[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Legion System: It get's absurd.

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
I'm looking at a chart that lists the requirements to rank up your Legion... wow.
For the final upgrade, you need base 2400 coins. Coming from someone who can only manage about 40 coins per day, not counting daily quests, and not even thinking about all the upgrades beforehand that cost in the thousands, that's a lot.
But it gets worse.
To even be able to be qualified, you need 10,000 Cumulative Level. Divided by 40, the amount of characters that would be able to achieve such a number... you need 40 characters to be level 250, with some leeway if there is a higher character limit per world than 40.

Here's a link to the page I used for this info: http://ayumilove.net/maplestory-maple-union-guide/

Of course I only mention the max Legion, but it's not like lower ranks are any better. And keep in mind, it probably get's easier once you begin building up your Legion's power levels... but that isn't exactly a point in it's favor. It might not even ring true in our current version of Maplestory, but the early costs and requirements ring true. It's a dauntling-looking task, and I'd kinda wish it was possible to achieve maximum power without selling everything you own, including your soul, to Nexon. I can't even imagine achieving such being possible without being either a Reboot player or spending more money than it may even be worth... for what benefits? Small boosts to damage?

Comments

• Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited July 2017
    I doubt that people will be even be able to fill out the board even if they had a 10,000 Cumulative Level.

But you can easily unlock the entire board at 6,000 Cumulative Level. The coin cost for rank up is different in GMS (yes I know that there's a discount but original cost is still different) so that's not accurate for us.

Maximum power will always be the end-goal and Nexon will never make it easy. It doesn't mean you can't benefit from any of the systems. You just have to balance it out in order to achieve great power (or range in this case) with minimal effort.

If they made Legion easy to max out that would've just been another "must have tool-set easy to max out" like the Trait system.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I doubt that people will be even be able to fill out the board even if they had a 10,000 Cumulative Level.

But you can easily unlock the entire board at 6,000 Cumulative Level. The coin cost for rank up is different in GMS (yes I know that there's a discount but original cost is still different) so that's not accurate for us.

Maximum power will always be the end-goal and Nexon will never make it easy. It doesn't mean you can't benefit from any of the systems. You just have to balance it out in order to achieve great power (or range in this case) with minimal effort.

If they made Legion easy to max out that would've just been another "must have tool-set easy to max out" like the Trait system.

A) You probably wouldn't need to fill the entire board. One whole section is dedicated to Bonus EXP, which is useless if the character you wanted at max level (your main), plus 39 other characters, twelve of which will most likely be the link skills your main needs, are all already at the current max level.

B ) That's a relief to hear at least.

C) I wouldn't want it easy, but it goes back to being a daunting task: It looks almost unachievable to someone who only leveled to 200 a second time only yesterday since Reboot was released, with the rest of his characters somewhere between 100-160. At least some way to make it to a reasonable rank to experience the most of the Legion System while keeping a high ceiling to hit, kinda what they did to the leveling curve, would be nice, but we already have that don't we. It's Master Rank tier 2.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    this will become less of a "problem" as KMS releases more classes or allows for more character creations. I dont even think the focus should be at achieving the highest rank as fast as you can, just unlocking the whole board is enough and you move the pieces around when you need different stats from the board. you do not need to get to the highest rank to have a decent benefit from this system at all.

the important thing to do right now, is to take advantage of the discount happening right now and rank up as much as you can for the lower cost.
  • RisingRainRisingRain
    Reactions: 450
    edited July 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    this will become less of a "problem" as KMS releases more classes or allows for more character creations. I dont even think the focus should be at achieving the highest rank as fast as you can, just unlocking the whole board is enough and you move the pieces around when you need different stats from the board. you do not need to get to the highest rank to have a decent benefit from this system at all.

the important thing to do right now, is to take advantage of the discount happening right now and rank up as much as you can for the lower cost.

The Legion system only counts the top 40 characters in your world, regardless of the number of slots you have. This was confirmed with Luna since they can have up to 80 character slots.
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    edited July 2017
    You're forgetting that once your Legion starts to grow and gets stronger you'll start to earn more coins as well. And I like how "expensive" it is to get a new rank. Makes getting those extra stat slots all the more rewarding.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I agree it isn't something you should be able to do in a single sitting or a week or whatever. But please remember, as I mention it again, My Legion's Cumulative Level is only 4,461 or something like that. To give you an idea what that means, only two characters on my account are level 200: Night Walker and Shadower. The next highest is my 185 Dark Knight. My lowest character is my level 80 Demon Slayer, with a technical follow-up being my Jett, who I am actively training as opposed to DS. Everyone else (I have 32 characters total) is at some point between level 100 and level 170.

I didn't even intend to look at the costs going that high, I just wanted to see the stats that each character gave to plan who I wanted to Burn. And if it is wanted that I be able to level up almost all the characters in my world just to gain the ability to fill the board (not even to level 200 each, god forbid I put too much effort into this game I'm probably only going to be playing every Summer, Winter, and Anniversary, maybe Crossover events if they look more interesting than an excuse to dress up like Rem)... well, whatever.
    RailBird wrote: »
    You're forgetting that once your Legion starts to grow and gets stronger you'll start to earn more coins as well. And I like how "expensive" it is to get a new rank. Makes getting those extra stat slots all the more rewarding.

No I didn't, it says "...And keep in mind, it probably get's easier once you begin building up your Legion's power levels... but that isn't exactly a point in it's favor". It's in the final paragraph. I don't think I even edited that in after posting.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    I agree it isn't something you should be able to do in a single sitting or a week or whatever. But please remember, as I mention it again, My Legion's Cumulative Level is only 4,461 or something like that. To give you an idea what that means, only two characters on my account are level 200: Night Walker and Shadower. The next highest is my 185 Dark Knight. My lowest character is my level 80 Demon Slayer, with a technical follow-up being my Jett, who I am actively training as opposed to DS. Everyone else (I have 32 characters total) is at some point between level 100 and level 170.

I didn't even intend to look at the costs going that high, I just wanted to see the stats that each character gave to plan who I wanted to Burn. And if it is wanted that I be able to level up almost all the characters in my world just to gain the ability to fill the board (not even to level 200 each, god forbid I put too much effort into this game I'm probably only going to be playing every Summer, Winter, and Anniversary, maybe Crossover events if they look more interesting than an excuse to dress up like Rem)... well, whatever.
    RailBird wrote: »

No I didn't, it says "...And keep in mind, it probably get's easier once you begin building up your Legion's power levels... but that isn't exactly a point in it's favor". It's in the final paragraph. I don't think I even edited that in after posting.
    your's is higher than mine at the moment and I have 3 level 200's and others between 90~150, it won't be as big of a problem as time goes by, as KMS opens more slots, and does more character leveling events like Breakthrough and burning, and besides the system is made to grow as you grow your characters.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Not a big deal, I'm at renowned legion rightnow. The cumulative levels is easiest part, getting coins is what takes time. 5808 total levels.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    Not a big deal, I'm at renowned legion rightnow. The cumulative levels is easiest part, getting coins is what takes time. 5808 total levels.

You're 1k higher than me...=3=" -waiting for burning so I can get Kaiser done- I should just level my dang DW instead of my boring potato of a Jett...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

You're 1k higher than me...=3=" -waiting for burning so I can get Kaiser done- I should just level my dang DW instead of my boring potato of a Jett...

Be careful cause Kaiser was d/c people after transformation use. Idk if they looked into it.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2017
    For anyone wanting 10k it should be a lot easyer to get 2,4k coins with 39 characters, you are comparing the strenght of someone who kill normal Root Abyss to kill Hard Damien....it's a completely diferent level.

Besides, most of your strenght comes from equips, you should really worry about it when you start to have a lot of rang, else it just won't be that worth lving so many characters.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited July 2017
    The legion system could be better and its even worse for players on new servers.
  • BlindRavenBlindRaven
    Reactions: 200
    I already made the calculations for getting to the top legion rank, and it is obvious you are not filling every square, the best way to do it is getting all of the classes available to lvl 200, and three levels link skills to 210. to fill the most important squares that are, Ignore Defense, Boss Damage and Crit Damage. At 8000 mark you should be able to fill those. You can make presets for bossing, farming, and supportive. If you like to fill more squares you have to get more characters to lvl 250 so you can fill crit rate or your main stat. Knockback resistance, abnormal status, and bonus exp are useless since you can buy exp buffs with legion coins. If you want to make it to top legion rank (10k cumulative levels) then, there are 44 classes available, 43 if you play on Reboot and the average level for all of you characters is about lvl 238. By that time you probably want to fill crit rate for bossing preset and bonus exp or buff duration for farming.