[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Omega Sector "return"? not quite

YakudleYakudle
Reactions: 2,085
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Well after i completed the questline and getting the white mesoranger outfit (halloween purposes)
i found out that not only the original pink meso ranger plot was changed every previous quest from before bigbang was somewhat removed?
yet i still have to see General Maestro to complete Sabitrama quest yet that npc its not there anymore
am not a fan of the blockbuster style dysplaying a massive character portrait with the text that blocks the screen the quest lines are turning into
i miss the diferent styles used back then now every character in maplestory looks like shade with small details
well enough of that rant
maybe ill submit a ticket cause id love to finish all my old quests from omega sector i still have the florina beach tickets and other stuff to complete lol

Comments

• XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The old Omega Sector was sorely outdated, with quest rewards, designs, and a lack of really any story beyond "there's aliens and we don't like aliens". It's the same thing they did with Korean Folk Town, only KFT doesn't have a number of extra maps that take place on a spaceship. With no real direction in KFT, other areas in the game within the level range of the area (about lv 75-80), and not many notable lv 170-180 areas, they made changes they felt necessary.
    That's the reason they closed the areas in the first place, not because they don't like you or Sabitrama.

...though I think they're gonna make Florina Beach a golf course. Just sayin.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    lol wasn't the old pink mesoranger plot just "I can't wake up on time, get me like 100 alarm clocks plz"? I thought it was cute, but I like the more fleshed-out version of the mesorangers we have now. I'm not fully done with the questline yet, but it'd be hilarious if the old pink mesoranger (Minnie?) was the same girl that could never wake up on time.

I also remember yellow mesoranger caught you giving classified info to the enemy (though you got sweet-talked into it). I don't remember what the other mesorangers had you do.

(also, no general maestro? D: I'm guessing Kevin (?) and that medic guy aren't there anymore either, lol. I forgot to check for them when I was there)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    i miss the diferent styles used back then now every character in maplestory looks like shade with small details

Actually, there's been almost no change in character designs for Omega Sector.

Chury, Hoony, and Gunny all have the same design they did originally (except for the fact that their NPCs no longer pose constantly).
    MS_NPC_Chury.pngMS_NPC_Hoony.pngMS_NPC_Gunny.png
    The Yellow, Pink, and Green Mesorangers were never given character designs; their helmets remained on. So their character designs and name choices are brand-new.
    MS_NPC_Yellow_Mesoranger.pngMS_NPC_Pink_Mesoranger.pngMS_NPC_Green_Mesoranger.png

Dr. Kim and Porter also haven't changed.
    MS_NPC_Dr._Kim.pngMS_NPC_Porter.png
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited July 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Fennekin wrote: »

Chury, Hoony, and Gunny all have the same design they did originally (except for the fact that their NPCs no longer pose constantly).
    MS_NPC_Chury.pngMS_NPC_Hoony.pngMS_NPC_Gunny.png
    The Yellow, Pink, and Green Mesorangers were never given character designs; their helmets remained on. So their character designs and name choices are brand-new.
    MS_NPC_Yellow_Mesoranger.pngMS_NPC_Pink_Mesoranger.pngMS_NPC_Green_Mesoranger.png

Dr. Kim and Porter also haven't changed.
    MS_NPC_Dr._Kim.pngMS_NPC_Porter.png

I think they meant character portraits, but even so, I don't see how every character "looks like shade" unless you are talking about the general chibi art style that has been in the game since release.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    The old Omega Sector was sorely outdated

that doesnt matter i just wanted to finish the old quests

Neospector wrote: »

So removing Minnie and the original quests means almost no change for you? i see well i dont share the same opinion

by the way am rather sick of the oversized character portraits in the right side of the screen everytime dude i mean its soo lame already its been overused
    look it i didnt care much when kinesis was release and maybe even friendstory included it was no big deal
    but now its everywhere
    why the quests now require a text box with an oversized picture its maplestory now a visual novel or something? everyone can see the npc in the background already
    it just kills the mood sometimes like when fighting damien or when the crimsonwood keep stuff hapened the only one i liked with that stuff was friendstory

• FirewolfslayerFirewolfslayer
    Reactions: 610
    edited July 2017
    Why do they even have to switch it up? I liked the old version better.