter and Arwoo understand the frustration that has been building up in the community over all these years, and came to a head in the "hate-filled" posts you saw.
DaisukeHarutoBellamazedUzumeMewsKlaraYakudlePhantasmaRRenni

Comments

• forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited April 2017
    I value your persistence in wanting the forums back. I also want them back and feel that they would be an amazing asset to have available but I think it's a lost cause.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    I value your persistence in wanting the forums back. I also want them back and feel that they would be an amazing asset to have available but I think it's a lost cause.

We have nothing to lose by trying.
    Maybe they will start their increased transparency by restoring access to content that was created by the users (or by Nexon representatives for users) in the first place. Nothing confidential in there at all. What better way to gain "transparency and communication" points without actually revealing anything new?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    I wonder if they do have access or not; it seems like we repeat allot of the same complaints. You'd think at one point somebody would of gone over this in a meeting.

I am going by what Invulgo wrote here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/comment/33633/#Comment_33633

However, as other people pointed out in that thread, the old forums contain a lot of garbage. Finding the relevant threads would be difficult for anyone who wasn't there when they were created, although searching by keywords like "transparency" would certainly make a good start.
    If they gave us access, however, then people like myself and Its2Sharp4U would easily be able to find the old threads we created or participated in.
    Renni