[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

make trifling wind a passive skill again

DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
Reactions: 965
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
i've already posted something similar but it was more of a question according to the VFM(?)

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/13561/should-toggle-skills-be-on-by-default-no-bait

in that post i asked what would be best for toggle skills, even tho it hadn't got enough attention and votes i still believe it represents the general opinion for trifling wind/similar skills, of course it can't be adjusted per person (but in reality, why not? its not gonna be impossible to set it to stay on or off through deaths log offs etc, but since GMS only follows KMS i suppose that won't even be considered) however as trifling wind is not really a situational skill like teleport mastery where you wouldn't want to draw monster aggro by accident and it will not activate unless you are personally attacking, and that's why having it as a toggle is rather stupid, literally the only 2 classes who have final attack on toggle are wind archers and angelic buster, and that kinda sucks for us.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited May 2017
    why having it as a toggle is rather stupid, literally the only 2 classes who have final attack on toggle are wind archers and angelic buster, and that kinda sucks for us.
    I guess shade is forgotten and Nightwalker's bats don't count?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited May 2017
    #maketriflingwindpassiveagain

But on a serious note, I can see why AB's Soul Seeker is on/off. It's a lot harder to control than Trifling Wind. There's honestly no reason for TW to be on/off in the first place.
    DiscordOfColors
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    And then you'll all be whining that you can't kill Chaos Pierre because your skills randomly hit the wrong-hat one all the time.

I do agree that toggle skills should remember their state if you die or disconnect, though.
    DiscordOfColors
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    And then you'll all be whining that you can't kill Chaos Pierre because your skills randomly hit the wrong-hat one all the time.

I do agree that toggle skills should remember their state if you die or disconnect, though.

The problem is, Chaos Pierre doesn't work the same way for Wind Archers. Unlike skills like Fox Spirits, Shadow Bats, and Soul Seeker, instead TW typically attacks the intended target. Also, Song of Heaven (hurricane for WAs) already hits 4 mobs, so no Wind Archer with half a brain will be attacking if both Pierres are stacked on top of each other.
    DiscordOfColorsRolls
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    edited May 2017
    AKradian wrote: »

honestly currenty the only skill that fk us up in pierre is howling gale. but as the comment above me said wind archer's don't hit pierres that are stacked on top of eachother
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited May 2017
    honestly currenty the only skill that fk us up in pierre is howling gale. but as the comment above me said wind archer's don't hit pierres that are stacked on top of eachother

You don't attack them stacked on top of each other with multi target skills in general. Other than Pierre, I don't see any places where toggling it off would be useful.
  • DiscordOfColorsDiscordOfColors
    edited May 2017
    Rolls wrote: »

You don't attack them stacked on top of each other with multi target skills in general. Other than Pierre, I don't see any places where toggling it off would be useful.
    i meant when you use it on purple pierre and then he decides to change color. it only happened to me once but he healed from 50% to 100% ;-;

Catooolooo wrote: »
    why having it as a toggle is rather stupid, literally the only 2 classes who have final attack on toggle are wind archers and angelic buster, and that kinda sucks for us.
    I guess shade is forgotten and Nightwalker's bats don't count?

shade could use some time buffing up, that bastard only has 1 buff and that's maple warrior lol.