[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[DS STORAGE] Damage Skins replaced with Duplicates

CybunnyCybunny
Reactions: 775
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Bug Reporting
I somehow ended up with a duplicate Purple damage skin on both ends of my list, and one of them overwrote another skin I'm trying to figure out.
I don't know how this happened, but it always happens (this happened TWICE TO ME NOW, first a Lovely damage skin which I paid for) after deleting skins.

If you like most of your skins, avoid deleting them. I'm afraid of even using this system anymore. Thanks for eating two damage skins I like, game.
I am so sick of this happening.

EDIT: I added a Couples Army damage skin last night and woke up to it being overwritten by A THIRD PURPLE DAMAGE SKIN. At least this time the damage skin that was overwritten was currently in the top box instead... H E L P

Comments

• DailyDaily
    Reactions: 500
    edited May 2017
    Bug type:
    Extra saved damage skin

Brief bug summary:
    Theres 2 relic damage skins in my saved skins list. I dont think its possible to save 2 of the same kind.

More details:
    I think i lost my steamed bun damage skin and maybe it somehow turned into the 2nd relic damage skin. Not sure though.

Character name:
    Genar

Character level:

Character job:
    Evan

World name:
    Windia
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Did you delete any saved damage skins?

I think someone else reported that when deleting a saved skin, other skins were lost or duplicated. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/5wdr5j/damage_skin_bug/
  • DailyDaily
    Reactions: 500
    edited May 2017
    I didn't delete any saved damage skins, but I remember that I had a steamed bun damage skin. I'm pretty sure that I saved it but it's gone now.
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2017
    I've forwarded this issue. In the meantime, it would help to provide information as per the MapleStory Bug Reporting Guidelines.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    The Damage Skin Storage UI has been changed since the creation of this thread, but before the UI change, how it saved damage skins was wonky. Rather than ordering them from newest to oldest or vice versa, whenever you were about to save a new damage skin, the order of your saved damage skins got reversed and then your newest damage skin was put into the leftmost slot. For example, if you have 7 damage skins saved, how they were ordered was 7-5-3-1-2-4-6, and then when you save an 8th damage skin, first the order got flipped to 6-4-2-1-3-5-7, and then 8 was put to the left of the order, now going 8-6-4-2-1-3-5-7. As a result, this abnormal storing order made deleting damage skins very buggy.